No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    peter wrote: »
    Also a ninety minute flight from Toronto to NY if DC wants to get home on weekends to see baby and wife...

The possibility of shooting interiors at Pinewood Studios Toronto is not out of the realm...

On location in the Great White North, or Banff...

Great tax credits, some of the best in the world, great crews, and the strength of the US greenback

This is a very exciting development for us Canadians!!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    There is no confirmation at all yet on Canada. Yes, it is a good idea for all reasons state above, but we need to not get our hopes up too high yet.
    There is no confirmation at all yet on Canada. Yes, it is a good idea for all reasons state above, but we need to not get our hopes up too high yet.

At least it's a rumour! Haven't been much news after the confirmation of Fukunaga - which is understandable, of course.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Hmmmm, interesting indeed.

"Will er das Dutzend noch vollmachen? «Ja, es gibt Gespräche über eine Zusammenarbeit für den nächsten Bond-Film. Vor kurzem nun wurde endlich ein Regisseur gefunden, und für nächsten März sind schon Dreharbeiten in Kanada terminiert.» Wobei, so fügt der 73-Jährige an, «ich nicht mehr allzu viele Zentimeter meines restlichen Lebensmeters in einer Eiswüste verbringen will."

Other than "Kanada" I cannot fathom this. Could someone translate please? :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I imagine if this WAS true, EoN would have already rented offices, studio and started working with the city.

The problem with this is it won't be under the title B25, and; I doubt it will be under SHATTERHAND either.

So, if it is in Toronto, like the Colonel hears things in England, we will know soon enough through production managers and line producers and all the crew vying for the Bond job.

The key there is it will probably be those who didn't get the job who will spill the news that 007's coming to town (as those who won a position will likely keep their mouths shut).

(suffice to say I've started to send out emails to production people I know)

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

"Will er das Dutzend noch vollmachen? «Ja, es gibt Gespräche über eine Zusammenarbeit für den nächsten Bond-Film. Vor kurzem nun wurde endlich ein Regisseur gefunden, und für nächsten März sind schon Dreharbeiten in Kanada terminiert.» Wobei, so fügt der 73-Jährige an, «ich nicht mehr allzu viele Zentimeter meines restlichen Lebensmeters in einer Eiswüste verbringen will."

Other than "Kanada" I cannot fathom this. Could someone translate please? :)
    Yes, there are discussions about working together for the next Bond movie, recently a director has finally been found, and shooting in Canada is scheduled for next March. "And so, he adds 73-year-old, "I do not want to spend too many inches of my remaining life in an ice desert."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What do we think of Justin Hurwitz for the score?

Not bad. David Arnold will be my top choice though until further notice.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    jake24 wrote: »

Some terrific music right there @jake24 ... Lots of depth to it (to this layman).... Has a bit of Barry-- with the trumpets??

On a separate note (see what I did there??): A producer friend got back to me re: B25 shooting in Toronto/Canada. He's producing Emma Roberts new Netflix show Spinning Out (starts shooting in Toronto in November)-- he hasn't heard of B25 coming into town.

He said he'll keep his ears open, but so far, me contacting him was the first he'd heard of this.
    Agreed regarding the music.

The rumour is for Canada in general; Toronto was not mentioned specifically.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Canada legalises recreational use of cannabis ...

DC “ hey Babs, I've called this meeting... Cos I want you to go down the 24 hr garage and get me some hobnobs”
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Agreed regarding the music.

The rumour is for Canada in general; Toronto was not mentioned specifically.

Yes, @jake24 , I asked about shooting in Toronto/Canada (and/or), and right now whether in Toronto, or somewhere else in Canada, he hasn't got word (this guy usually gets news of the bigger productions coming to Canada since, as a bigger fish, he gets first crack at them).

If he gets a whiff of this, even if it's a rumour, he'll let me know (and I would think IF this is true, they're not advertising the next Bond film as they start buying up space to work in, so we can expect a trickle-down effect.)
    DCisared wrote: »
    Canada legalises recreational use of cannabis ...

DC “ hey Babs, I've called this meeting... Cos I want you to go down the 24 hr garage and get me some hobnobs”

Free doobies for everyone at the wrap party.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2018 Posts: 7,526
    Maybe they'll come shoot in Vancouver! Lots of film done around here. Maybe I can get a background gig and be in my first Bond film ;)

I'll be keeping a close eye on this page: http://www.whatsfilming.ca/upcoming/?referer=production
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Canada has some lovely rugged landscape that is untapped in terms of film locale. Could be a good choice.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Your organisation, Mr Midnight, brought a batch of these canisters across the Canadian border.

I've assigned you to Station C, Canada.

Anything further from Canadian intelligence?

Perhaps we should shift our focus to the Canadian.

You're Canadian? You work in Canadian intelligence? It's all right. I know you do.

leaf-vector-id481778361?b=1&k=6&m=481778361&s=170x170&h=na3wp65ginBbJ8gxUac_A9lX3jjAh4LCNPSsGE_mAB0=
  • Bond already visited Kanada when he famously and in grand 007 style skied off Mount Asgard!

