No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    00Agent wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Sets are being built in Norway.

More info/photos: https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/02/set-de-bond-25-noruega/

Whoa! Thanks @marketto007.

So they are trying to take advantage of the snow, it would seem.

I hope it doubles for Austria, but i worry that they might get the stupid idea to delve deeper into Bond's childhood with Oberhauser.

I sincerely hope that Norway is Norway. Why spend $$$, and the effort to shoot there, and get some incentives, to call this beautiful landscape Austria (not saying Austria isn't beautiful-- but, c'mon: Norway!)

More info/photos: https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/02/set-de-bond-25-noruega/

I hope it doubles for Austria, but i worry that they might get the stupid idea to delve deeper into Bond's childhood with Oberhauser.

Unless Bond fights a villain who wants revenge for Bond's capture of his secret quarter-nephew (Blofeld)—Oberhauser's own secret half-brother—and Bond's secret half-foster-father—Underhauser.

That, I'd pay to see.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Someone picked a random "interesting" premise from a continuation Bond novel two years ago and distributed it in a fake article worldwide. Fans have been speculating that the film after Spectre would be called Shatterhand due to the Blofeld pinnacle and the way some think/thought the chronology would go. That article said producers were going to adapt Benson's novel Never Dream of Dying, and Benson himself denied ever having a conversation with the Eon Productions reps.

So, no. That article didn't do any research and thinks the title Shatterhand originated from there. This is the downside of the internet. Anybody can sell any story to anybody online and a lot of people not in the know (most of those not caring to find out themselves) would believe it. Today's journalism is pure speculation without any proper research even it's embarrassing.

Shatterhand may be the working title in that production data site. But, it's far from confirming that it definitely is the title of the next film. It could be. Not saying it couldn't. It's just that the sources in that article are nonexistent and are lifted from fan speculations from the Bond lore community circles. Nothing more. The Benson novel claim, however, is pure balderdash anyone with half a brain would smell a million miles away from.

Back in the 2000s on CBn and in this very forum, we were ALL were saying this. Now this kind of news leave us "shaken and stirred" doubting if this is true or not until that Bond fan using common sense appears to enlighten us all. Thank you @ClarkDevlin! You are the man!

On the other hand, nobody knows the truth, but it'd be an unwise gamble for EON to actually call the movie Shatterhand and making a step-by-step copy of YOLT the novel. If that was their idea, it'd be so predictable that it would really lack punch. Although, judging by the locations, if we have that it'll be reworked.

And I think it'd be silly to kill off Madeleine, OHMSS style. Who wants to see things all over again, particularly in an era that began with Bond losing someone he loved? Don't forget they changed interesting bits of SPECTRE just for the leaks (poker match between Bond and Blofeld, etc), so I guess if that they are reading something of this and know we are all expecting Madeleine to be killed off and Blofeld on a Japanese castle and Bond depressed and the title rumoured as Shatterhand, they'll have to cut and deal again.
    Well said, sir. Couldn't have elaborated it better myself!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The fact that they appear to be building an entire, bespoke house (vs. using an existing one) suggests one of two things to me.

There's either something unique about that location that was too perfect to pass up, or that particular building doesn't have wonderful odds of surviving the film. :)

Didn't they build the barn that Bond's plane smashes through in Sp? If so, it seems as if your thoughts may be "bang-on", @AgentM72
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,185
    peter wrote: »

I sincerely hope that Norway is Norway. Why spend $$$, and the effort to shoot there, and get some incentives, to call this beautiful landscape Austria (not saying Austria isn't beautiful-- but, c'mon: Norway!)

I'm not saying Norway is bad, in fact i don't have an opinion as i've never been there.
    But Austria/Switzerland are more deeply connected with Fleming, as well as Bond as a character due to Oberhauser etc. I guess it depends on what the story is and the scene calls for.
    The fact that they appear to be building an entire, bespoke house (vs. using an existing one) suggests one of two things to me.

