No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Loving the news about UA! It’s nice to have something good to talk about today!

Also, someone on Twitter has said they’ve heard a rumour about Rooney Mara being a Bond girl. While a completely baseless rumour, I’d be interested to hear what people think?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 3,164
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Check back into the site after ten hours and things exploded again because of more misinformation from Collider???

Uh, just like CF was about to walk, Plank Of Wood Cavill may be co-starring in 25 to pass the baton off to him as the next 007 (Jesus, was it even worth the breath to speak such stupidity), and now filming has been delayed??

For all of these three Collider-ONLY rumours (and so far as this writing, no one else has bothered to pick up on), but especially the last one: not according to anyone that matters.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Doesn’t add up. I’d imagine if filming was delayed by a month we would’ve heard something by now. On top of that, why would rehearsals start now if filming isn’t until April? Wouldn’t they start rehearsals in March if that was the case?
    peter wrote: »
    Check back into the site after ten hours and things exploded again because of more misinformation from Collider???

Uh, just like CF was about to walk, Plank Of Wood Cavill may be co-starring in 25 to pass the baton off to him as the next 007 (Jesus, was it even worth the breath to speak such stupidity), and now filming has been delayed??

For all of these three Collider-ONLY rumours (and so far as this writing, no one else has bothered to pick up on), but especially the last one: not according to anyone that matters.
    What rumour? The guy is reporting what the cinematographer of the movie directly told him.
  • peter wrote: »

Ummm....Frosty spoke to the film's cinematographer. Someone working on the film directly. I'm fairly certain it's accurate.

I think people are getting a little worked up over the 'delay' news. I understand that it feels a bit like someone postponing Christmas, but the release date isn't moving.

Also, just saw this on Twitter:

My educated guess is that 2nd Unit will start filming in March with principal photography kicking off in April.
    Also, I’m not too keen on Mara, she always seems quite cold and closed off in every role that she does. I can never to her. I have the same issue with Seadoux. For two Bond girls to be that dull would be rather disheartnikg.
    Regardless, in Barbara, Craig and Cary I trust!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Ummm....Frosty spoke to the film's cinematographer. Someone working on the film directly. I'm fairly certain it's accurate.

I think people are getting a little worked up over the 'delay' news. I understand that it feels a bit like someone postponing Christmas, but the release date isn't moving.

Also, just saw this on Twitter:

This guy has 3 tweets so I will take this with a giant grain of salt.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig announced today that Bond 25 will begin filming at Pinewood Studios on 4 March 2019 under the helm of director, Cary Joji Fukunaga with a worldwide release date of 14 February 2020.

Last official news from the 20th of September. They said they'll begin filming at Pinewood. So far, everything checks, just like archivo007 said.

Just a reminder. That's all.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'll believe any kind of delay when it's officially announced-- in the end did this guy hear they start shooting (in Italy) in April, or principal starts in April?

And now B25 will boast Stone, Johnson and Mara.

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!
    I'll believe any kind of delay when it's officially announced-- in the end did this guy hear they start shooting (in Italy) in April, or principal starts in April?

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!

Yep ;)

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!

Stone Johnson Mara and Broccoli sounds like a great weekend in Vegas which we shall not speak of again right @peter ;)
    This Mara rumour sounds too good to be true. If a The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo reunion does indeed happen, then “the great Barbara Broccoli” won’t suffice. I would have to start calling Barbara “goddess Barbara Broccoli”!
  • To be fair, this could be seen negatively as well. "What could have been" could mean it could have been a terrible entry to the series and although it could theoretically work well as a separate entity that happens to feature James Bond, it isn't a Bond film.
    Who says "what could have been" to indicate relief, though? In that case, wouldn't it make more sense to say "we dodged a bullet" or something?

I've always seen it used to imply lament, if anything.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Also, I’m not too keen on Mara, she always seems quite cold and closed off in every role that she does. I can never to her. I have the same issue with Seadoux. For two Bond girls to be that dull would be rather disheartnikg.
    Regardless, in Barbara, Craig and Cary I trust!

That's my opinion as well.
  • I could see Mara as an assasin working for the villain. She and Craig were terrific together in TGWTDT. She also was quite warm in Lion.

That guy is so random though, I don't trust his scoop.

I could see Mara as an assasin working for the villain. She and Craig were terrific together in TGWTDT. She also was quite warm in Lion.

That guy is so random though, I don't trust his scoop.
    Yeah, it seems like he is a Bond fan testing how quickly BS rumours spread.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!

Stone Johnson Mara and Broccoli sounds like a great weekend in Vegas which we shall not speak of again right @peter ;)

Dude, d’you remember the last time we went to Vegas, @Risico007 ???? You got so s***-faced, Babs said she’d take you back any time; you were the life of the party!! And now with Stone, Johnson, Mara AND Babs?!?! The mind boggles.

Filming’s been delayed so we can partay in Vegas for the month of March!!!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!

Dude, d’you remember the last time we went to Vegas, @Risico007 ???? You got so s***-faced, Babs said she’d take you back any time; you were the life of the party!! And now with Stone, Johnson, Mara AND Babs?!?! The mind boggles.

A look at @peter, @Risico007, Babs, and Lea in Vegas not that long ago waiting for all of this to just blow over.

EvilNastyGentoopenguin-small.gif
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Almost 22 days until the potential press conference! Or not.

Cheer up!

tumblr_m7axz2nebI1qbyh74o1_500.gif

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    ggl007 wrote: »

I love that UA is back! I like the new logo too, but I’ll miss the old steel-looking one. As this new logo includes a mention of the anniversary (1919-2019) part of me wonders if they’ll use the old UA intro, have the classic logo appear, and then have it fade or morph into the new 100th anniversary version. Weird thing to speculate and fantasize about, I know, but I love the UA intro almost as much as the gun barrel.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So which logo will be appearing? UA, MGM, or both?
    Univex wrote: »

Cheer up!

Great gif choice! Very symbolic of Bond 25’s pre-production ;) especially when Boyle left.
    jake24 wrote: »
    So which logo will be appearing? UA, MGM, or both?

Probably both, with UA replaced by Universal on the non-US versions of the film. UA is the branding for specifically the distribution operation.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thank goodness Annapurna won't appear.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Cheer up!

Great gif choice! Very symbolic of Bond 25’s pre-production ;) especially when Boyle left.

Actually, I was more like this when Boyle left:
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-14738-1380640641-0.gif
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Cheer up!

Actually, I was more like this when Boyle left:
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-14738-1380640641-0.gif

24f2a4892581f46cbd7d0dd2884394c6.png
    Me too.
  • I find it unusual that a Spanish Bond site made such bold claims about the filming/press conference - only for Sandgren to confirm that filming commences in April (you can't really get a more authoritative source than that).....

It seems we are still around 7 weeks out from filming commencing.

In other news, the Rooney Mara news is my new favourite rumour. But the source seems like nonsense. Some random on Twitter? No thanks. At least the Italian paper that mentioned Johnson/Stone actually confirmed a location that we hadn't heard of before and mentioned dates. I'm more inclined to believe them.

However, Mara is great. She's great in Dragon Tattoo and Carol. I personally was very captivated by her role in Una.

rooney-mara-at-givenchy-fashion-show-at-pfw-in-paris-09-30-2018-2.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto

Uh... okay...

Have fun with that one!

A look at @peter, @Risico007, Babs, and Lea in Vegas not that long ago waiting for all of this to just blow over.

EvilNastyGentoopenguin-small.gif

Yes, @AgentJamesBond007 ... But I believe @Risico007 and myself weren't clothed very well...

If memory serves, we weren't clothed at all...