No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Tuck91 wrote: »
    If they start shooting in April we're getting a much smaller film than normal. This one must be s character piece.

Yes, and this has been guessed at from the start. SP was more traditional, and had a lukewarm reception, so it seems logical that they would return to the well of CR and SF.

I'm all for that.
    Don't believe there is a delay. Not until official confirmation, but I'll say this, if it's for the good of the script, I'm all in. No more rush jobs, please. I want Fukunaga to be happy with the story. I know that if he is, I am - probably.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If they start shooting in April we're getting a much smaller film than normal. This one must be s character piece.
    Why? If filming really starts in April they will have about the same amount of time to film the movie + do the post-production as they did when they were making CR.

Maybe they are delaying filming because they have fired CJF and hired Nolan
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400

I think it has more to do with the development period being a tad hap-hazardous this time out. I think they want to buy Fukunaga more time to work on the script and prep.

• edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677

I think it has more to do with the development period being a tad hap-hazardous this time out. I think they want to buy Fukunaga more time to work on the script and prep.

If they've read some of Fukunaga's treatment, and they think its growing to be a well polished script, they should grant him more time to work on it. He is a good writer, and has a penchant for telling good stories. I would understand if he didn't want to start shooting a mediocre script from two mediocre writers ;)
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 616
    TripAces wrote: »
    Hollywood is full of tangled webs, but it's worth mentioning that DC just finished working with Dakota's dad on Knives Out. Were they talking?

Don Johnson would make a really interesting Bond villain. He's an underrated actor.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Guys I just reached out to @ColonelSun as far as he knows production still kicks off in March.
    Another possible delay? Sheesh, just when I thought we were good to go.
    This guy mixed up his dates. No, not Sandgren, the other fella.
    The James Bond Dossier is saying 4th March in an email I received today too.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    For anyone who is confused, the potential delay being discussed is in principle photography, not release date.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If it was delayed to April why would they be doing rehearsals now?
    Univex wrote: »
    How can you mix up March and April?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    How can you mix up March and April?

It's a single month apart. It's not March and October.
    antovolk wrote: »
    So either Sandgren made a mistake or start of shooting pushed back a month now...

Please tell me this is a mistake?!!!!
  • Just a thought but maybe the 2nd unit begins filming in March and it's full steam ahead for everyone else in April?
  • RC7RC7
    Sigh.
    Just a thought but maybe the 2nd unit begins filming in March and it's full steam ahead for everyone else in April?

Good call? The Sienna sequence started earlier than the main filming if memory serves me correctly?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Just a thought but maybe the 2nd unit begins filming in March and it's full steam ahead for everyone else in April?

Good call? The Sienna sequence started earlier than the main filming if memory serves me correctly?

Craig was spotted at the horse race in Siena in August 2007.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    @PanchitoPistoles people can easily make mistakes like that and this guy obviously made a mistake, As everyone else is concerned March 4th is still a go so please don't be starting your rhetoric.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There is almost always second unit work that takes place prior to first unit work, isn't there?
  • Why don't we all (kindly) ask him to further elaborate? It's probably a mistake on his part but we might as well make sure.

A number of people wrote tweets to Weintraub asking for just that. He hasn't answered yet.
  • 077077 ny
    @077

Wow! Quite a good observation that nobody has mentioned this whole time!

As long as Mr. White's plan works, his legacy and mission continue beyond his grave. Whether or not this is really the case, his character can retain lots of untapped value.

It makes one grateful as a viewer that Marc Forster decided to cut out his originally-planned death scene from QoS at the end.

Thanks! I got very excited about this possibility! Very much agree with the untapped potential of Mr. White.
    Why don't we all (kindly) ask him to further elaborate? It's probably a mistake on his part but we might as well make sure.

A number of people wrote tweets to Weintraub asking for just that. He hasn't answered yet.

Caught with his pants (memory) down, probably. Now how the hell will he confirm or deny it, knowing its that big of a deal?

@PanchitoPistoles people can easily make mistakes like that and this guy obviously made a mistake, As everyone else is concerned March 4th is still a go so please don't be starting your rhetoric.

Sucks the joy outta life, doesn’t it? :)
  • Univex wrote: »

I mean, the cinematographer of the film expects to be filming the movie in April. Therefore, April is the start date. You can’t do much without him….

It’s not rocket science. The filming date got pushed back. It’s not a big deal – in fact, I think it’s a good thing, the release date doesn’t move and Fukunaga gets more time in prep.

Let’s get back to talking about Dakota Johnson….

Dx3DVJOWoAA0MRO.jpg
    Seriously, the Johnson/Stone rumor has as much credibility as the Kate Upton/Helen Flanagan rumor from 2014:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/helen-flanagan-kate-upton-bond-24-rumor/amp/

Seriously, let it go. It's not worth our time.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    IMDB lists an actor named José Alfredo Fernandez as "henchman". But then it's IMDBV, so presumably not very reliable.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
  • RC7RC7

I mean, the cinematographer of the film expects to be filming the movie in April. Therefore, April is the start date. You can’t do much without him….

It’s not rocket science. The filming date got pushed back. It’s not a big deal – in fact, I think it’s a good thing, the release date doesn’t move and Fukunaga gets more time in prep.

Let’s get back to talking about Dakota Johnson….

Dx3DVJOWoAA0MRO.jpg

It may be that the 2nd unit begins shooting in March, with principal commencing April. It’s not uncommon. Either way, it’s nothing to worry about.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    IMDB lists an actor named José Alfredo Fernandez as "henchman". But then it's IMDBV, so presumably not very reliable.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

A new Nick Nack?
    One thing is certain: the March 4th start date clearly referred to the when the main unit would begin filming. So if the main unit won’t start filming in 27 days, then there is a delay, no matter how the Barbara Broccoli acolytes will try to spin it.