Who should/could be a Bond actor? *SPOILERS*

Comments

• ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    I'm not a big fan of Richard Madden (really not keen on him for Bond), but with the Eternals teaser released today I'm wondering, will he be better positioned to take on 007 in the eyes of Eon if the Marvel film is a hit, or would it being a big success price him out of the running?

Do we know what the franchise plans for the Eternals is after their own film? I don't think the film will make him such a huge star right out of the gate that he is priced out of Bond, but if he has roles in 4 productions in the next 6 years, that would be a problem.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm not a big fan of Richard Madden (really not keen on him for Bond), but with the Eternals teaser released today I'm wondering, will he be better positioned to take on 007 in the eyes of Eon if the Marvel film is a hit, or would it being a big success price him out of the running?

Do we know what the franchise plans for the Eternals is after their own film? I don't think the film will make him such a huge star right out of the gate that he is priced out of Bond, but if he has roles in 4 productions in the next 6 years, that would be a problem.

Is he even 5’8”?
  • edited May 24 Posts: 15,599
    I quite like Sam Claflin. The only issue for me, is that his voice seems a bit soft. A minor thing of course, but using that clip above as an example, Cillian Murphy sounds more commanding.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I quite like Sam Claflin. The only issue for me, is that his voice seems a bit soft. A minor thing of course, but using that clip above as an example, Cillian Murphy sounds more commanding.
    I think even Craig would have a hard time going up against Tommy Shelby haha :D
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think even Craig would have a hard time going up against Tommy Shelby haha :D

That is true, haha!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 24 Posts: 8,787

Oh is it a film? I genuinely thought it was a TV show when I saw that trailer. I have no idea what it's about.
    mtm wrote: »

Oh is it a film? I genuinely thought it was a TV show when I saw that trailer. I have no idea what it's about.

All I know is that it is directed by Chloe Zhao and reportedly the execs at Marvel and Disney were completely stunned by what she was able to do - especially with landscapes - without using virtual effects. Turns out, sometimes it pays off going to actual places in the world and not just a big green-screen in Atlanta :-)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    She also managed to write the screenplay with herself (bottom right in the credits block), which is impressive in itself! :)

eternals-poster-1269487-1280x0.jpeg
  • QsCatQsCat London

I don't think he's right for Bond. I like him in Any Human Heart though..
    Also, I must watch My cousin Rachel..
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    QsCat wrote: »

I don't think he's right for Bond. I like him in Any Human Heart though..
    Also, I must watch My cousin Rachel..

His voice is a bit soft.

• QsCatQsCat London
    Honestly having rewatched all of the Peaky Blinders recently, I think Sam Claflin would also be a great choice. He has a good range that could work really well for our next 007.

Resemblence to Fassbender here.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Voices don't really bother me too much cause as an actor, if it's really necessary, it's the easiest thing to change.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Also, we lived through Pierce's whine and it was no problem: Clafin's isn't exactly shocking.
    For anyone still touting Richard Madden please just watch The Take. You'll see Madden, and you'll see a heroic leading man, portrayed by another actor. In fact, during the film, Madden's character even says so ! He remarks upon the physical differences between them. That same comparison would apply to many an actor proposed among these many notes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 26 Posts: 4,667
    An extremely cheesy trailer but didn't realise a trailer was released for those images I keep posting of Callum haha :D
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited May 27 Posts: 964
    I reckon you all have heard/ read about Amazon having acquired MGM. Funny little detail: Amazon has just released 'Leonardo' starring future Bond potential Aidan Turner. Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this could turn out very well for mr. Turner. Perhaps Amazon sees a lot of potential in him as well. Very interesting timing. Perhaps one little hint could be that our beloved Mathis stars in it, as well.

original.gif
    Isn't that show supposed to be really bad?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex

Well, maybe that's the direction Amazon want to take the Bond franchise in?

Who says so? Idiotic reviewers through rottentomatoes? Don't make me laugh. The show is pretty good actually. You obviously haven't seen it. In fact, perhaps better to comment after have watched something yourself, rather than projecting what others think.
    So it isn't? Thank you. That's why I asked. The show isn't available where I live, as far as I am aware.
    So it isn't? Thank you. That's why I asked. The show isn't available where I live, as far as I am aware.

PM'd you
  • BennyBenny Classified Administrator, Moderator

Who says so? Idiotic reviewers through rottentomatoes? Don't make me laugh. The show is pretty good actually. You obviously haven't seen it. In fact, perhaps better to comment after have watched something yourself, rather than projecting what others think.

