Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Black Batman, Black Superman, Black Sherlock Holmes. None of these make a bit of sense.
    I believe there is actually a black Spider-Man currently in comics. The catch? It's not Peter Parker!! It's a whole new guy!
    Black Batman, Black Superman, Black Sherlock Holmes. None of these make a bit of sense.
    I believe there is actually a black Spider-Man currently in comics. The catch? It's not Peter Parker!! It's a whole new guy!

He's a Mexican-African American homosexual spiderman, and it makes me sick. Haha

(I'm not homophobic, its just... why?)
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 624
    Exactly, @Master_Dahark and @JWESTBROOK, thank you!

There's just no point to switch up the character.
    Tom Hiddlestone.... You guys have actually lost the sight of what Bond should be and should NOT be. You guys are trapped in the 'Sean Connery was the best and we want someone like him and in order to find him, we start throwing darts in the dark.'
    Tom Hiddlestone has got stupid smile for a spy character let alone Bond. He doesn't seem to carry that charm a better than average spy carries.

Painting two different eras with the same brush is plain stupidy. I'm pretty sure most of you guys just like 80% Bond fans across the world disapproved of Daniel Craig as a Bond.
    FireSkull wrote:
    Painting two different eras with the same brush is plain stupidy.

Love it :D
    @Master_Dahark wait for the heat...
    LOL just playing with you. I agreed with what you wrote about Bale on the last page BTW!
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 135
    Yeah just waiting for others to blast on me lol.
    Glad that you agreed and you're the first one who did!
    FireSkull wrote:
    Tom Hiddlestone.... You guys have actually lost the sight of what Bond should be and should NOT be. You guys are trapped in the 'Sean Connery was the best and we want someone like him and in order to find him, we start throwing darts in the dark.'
    Tom Hiddlestone has got stupid smile for a spy character let alone Bond. He doesn't seem to carry that charm a better than average spy carries.

Painting two different eras with the same brush is plain stupidy. I'm pretty sure most of you guys just like 80% Bond fans across the world disapproved of Daniel Craig as a Bond.

Sorry to spoil your argument, but I love Craig as Bond. I've spent many days defending Quantum of Solace to people who fail to cherish the good things about the film.

Its just, I want a smoother Bond, one that doesn't rely so much on his physicality and brute force, but uses wit and intelligence to defeat the villains. That's why we like Connery, he could hold up in a fight, but still used other methods of taking out his baddies.

I like Tom Hiddelston because he's an amazing actor, resembles Fleming's Bond, and pulls off 'intelligence' well.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Hiddleston? I really can't see it.
    200px-Fleming007impression.jpg&sa=X&ei=SZSyT-fFGI-btwfn3-XqCA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNH56DP4-ISSxZTn4OfuKdOZ9pbIFA
    image.jpg&sa=X&ei=lpSyT4awINKItwfO2_j4AQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc4aA&usg=AFQjCNH_MqvQtiBKHZjrrAzinGjEOUvg9A
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    200px-Fleming007impression.jpg&sa=X&ei=SZSyT-fFGI-btwfn3-XqCA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNH56DP4-ISSxZTn4OfuKdOZ9pbIFA
    image.jpg&sa=X&ei=lpSyT4awINKItwfO2_j4AQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc4aA&usg=AFQjCNH_MqvQtiBKHZjrrAzinGjEOUvg9A

I still don't see it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I love Tom Hiddlestone but I think he is very sweet looking, I don't know how to explain it better. But even when he's playing Loki and he's supposed to be bad as snakes he looks... sweet! No cruel mouth coming out of there.
    Sandy wrote:
    I love Tom Hiddlestone but I think he is very sweet looking, I don't know how to explain it better. But even when he's playing Loki and he's supposed to be bad as snakes he looks... sweet! No cruel mouth coming out of there.

But Loki balances between good and evil. He's brothers with Thor, and really he only stirs up trouble through jealousy of his father and his brother. Its the classic younger brother situation. Thor constantly tries to save him and stop him from doing what he does because he can see the good in Loki. In a way, Loki is supposed to be not-so-menacing.
    ibqdYVbSPlUsEM.gif
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hiddleston in a Bond movie - just not as Bond..... i think he could do well as a villain though... same thing with Fassbender - i believe he would make a much better Bond villain than James Bond himself.... Fassbender reminds me too much of Toby Stephens.. so my list for future Bond film actors, not in the role of Bond would be..

(in not particular order)
    Tom Hiddleston
    Michael Fassbender
    Tim Roth
    Jason Isaacs
    Kevin Spacey
    Cillian Murphy
    Viggo Mortensen
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ibqdYVbSPlUsEM.gif

That was a great moment!
    It is my belief that whoever is cast it'll have to be someone who is familiar to American audiences. Whether that be someone who is yet to have their major breakthrough or is already an established actor, it will still have to be someone the American audiences believe in. I'm sure there will be a long list of names that Sony, MGM and Danjaq already have tucked away in their top drawer and it'll probably be none of the above... Fassbender being the exception. Though I don't mind Tom Hiddleston as a possible outsider.

