No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 13,879
    The top one isn’t even from Dr. No (which it appears was the intention). This is the correct one.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dWsVwjPs5bs/T01egZZ6SHI/AAAAAAAAAGs/T-jM3NSPl_0/s1600/s&B.png
    Yeah, I don't know what happened there. I guess they changed it at some point. Those screenshots are from 2014.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    On the 4th of March, 1226 days will have passed since the release of Spectre. If they can not finish pre-production of a Bond movie in 1226 days, then both Michael G and Barbara will have to go. Yes, we Bond fans can wait one more month, but that does not change the fact that filming does have to start on the 4th of March. EON's reputation depends on it!

Just as a frame of reference: look how long it has taken Disney to get Frozen 2 into production, completed, and released (due later this year...SIX years after the original). This process is not always so easy.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    It's safe to say some members of this forum thanks to their inside sources know for sure whether filming has been delayed by a month or not. Can they please come forward and tell us something?
    We have and we have been ignored so uh yeah believe what you want maybe it’s being filmed next week maybe next year who knows
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It's safe to say some members of this forum thanks to their inside sources know for sure whether filming has been delayed by a month or not. Can they please come forward and tell us something?

If anyone knows something (and I gather they do), i think not a chance in hell will anything more be spoken about it from some of those with legitimate contacts.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I saw someone suggest the name Where Shadows Fall earlier on a YouTube thread. What a great title!!
    peter wrote: »

If anyone knows something (and I gather they do), i think not a chance in hell will anything more be spoken about it from some of those with legitimate contacts.
    Why not? All they would need to write: "I know for a fact filming has not been delayed." or "I know for a fact filming will start in April."
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,250
    I'll say what I know for a fact: I know for a fact that the more calm posters have already contacted some of the people with legitimate contacts. Some of these posters even updated you already yesterday. But no one listened amongst all the silliness.

I know for a fact that these posters are continuing to contact these people with legitimate contacts and will continue to do so. And I suppose they are now sharing any tidbits and morsels they have amongst themselves.

As an edit so I make sure I'm not lumping everyone in one basket: as for me, I've also heard an update. But I'm afraid that when one brings this forth, it will be savaged anyways.

So keep scouring the internet-- lots of news will be coming out over the next few weeks (most will be misdirection (some by design, others by accident and good intentions), speculation (putting some facts together with some guessing work), and some things will be bang-on truths)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'll say what I know for a fact: I know for a fact that the more calm posters have already contacted some of the people with legitimate contacts. Some of these posters even updated you already yesterday. But no one listened amongst all the silliness.

I know for a fact that these posters are continuing to contact these people with legitimate contacts and will continue to do so. And I suppose they are now sharing any tidbits and morsels they have amongst themselves.

Basically hyperbole and paranoid delusions will not get you the answers you want.

The treatment of people with legitimate connections with the industry on this forum is downright disgusting at times.

It's full on throwing your toys out the pram for some of you, any wonder they don't want to share their news.

Just remember a few of you ruined it all for the rest.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »

Basically hyperbole and paranoid delusions will not get you the answers you want.

The treatment of people with legitimate connections with the industry on this forum is downright disgusting at times.

It's full on throwing your toys out the pram for some of you, any wonder they don't want to share their news.

Well said @Shardlake -- an as an add-on that I edited in the post above, but will say again:
    As an edit so I make sure I'm not lumping everyone in one basket: as for me, I've also heard an update. But I'm afraid that when one brings this forth, it will be savaged anyways.

So keep scouring the internet-- lots of news will be coming out over the next few weeks (most will be misdirection (some by design, others by accident and good intentions), speculation (putting some facts together with some guessing work), and some things will be bang-on truths)

Ok, but how am I supposed to know who does have legitimate connections and who doesn't? @Archivo_007 for example did claim and does claim to have legitimate connections. He was also the guy who about a year ago said that Nolan is definitely going to direct Bond 25...
    Univex wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles people can easily make mistakes like that and this guy obviously made a mistake, As everyone else is concerned March 4th is still a go so please don't be starting your rhetoric.

Sucks the joy outta life, doesn’t it? :)

I mean, the cinematographer of the film expects to be filming the movie in April. Therefore, April is the start date. You can’t do much without him….

It’s not rocket science. The filming date got pushed back. It’s not a big deal – in fact, I think it’s a good thing, the release date doesn’t move and Fukunaga gets more time in prep.

Let’s get back to talking about Dakota Johnson….

Dx3DVJOWoAA0MRO.jpg

Can we please try and make sure we report this picture on each new page?

Asking for a friend...

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,921
    Dakota Johnson cannot act. In the Craig era, that's a no-go.

And does anyone really want an American Bond girl again?
    I don’t want her in the movie but I do appreciate that photo.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    She certainly is a good combination of her parents' genes.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Right.