Reminds me of the days of the CR boycott. So called Bond fans screaming for Craig to be let go. Boycott the movie, as he was terribly miscast. All before anyone had seen it.
    And we all know how that turned out. ;)
    I haven't seen Leonardo, but I'll pass judgement after I've seen it.
    I think you're getting your hopes up a little @JeremyBondon concerning Amazon buying MGM. They now have a catalogue of thousands of shows and movies. I can't see how it will improve Aidan's chances. And even with Amazon's backing, EON will still have a major part in who's going to be the next Bond. Amazon are unlikely to cause to much of a problem to their ace in the hole...the golden goose who is James Bond.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Although Aidan Turner is my preferred choice for Bond #7, I think he's possibly aged out now. Although if the Amazon offers Bond more financial stability, maybe Bond 26 will arrive sooner than we think and Turner would still be able to play the role. But I doubt it

Turner is the only one of the candidates I could picture as Bond right now. I'm just praying they don't make a radical change to the character, to appease the social climate
    I trust Eon and I trust they'll make the right decision ultimately
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 27 Posts: 8,787
    I reckon you all have heard/ read about Amazon having acquired MGM. Funny little detail: Amazon has just released 'Leonardo' starring future Bond potential Aidan Turner. Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this could turn out very well for mr. Turner. Perhaps Amazon sees a lot of potential in him as well.

I think that's a bit of a reach. A man being hired by a company doesn't mean they want to hire him for everything.
    Benny wrote: »

Reminds me of the days of the CR boycott. So called Bond fans screaming for Craig to be let go. Boycott the movie, as he was terribly miscast. All before anyone had seen it.

Goon was just asking, he didn't pass any judgement. When you google it doesn't exactly have stellar reviews, and the people who have written the reviews have seen it. It's not really anything like the CR boycott.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's nice to see Aaron Taylor-Johnson getting more work. I wonder if this new Kraven movie rules him out or gives him a chance to shine as a leading man to gain EON's interest? And he actually got this Kraven role based on the new Bullet Train film, where he plays an assassin. Can we let Barbara see those dailies? Haha :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's nice to see Aaron Taylor-Johnson getting more work. I wonder if this new Kraven movie rules him out or gives him a chance to shine as a leading man to gain EON's interest? And he actually got this Kraven role based on the new Bullet Train film, where he plays an assassin. Can we let Barbara see those dailies? Haha :D

According to Empire he has said 'flat out' that he wouldn't want to play Bond though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    According to Empire he has said 'flat out' that he wouldn't want to play Bond though.
    Yeah, I saw that, but didn't Craig also say the same thing before he was.
  • BennyBenny Classified Administrator, Moderator
    I reckon you all have heard/ read about Amazon having acquired MGM. Funny little detail: Amazon has just released 'Leonardo' starring future Bond potential Aidan Turner. Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this could turn out very well for mr. Turner. Perhaps Amazon sees a lot of potential in him as well.

I think that's a bit of a reach. A man being hired by a company doesn't mean they want to hire him for everything.

Goon was just asking, he didn't pass any judgement. When you google it doesn't exactly have stellar reviews, and the people who have written the reviews have seen it. It's not really anything like the CR boycott.

If you take the time to read my post, you'll notice I didn't quote @ImpertinentGoon rather @JeremyBondon
    The CR boycott was similar in the way people past judgement without seeing the finished product. Bit like you post @mtm ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 27 Posts: 8,787

If you take the time to read my post, you'll notice I didn't quote @ImpertinentGoon rather @JeremyBondon
    The CR boycott was similar in the way people past judgement without seeing the finished product. Bit like you post @mtm ;)

If you'd taken the time to read Jeremy's post in context, you'd have noticed he was describing Goon's statement- incorrectly. By comparing his description of Goon to the CR boycott you were, perhaps inadvertently, also criticising Goon unfairly. ;)
    I'm not sure what you mean about me passing judgement without seeing the finished product? What does that refer to?
    edited May 27 Posts: 964

If you'd taken the time to read Jeremy's post in context, you'd have noticed he was describing Goon's statement- incorrectly. By comparing his description of Goon to the CR boycott you were, perhaps inadvertently, also criticising Goon unfairly. ;)
    I'm not sure what you mean about me passing judgement without seeing the finished product? What does that refer to?

Of course, MTM at it again. The usual. The way 'Goon' constructed his post wasn't really constructive it all, rather it insinuated 'Leonardo' is bad because some reviewers thought it was so-so or bad. Posts like that aren't really helpful, but since you are the master of pot stirring I'll leave it at that, as you are a priori a contrarian.

@Benny I agree with your post, makes sense. Of course I know I am speculating, but that's the gravy of this thread which makes it all the more delicious, in the end. Speculation all around.