No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• My question is what is the next step after Scott Burns completed his 1 month punch up of the script? Do the producers and Fukunaga review it and then decide if any more writing needs to be done?

Perhaps there is a chance that they will be happy with it, and filming and full casting can begin.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I just spoke with peter and babs and we are finishing the script now it’s a reworking of diamonds are forever entitled

I have a brotha

I expect it to be amazingly recieved
    Possibility for another one-word title. In American.
    A H G O T T A B R U D D U H

I could imagine Fukunaga putting the final touches on Burns' script.

Written by Neil Purvis, Robert Wade, Scott Burns & Cary Fukunaga
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    So reading the article it does sound like a lot of speculation on the part of the writer. He’s obviously basing his assumptions about the script on what Fiennes said, but is it unusual that Fiennes would be so completely in the dark? It does seem strange to me that he’d know nothing. He could have been lying though. I try to stay positive, but this film’s production so far has faced some unexpected hurdles and delays that I would’ve sworn would not happen had you asked me at the time.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I would be MUCH less grumpier over this whole pre-production fiasco if EON just game us some positive updates. Something as simple as when the PC will take place, or even a “Bond 25 is right on track” would be very nice.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Honestly, the only way these concerns are going to put to rest is when we are informed they started rolling the cameras and filming has begun. If they don't... Well... The worst is going to be plausibly assumed.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    If B25 is anywhere near as awesome as QOS, then I'll be pretty happy.
  • xolani wrote: »
    I could imagine Fukunaga putting the final touches on Burns' script.

Written by Neil Purvis, Robert Wade, Scott Burns & Cary Fukunaga

I could see that as well.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I don't really get why people think no-ones been cast yet? Yes, the script may not be done but if you remember Burns was only building on what was already there. If Malek and Magnussen have been cast, it probably means all the characters are still there, which also means casting is underway and may be completed with a few exceptions? Just because we or the press don't know doesn't mean nothings happening, it just means they're good at keeping secrets now.

It seems that this whole casting/script assumption is made out of impatience not fact, and trust me, Eon aren't going to answer to frustrated fanboys. From what I can gather, characters, action sequences and set pieces are in and dialogue and small aspects of story are still being worked on.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Ugh...:

okay, here we go:

"just underwent significant rewrites (courtesy of Scott Z. Burns) "-- no the script didn't go under "significant" re-writes... Didn't this same writer use the term "over-haul" in his last article on B25??? So he's down-graded it... But, apart from my dum-ass saying this, there have been significant reports this was a polish... And CF has already done a pass on it.

"However, apparently, some of the cast have no clue what the movie is about or what they’re doing in it because they haven’t received scripts yet."... Uh... okay, all franchise pics do this where they will give you an idea of your role, before they give you the script (coz they don't want it leaking-- see avengers and films like it...)... This is no news... And seriously?? M doesn't "know" what he will be doing??? Moneypenny doesn't "know" what she will be doing??? Q doesn't "know" what he will be doing??? Gimme a fucking break..

“Honestly, I’m not being coy,” he added genuinely. “I don’t know when it starts or what the story is.” Uh, yes he is being coy-- he will not, and will never tell the media the truth, as far as he knows it...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Eon aren't going to answer to frustrated fanboys.

Is that what we are?

Yes, that's exactly what we are. They have made us fans and they have frustrated us. So, we are what we are on their account. They don't owe us anything. But they could have a nicer communications department, that's for sure. And, about frustration, they probably have been frustrated as well, countless times. Truth be told, all of us probably feel the same way. Some of us just know more than others. They certainly do. That's all. Are we impatient because years have passed since a mediocre entry and a new production has been complicated? Is it that odd to be eager for news given these circumstances? I think not. Although, to be fair, I'm quite happy with all the mystery.
    Nothing from Baz today.

Don’t be surprised if the film moves from April back to its traditional November slot in 2020
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I guess all the locations are now off the books. No Norway in the next few weeks. No Italy in the Spring/early summer months, no Jamaica.

The delay will bring having to re-book these places? DC got in shape for nothing. He will announce his retirement from the role on Mar 25, 2019; Universal will break contract with EoN...
    peter wrote: »
    I guess all the locations are now off the books. No Norway in the next few weeks. No Italy in the Spring/early summer months, no Jamaica.

The delay will bring having to re-book these places? DC got in shape for nothing. He will announce his retirement from the role on Mar 25, 2019; Universal will break contract with EoN...