I have to admit that I do find the whole "black Bond" debate rather tedious as there's very little need or justification in changing such a winning formula, especially one that already has an established and built-in demographic. Would Harry Potter or Superman have benefited from a change in ethnicity just for the sake of being different or politically correct, or would it have only upset both if not all communities as superficial tokenism? There's no doubt that Idris Elbra is a talented actor, but that doesn't make him anymore suitable for 007 than say Tahar Rahim or Jimi Mistry. My point is keep Bond as he is, in honour of Fleming and 50 years of celebrated movie successes.

That's my say on the matter.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 371
    doubleoego wrote:
    ibqdYVbSPlUsEM.gif

That was a great moment!

Couldn't decide which was funnier, this or the straight left on Thor.....

hulk-punches-thor_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    That´s what I kept thinking half of the time while watching The Avengers. Although that pic of Hiddleston doesn´t have the angle to reveal the similarity.
    So the guy is in his early 30s and already acts like that? Well, then he´s got a great career ahead of him. If Eon want him they probably already screen-tested him secretly.

Those two Hulk moments had me in tears, they were so funny.

JWESTBROOK wrote:

Sorry to spoil your argument, but I love Craig as Bond. I've spent many days defending Quantum of Solace to people who fail to cherish the good things about the film.

Its just, I want a smoother Bond, one that doesn't rely so much on his physicality and brute force, but uses wit and intelligence to defeat the villains. That's why we like Connery, he could hold up in a fight, but still used other methods of taking out his baddies.

I like Tom Hiddelston because he's an amazing actor, resembles Fleming's Bond, and pulls off 'intelligence' well.
    You actually strengthened my argument, coz what I meant was, you guys disapproved DC before CR released. Now it's funny sir, that you mentioned the good things about QoS coz Craig himself has stated that he was unhappy with the direction of QoS.
    But talking about Sean Connery, even I love his work, but the thing is, he was a perfect Bond for the cold-war era. Today, there's no cold war. It's all about fighting terrorists today, and Sean Connery feels weak against a big terrorist network. So you do need a brutal and reckless Bond like DC is. Even Fleming would not root for Sean Connery or someone like him today. But still, I can imagine Hugh Jackman pulling it off as Bond.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Uh Tom Hiddleston is my vote.

MV5BMTIyNzYxNjQ4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjY1MTc1._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg
    tom+hiddleston+war+horse+eyebrows.jpg&sa=X&ei=7IepT9uzGYn-8ASQ9e3CAw&ved=0CAoQ8wc4Fw&usg=AFQjCNE9PDAd__7ehtGyBlBT2dTT2YBZAg
    tom-hiddleston-noises-off-press-night.jpg&sa=X&ei=8IepT7_iCo6e8gTry5D4Bw&ved=0CAkQ8wc4Mg&usg=AFQjCNGNr2jaTyZJlK3685z4zyyqx_RRVw

Poof
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Uh Tom Hiddleston is my vote.

MV5BMTIyNzYxNjQ4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjY1MTc1._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg
    tom+hiddleston+war+horse+eyebrows.jpg&sa=X&ei=7IepT9uzGYn-8ASQ9e3CAw&ved=0CAoQ8wc4Fw&usg=AFQjCNE9PDAd__7ehtGyBlBT2dTT2YBZAg
    tom-hiddleston-noises-off-press-night.jpg&sa=X&ei=8IepT7_iCo6e8gTry5D4Bw&ved=0CAkQ8wc4Mg&usg=AFQjCNGNr2jaTyZJlK3685z4zyyqx_RRVw

Poof

:))

My vote goes to either Micheal Fassbender (yep I've changed my mind about him), or Idris Elbra.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,082
    Jason Statham! He could have a wig and shave his beard and he would be good to go.
    He will soon be 40 years old and would likely be a tough Bond like Craig, minus the emotional drivel we have to endure. The movies would likely be more OTT and less serious, but not overloaded with comical moments.

tumblr_le1261pD5y1qbpb38o1_500.jpg

With a wig:
    FunGames-CelebsNoHair-5-600x400.jpg

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

But Loki balances between good and evil. He's brothers with Thor, and really he only stirs up trouble through jealousy of his father and his brother. Its the classic younger brother situation. Thor constantly tries to save him and stop him from doing what he does because he can see the good in Loki. In a way, Loki is supposed to be not-so-menacing.

He is, too me, just the perfect second lead or friend or whatever, but he ain't leading man material IMO - and not handsome in a classical way or - as DC - in a craggy manly way.
    Jason Statham! He could have a wig and shave his beard and he would be good to go.
    He will soon be 40 years old and would likely be a tough Bond like Craig, minus the emotional drivel we have to endure.

The dude is 44 and I don't think he would be a good Bond. I'm tempted to say he could to well as another agent, but he's too famous and would really stick out
    He will soon be 40 years old and would likely be a tough Bond like Craig, minus the emotional drivel we have to endure.

The dude is 44 and I don't think he would be a good Bond. I'm tempted to say he could to well as another agent, but he's too famous and would really stick out

Statham could've done it when he was younger. But he's a bit old now.

Ah. Then yeah I think he could do it. He's not the best actor but he's good at one liners and action.
    Damn, I found 1967 as his birthyear. Looks like we have another 'Dalton' on our hands! lol
    Actually I went back and looked harder and way more sources say 1972 than 1967 so it appears you're right- my apologies!