Glang, lang-a-Lang-a-Lang-a-Lang-a-Lang-a-lang, glang-a-lang...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Maybe they'll come shoot in Vancouver! Lots of film done around here. Maybe I can get a background gig and be in my first Bond film ;)

I'll be keeping a close eye on this page: http://www.whatsfilming.ca/upcoming/?referer=production

Please do.

Great city.

Lots of crew there.

So far, my producer friend hasn't heard anything. But I've sent out to others in the production field. Plus my own agent. I await feedback!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Canada has some lovely rugged landscape that is untapped in terms of film locale. Could be a good choice.

Agreed.
    Your organisation, Mr Midnight, brought a batch of these canisters across the Canadian border.

I've assigned you to Station C, Canada.

Anything further from Canadian intelligence?

Perhaps we should shift our focus to the Canadian.

You're Canadian? You work in Canadian intelligence? It's all right. I know you do.

leaf-vector-id481778361?b=1&k=6&m=481778361&s=170x170&h=na3wp65ginBbJ8gxUac_A9lX3jjAh4LCNPSsGE_mAB0=

Damn, @RichardTheBruce , that would be soooooooo amazing if they picked up on that thread.... Quebec and Old Montreal have a beautiful western Euro-vibe including Mont Tremblant for skiing (it's gorgeous and exotic)....
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Bond in Canada would be interesting this is goldeneye0094 by the way I am now blofeld lol
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Bond in Canada would be interesting this is goldeneye0094 by the way I am now blofeld lol

switching identities on us? Making mud-pies???

It would be great to have Bond in Canada (even if we're doubling for another city (which is often the case))-- not sure how seriously we should take this news.

The guy in question got the month of principal correct-- but that's a published piece of news by now....

I've just got a second email from a set designer-- she has not heard anything about Bond landing in Canada.

I'm not saying that this rumour is not true, BTW, just saying that players in the community have yet to hear something drop on this...

It's 4 and a half months out to shooting, so there's time to crew up in some Canadian city. This would have to happen, latest, by Dec/early Jan.

So, eyes WIDE, ears OPEN up until Jan.

If nothing by then, I'd bet, it won't and can't happen.
  • Damn, if they go to Canada, Quebec City is where it's at!

I've also toured Nova Scotia and that was pretty awesome as well.

Wow, the first track in ages by a Composer mentioned in the context of Bond that is truly impressing! Judging by that track, he should get the gig Right away! I cannot say that of any other Composer in the recent decade. But one good track doesn´t yet make a good score. I may have to watch First Man. It should be worth it for the Music alone if the rest is as good.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world

I could get behind a Hurwitz Bond score. I like this a lot. It reminds me of 80's Barry.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    Never seen any of True Detective but I hear that season one is excellent.
    I think you'll like it @Bounine, given you're a fan of Twin Peaks. It's got that similar weirdness going on.

Sounds great. I’ll have to check it out.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 2,598
    Murdock wrote: »

I could get behind a Hurwitz Bond score. I like this a lot. It reminds me of 80's Barry.

Like it a lot. I can picture Bond climbing a snowy mountain to this music in order to get to the villains’s headquarters undetected with scenes cut in of the enemy’s final plan coming into play as Bond gets closer...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    Never seen any of True Detective but I hear that season one is excellent.
    I think you'll like it @Bounine, given you're a fan of Twin Peaks. It's got that similar weirdness going on.

Sounds great. I’ll have to check it out.
    Just to clarify also, any similarity is at a high cursory level. They are fundamentally different shows.

Where there's some similarity is in the off-beat small town location, a murder of a young woman as the window through which we are introduced to series of strange local characters, in the fact that a couple of intrepid (one rather eccentric and philosophizing and the other pretty conventional and yet folksy) outsiders are investigating, in the involvement of something (or someone) dark, hidden & yet pervasive (I can't give more away without spoiling it), in the somewhat surreal cinematography and distinct atmosphere, and in the impact the case has on the investigators.

They are otherwise very different shows, and TD doesn't have any of the distinctive quirky humour or mood of Twin Peaks. It's far more introspective. Show founder Nic Pizzolato is apparently a fan. Another show which reminded me similarly of Twin Peaks is AMC's The Killing (also excellent).

If there's any truth to this, it very well could be either Canada doubling for another location, a brief stopover for some information, or the scene of an action encounter, leveraging the scenery (as in the TSWLM PTS). The 'ice desert' remark is what got me thinking about that.
    It's interesting that some fans have criticized Arnold for his lack of originality and referencing the classic Barry too much but IMHO thats exactly what that First Man score is. It's 100% Barry as soon as you listen.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    patb wrote: »
    It's interesting that some fans have criticized Arnold for his lack of originality and referencing the classic Barry too much but IMHO thats exactly what that First Man score is. It's 100% Barry as soon as you listen.

You do know that you’re about to get lectured as to why it’s “different “ lol
    I would expect nothing less :-)
    What about Lorne Balfe, i think he did at great Job @ M:I-6