No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Univex wrote: »
    @peter is just stating and reiterating that there has been no official word on it. And quite right he is.

Now, if it's indeed delayed for a month, that's not a problem, as long as they get it right, I'll be happy.

No sky is falling. No one is saying so.

Chill.

I think we patiently wait for the upcoming Press Confernce, which many posters have hinted is coming the last week of February. At that time they will likely divulge if there is a change in start date. This will also provide use with other clues as to the potential plot. Other than that let's discuss the exciting location rumours, the albeit sketchy casting rumours and the likelihood we will get more news each day. As that seems to be the trend since February 1st. Exciting times are ahead
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Have I understood correctly that international audiences will not see the United Artists logo in front of Bond 25?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Have I understood correctly that international audiences will not see the United Artists logo in front of Bond 25?

Correct, from my understanding of the situation anyway, as they're merely the marketing and distribution partner for the film in the US/Canada and haven't necessarily contributed to the budget. Since they'll no doubt be working side by side with Universal on the marketing campaign and materials though there is a chance we'll see it on the trailers and posters for international territories (like WB on Blade Runner 2049) and vice versa with Universal on the US material. Whether that carries over to the final film itself is another matter, as I mentioned before there's zero mention of WB on international versions of BR2049.
  • peter wrote: »

Rather uniquely, you have proven my point. Weintraub himself said the following:

'News' is not a shoot date moving. 'News' is when the release date changes. Your three links relate to:

⚫ Bond 25 loosing it's director and having to move out of 2019;
    ⚫ The new directors being considered; and
    ⚫ Fukunaga's eventual appointment and new release date.

All 'newsworthy stories' if we follow Weintraub's logic.

The links I posted all relate directly to the start date - all references to Spectre's start date were anecdotal to articles written by Baz.

I can't see how this conversation got so intense when it's a fairly innocent thing. I',m kinda happy that Fukunaga gets more prep time. Undeniably, @PanchitoPistoles said it best:
    I’ll say this: if the start of filming really has been pushed back by a month then EON won’t make an official announcement about it, and movie sites will not report it, since it would be non-news for everyone except us Bond fans. Also, if filming has been pushed back by a month then that decision was likely made several months ago.

Also insulting someone - even a journalist like Weintraub - doesn't strengthen your argument.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    That new UA logo looks good, I wonder how it will be animated. I asume the way it appears in that fan gunbarrell on the previous page isn't the official version
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Oh dear
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    In other news, Christoph Waltz was on 'The Tonight Show' on Monday, and there was no mention of Bond 25, as expected.

But he is on the promo tour for 'Alita', so it's bound to come up and some point.

• edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I'll accept the return of Waltz under one condition: Blofeld has to have this look in Bond 25.
    Seriously though, would a rich, influential and corrupt cardinal / high ranking member of the clergy not work very well as a Bond villain?
    The release date of February 2020 is staying for now but if it gets delayed until may 2020 or June 2020 im ok with it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'll accept the return of Waltz under one condition: Blofeld has to have this look in Bond 25.
    Seriously though, would a rich, influential and corrupt cardinal / high ranking member of the clergy not work very well as a Bond villain?
    That reminds me of John Gardner's continuation Bond novel, Scorpius.
    A gunbarrel at the beginning is too canned and pastiche....there are 22 Bond movies with the gunbarrel at the beginning.

There's more than 22 movies with the Marvel Studios logo at the beginning, but I don't hear people complaining about that.

More appropriate for a Three Musketeers film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I think I'll leave this thread for a while. The squirrels have taken over. It's a woodland in here. And we're all fighting for imaterial acorns.

Bye, for now. And good luck.

Try to find some cover under Shady Tree. ;-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think I'll leave this thread for a while. The squirrels have taken over. It's a woodland in here. And we're all fighting for imaterial acorns.

Bye, for now. And good luck.