There's either something unique about that location that was too perfect to pass up, or that particular building doesn't have wonderful odds of surviving the film. :)

Didn't they build the barn that Bond's plane smashes through in Sp? If so, it seems as if your thoughts may be "bang-on", @AgentM72

Indeed they did, @peter. My only disappointment was that single, solitary, surprised chicken didn't cluck it's way out the side as it barreled through.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I feel less Scooby Gang is more.

Yeah. Could you have imagined Bernard Lee zooming around London in a Jag? No, me neither.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869

I hope so too, I also hope this film doesn’t waste its time trying to tie up loose ends, like Spectre did quite poorly.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    A little like the empty streets of Rome, @AgentM72 … !
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    @Pierce2Daniel what's your scoop about the press conference I would like to at least hear it
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    With burns doing a reworking of the script does that mean it's a polish not a full rewrite and man he must type fast if he is half way through already
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    With burns doing a reworking of the script does that mean it's a polish not a full rewrite and man he must type fast if he is half way through already

As some on here have said, I think that article blew things way out of proportion. Very hard to believe it’s a full rewrite.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

This is by Langvann in the municipality of Nittedal.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I know right haha, I think his role was basically the role Paul Haggis played in the script for CR, to tidy up character and dialogue.

I’m really interested to see how this Norway set is used in the film because at the moment it’s not looking very Bondian :/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I truly hope filming in Norway won't be restricted to the confinement of a cottage-type building as the above photos suggest. That would be a total waste.
    It looks very similar to the SP set.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    jake24 wrote: »
    I truly hope filming in Norway won't be restricted to the confinement of a cottage-type building as the above photos suggest. That would be a total waste.
    I hope so too, Fukunga’s location scouting pictures do seem to suggest otherwise...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope so too, Fukunga’s location scouting pictures do seem to suggest otherwise...
    Those pics are from months ago, before he signed on.

Same.

But given the sheer amount and variability of beauty Norway's landscape offers, I can't imagine that's the intention.
  • RC7RC7
    That building is going bye-bye.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Those pics are from months ago, before he signed on.
    Oh really? Shame, they looked like great locations.
    they are likely still going to use those sets as rarely do studios build sets and not use them (for example the London bridge set they built for spectre while the climax changed they built the set so they had to use it)
    I believe Hakadal is the closest place to Oslo that still has snow. Could be a factor, but doubt that is the only place they will use.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Worryingly so :(
  • RC7RC7

Come on, guys.
    Looks like the Austria set in spectre
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    RC7 wrote: »

Come on, guys.
    You're right @RC7, anyway, I'm super excited for this film. I think Fukunaga's gonna seriously deliver, and with Lupita as a possible Bond-girl, I'm even more excited.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    The casting department needs to liven things up a bit. The casting in CR was without doubt the best of the entire Craig era. Green, Mikkelson, Wright and Gianninni were all brilliant. And the other minor roles were also really nicely cast. It had the feel of early Bond in terms of the casting.

We need more of that less well known casting.

The more recent casting has left me bored.

This! Brilliant post totally agree. Almost if not every person in that film is perfectly cast.

I would love to see another Sévérine from Skyfall style casting personally. Bérénice Marlohe a beautiful talented actress who was perfect age for Craig's Bond at that point and they had a great chemistry. She was a highlight of Skyfall for me

With that being said I'm hopeful that Lupita Nyong'o will be great in the film, if she was cast. I'm not familiar with a lot of her work but she was great in Black Panther. Also the fact that Burns is halfway through is promising.

I'm no fan of SF but Marlohe was one of the few high points. I felt her character, which could have been a Bond classic, was tossed aside and wasted. But I agree she was good left field casting. One of the few I'd say where Mendes got it right.

Bardem's entry was good but after the Island he was just meh as far as I'm concerned.
    My guess this cabin is a set whose location will be somewhere else in the film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I mean frankly, I’m surprised he’s that far if it’s true. Lupita would be an inspired choice. Stone being uninvolved is not a surprise.

I know, huh? Let's just change the "only" to an "already." There. Fixed. LOL