@Archivo_007 for example did claim and does claim to have legitimate connections. He was also the guy who about a year ago said that Nolan is definitely going to direct Bond 25...
    Wrong: https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

We have nothing to hide. That was the story and today, knowing the same, we would publish it again. I'll translate just one part:

It may seem naive or misleading to talk about "probable" or "percentages", but we are talking about the world of cinema and nothing is certain in these times and we do not want to be categorical about affirming something that has not yet been officially confirmed.

Curiously, nobody quotes that part... :)
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @ggl007 Alright, but I'm hoping if there won't be a press conference by the end of February, then you will stop trusting your source.
    as for me, I've also heard an update.
    Please cheer us up with some good news, @peter !
    Who the f cares. Get a life. Seriously. This is not healthy.

• Shardlake wrote: »

I certainly appreciate any intel shared in this forum. Inflicting some sort of punishment by not discussing whatever scoop you have with the rest of us in this forum is unfair. I never get into these petty fights.

And to be fair, Mr. Weintraub, who I'm not a fan of whatsoever, not of him nor of Collider, didn't have to give us an update or ask Linus Sandgren anything but he did. So it's a bit exaggerated to rake him over the coals in my humble opinion. He stands by what he said after all. Lying would imply he has some sort of malicious intent towards this movie which has not been evident whatsoever.

I assume the truth will come out eventually. Sometimes it is confusing who we should believe, and if we only stuck to EON press releases we would barely have anything to discuss most of the time, rumors are part of the fun of it.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

If you don’t mind PM’ing me @peter, I’d like to see what’s tidbits arisen.
    @peter I’d also very much appreciate a PM if you are willing.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I certainly appreciate any intel shared in this forum. Inflicting some sort of punishment by not discussing whatever scoop you have with the rest of us in this forum is unfair. I never get into these petty fights.

And to be fair, Mr. Weintraub, who I'm not a fan of whatsoever, not of him nor of Collider, didn't have to give us an update or ask Linus Sandgren anything but he did. So it's a bit exaggerated to rake him over the coals in my humble opinion. He stands by what he said after all. Lying would imply he has some sort of malicious intent towards this movie which has not been evident whatsoever.

I assume the truth will come out eventually. Sometimes it is confusing who we should believe, and if we only stuck to EON press releases we would barely have anything to discuss most of the time, rumors are part of the fun of it.

When news has been shared, some people have found it their right to drag the person sharing over hot coals-- case in point where something was inaccurately reported about @ggl007-- again ...

There were updates given yesterday about this delay from people who checked in with legit insider relationships. These people were drowned out. Or called wrong.

So no one is punishing-- I think some are tired of being vilified for the morsels they (we) bring to the table.

Yes, there's been more news about the delay-- of course there has. Why would anyone share since an internet scavenger may get upset with what we learned and rile up a whole bunch more silliness... What happens when many voices that have heard from different sources don't align with Weintraub's one tweet?

There will be plenty of news in the coming weeks, and I, for one, think it best to take a step back and allow whatever truths to leak out to leak out.

As @boldfinger has rightly said-- this is all getting a little sick.
    Ok Peter I will spill the beans....

The real reason for the delay is that @peter is the new 007 and to be honest me @peter and Babs are having way to much fun in Vegas to announce anything regarding Pete’s first 007 role
    When news has been shared, some people have found it their right to drag the person sharing over hot coals
    Isn't that exactly what you and a few others have done with Steven Weintraub?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »

The real reason for the delay is that @peter is the new 007 and to be honest me @peter and Babs are having way to much fun in Vegas to announce anything regarding Pete’s first 007 role

asshole-- promised you wouldn't say anything...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Risico007 wrote: »

asshole-- promised you wouldn't say anything...
    Censor that, sir. Robert De Niro’s grandson might be around. ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Trying to make any sense of this thread at the moment is headache inducing.

@peter I just want to say thank you for the credible, useful, and reliable info that you have shared before in this thread. You are a level headed and sensible person among panicking naysayers. I like to think that there is a silent majority of calm respectful people on this forum, it just seems that their voices are not the loudest.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    So while I know Mark Tildesley is only listed as the production designer for Bond 25 because of Danny Boyle, but he'd be a great choice and would really do Ken Adam proud. Just look at his work on High-Rise.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-14%20at%2014.42.06.jpg
    Screen%20Shot%202015-12-14%20at%2014.40.53.jpg

Also Odile Dicks-Mireaux, the costume designer of High-Rise, would be great too.

hr-costumes-1.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Denbigh, Tildesley's work on High-Rise was indeed first class and was reminiscent to an extent of early Adam in use of cold concrete like structures. I hope he's still on the job. I can't fully remember Dicks-Mireaux's work, but the film had a neat vibe to it - a bit 70's if I recall correctly.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Denbigh, Tildesley's work on High-Rise was indeed first class and was reminiscent to an extent of early Adam in use of cold concrete like structures. I hope he's still on the job. I can't fully remember Dicks-Mireaux's work, but the film had a neat vibe to it - a bit 70's if I recall correctly.
    Very much so! Just replace Hiddelston with Roger Moore and it'd be uncanny. Sienna Guillory and Jeremy Irons looking very Bondian here too :)
    highrise.png