@Univex Check your PM’s
    Ok so we have gone a few pages of people going back and forth and here is my hopes for the press conference/bond 25

First get rid of the guy had last time and bring in someone like Calvin Dyson

“Good morning Bond fans today is a great day to find out the title of the next bond film. While this don’t know it yet I have heard it’s from Fleming’s pen so let’s see what winds up happening” Calvin

Then the screen switches to Babs Michael Greg and Cary (and of course me and peter)

“Welcome everyone sorry we just came from Vegas “
    Me and @peter “wooooo Vegas”
    Babs laughs “ok so I am sure you all want to know the title and I think the screen behind me will do a great job of sharing it”

On the screen cgi smoke clears to reveal The Hildebrand Rarity

Applause

Cary “I know many will wonder about the title it’s from Fleming and the title refers to the climax of the film I promise In February it will all make sense”

Applause

Another day passes and still we wait.
    On the 4th of March, 1226 days will have passed since the release of Spectre. If they can not finish pre-production of a Bond movie in 1226 days, then both Michael G and Barbara will have to go. Yes, we Bond fans can wait one more month, but that does not change the fact that filming does have to start on the 4th of March. EON's reputation depends on it!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    No it doesn’t
    NicNac wrote: »
    No it doesn’t

Agreed but I am the crazy one
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    @Risico007 having common sense is not craziness and given all the info this week about rehearsals starting and the press conference being held the last two weeks of February I doubt filming has been pushed back a week.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »

Rather uniquely, you have proven my point. Weintraub himself said the following:

'News' is not a shoot date moving. 'News' is when the release date changes. Your three links relate to:

⚫ Bond 25 loosing it's director and having to move out of 2019;
    ⚫ The new directors being considered; and
    ⚫ Fukunaga's eventual appointment and new release date.

All 'newsworthy stories' if we follow Weintraub's logic.

The links I posted all relate directly to the start date - all references to Spectre's start date were anecdotal to articles written by Baz.

I can't see how this conversation got so intense when it's a fairly innocent thing. I',m kinda happy that Fukunaga gets more prep time. Undeniably, @PanchitoPistoles said it best:
    I’ll say this: if the start of filming really has been pushed back by a month then EON won’t make an official announcement about it, and movie sites will not report it, since it would be non-news for everyone except us Bond fans. Also, if filming has been pushed back by a month then that decision was likely made several months ago.

Also insulting someone - even a journalist like Weintraub - doesn't strengthen your argument.

ugh... cut n paste, repeat....

Moving on, I need a vacation with @Risico007 -- even when he's on various chemicals and spirits he makes sense-- in an allegorical way.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    @peter can I join your vacation also? Lol
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ok, that's quite enough with the spam and personal attacks. Take it to PMs.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 820
    The irony for us is that if production's actually been delayed slightly, this thread is probably the reason EON is afraid to say anything.

;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Risico007 having common sense is not craziness and given all the info this week about rehearsals starting and the press conference being held the last two weeks of February I doubt filming has been pushed back a week.

I’d just like to say that none of the information about rehearsals or the press conference have been confirmed. No matter what anyone says here to say otherwise, nothing has been confirmed. The information regarding rehearsals and the conference came from a source that could have been wrong so don't believe anything yet. Until I see the official 007 Twitter give us a countdown to the conference, we don't know what's happening.

I'd also like to address these stupid arguments. None of you on here know what's going on. Yes, they could have got the information wrong and yes, they could be right about the delay but we don't know! So please stop getting into stupid debates regarding information we can't support. This place is called MI6Community, not "MI6 I'm right and you're wrong." It's just a huge waste of time and you'll all probably kick yourself when we do get news and regardless of whether theres a delay or not, they're making the film and we're getting one.

P.S. Sonoya Mizuno for Bond girl! :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    FourDot wrote: »
    The new UA logo incorporates the Annapurna logo to some extent anyway, rather cleverly.
    I noticed that too. Nice touch. Personally I'd like to see producer credits during the scrolling dots.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    The new UA logo incorporates the Annapurna logo to some extent anyway, rather cleverly.
    I noticed that too. Nice touch. Personally I'd like to see producer credits during the scrolling dots.

Preferably saying HARRY SALTZMAN & ALBERT R: BROCCOLI PRESENT:
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

More like the bottom example here, especially if MGW is soon to step down as producer:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3857/14451126724_91ea42ceb9_o.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

More like the bottom example here, especially if MGW is soon to step down as producer:

Would be nice. The one on top has a spelling error. Or at least a grammatical one.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Would be nice. The one on top has a spelling error. Or at least a grammatical one.

The top one isn’t even from Dr. No (which it appears was the intention). This is the correct one.

s&B.png
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 2,115
    Sorry, I'm being picky.

//Bond 25 loosing it's director and having to move out of 2019;//

Losing, one "o." Loose means, well, loose. Loosing really isn't a verb.

Also, your is a form of the possessive. Your father, your mother, etc.

You're is a contraction for you are. You're right. You're wrong.

That is all.