You don’t break contract if your renegotiate terms. Business 101, darling.
    Does anyone really blame EON after the debacle of the Sony leaks with Spectre? I’m very much ok with mystery. In Babs and Michael I trust. Keep the faith- too much negativity in here.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677

eheh, doom and gloom, doom and gloom, my friend.

c4cdb1dd99ca48217492870b5d942c02.gif

• NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    FredJB007 wrote: »
    Does anyone really blame EON after the debacle of the Sony leaks with Spectre? I’m very much ok with mystery. In Babs and Michael I trust. Keep the faith- too much negativity in here.

They've learnt the lesson. I guess they don't mail you or hand over a copy of the script for you to take it if you're involved with the production. It must be very safely hidden, I guess.
  • peterpeter Toronto

You don’t break contract if your renegotiate terms. Business 101, darling.

Ridiculous, darling.
    Univex wrote: »

eheh, doom and gloom, doom and gloom, my friend.

c4cdb1dd99ca48217492870b5d942c02.gif

That's it, to the bar I go...

(see you on the 8th of April 2020).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Eon aren't going to answer to frustrated fanboys.

Is that what we are?

Yes, that's exactly what we are. They have made us fans and they have frustrated us. So, we are what we are on their account. They don't owe us anything. But they could have a nicer communications department, that's for sure. And, about frustration, they probably have been frustrated as well, countless times. Truth be told, all of us probably feel the same way. Some of us just know more than others. They certainly do. That's all. Are we impatient because years have passed since a mediocre entry and a new production has been complicated? Is it that odd to be eager for news given these circumstances? I think not. Although, to be fair, I'm quite happy with all the mystery.
    I'm not trying to say that we can't be frustrated, and it's not odd to be eager for news? But what I'm saying is, is that they're not going to give us a press conference because some fans are complaining it hasn't happened, the same way they're not going to cast Idris Elba because a bunch of people are saying they should. They work on their own terms and go at their own pace. Assuming the worst gets us nowhere, and we just start this whole cycle again.

People will get down and then we'll suddenly have some news and people will be like "Ah yay, we're back on track" when they were never off track and the only thing that changed was people's up and down emotions. I, for one, am sticking to my feelings which are the same as they were when the delay was announced. I trust Eon and what they've got cooking, and I don't care how long it takes to get there because we're getting it on April 8, 2020, whether some people believe or not. I should also add this isn't directed at you @Univex, I'm just generalising.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

I'd be fine with mystery and all that if it didn't take them five years to release a movie.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,499
    Remington wrote: »

I'd be fine with mystery and all that if it didn't take them five years to release a movie.

You're right... And by the way, that cottage/house they've been building in Norway? Tear it the f-down too-- with this bloody non-script they can't shoot there until the first snow of next year...

:(

(sarc)
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I'm surprised Panchitopistoles hasn't come around yet! This is most definitely his kind of party!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832

Thank you. There will be no delay. I would be very surprised if there is. Total non-story.
    I'm surprised Panchitopistoles hasn't come around yet! This is most definitely his kind of party!

Please don't. If I have to read about how we would have been better off with Boyle again...
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Honestly, the only way these concerns are going to put to rest is when we are informed they started rolling the cameras and filming has begun. If they don't... Well... The worst is going to be plausibly assumed.

The cameras started rolling for QOS on August 16, 2007 (it's my birthday so I can't forget) for the Palio race shots, back when the script wasn't finished and only Craig, Dench and Forster were in. So I guess that -even if there was yet another delay- they will shot the lake and the house in Norway.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Sarchasm / ˈsär·kazəm / noun
    1. the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who didn't understand @peter and his post
    I should also add this isn't directed at you @Univex, I'm just generalising.

I know, we are in agreement, my friend.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This is the biggest crock-of-dog feces I've read in a while: the journo ASSUMES the script isn't done. Why??? Because Fiennes says he hasn't received his script??? Read about Nolan films, and a role like M gets delivered within just a few weeks (days) of shooting that role; same with the Marvel films; M/Fiennes doesn't need to see a script since he's not the star-- he knows what his role is in a film like B25, lol!

Burns was on polish duties-- and this was reported-- It would last about 3 to 4 weeks.

That time is now.

He handed in his script. His finished. Polished. Script.

He has now moved on to his next project (as writers will do); he delivered his work on time, as was reported.

Ridiculous....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I should also add this isn't directed at you @Univex, I'm just generalising.

I know, we are in agreement, my friend.
    giphy.gif