Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Germanlady wrote:
    Who is he? he certainly't hasn't reached Germany...

He's amazing... but not for Bond. If you can get a hold of the BBC Sherlock series watch them, don't think twice (unless you don't like Sherlock Holmes at all).
    If he didn't reach Germany yet he will sooner than later. He's in Spielberg's War Horse and later this year he's also playing Smaug in The Hobbit by the way.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Germanlady wrote:

Yeah, I've never seen that face before in my life.
    I couldn't see War Horse, because I can't watch animals being treated badly - yeah - but will try to catch him in something else.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

He's amazing... but not for Bond. If you can get a hold of the BBC Sherlock series watch them, don't think twice (unless you don't like Sherlock Holmes at all).
    If he didn't reach Germany yet he will sooner than later. He's in Spielberg's War Horse and later this year he's also playing Smaug in The Hobbit by the way.

Not forgetting the fantastic Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy or the upcoming Star Trek film.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I couldn't see War Horse, because I can't watch animals being treated badly - yeah - but will try to catch him in something else.

He is brilliant! Highly recommend him in Sherlock and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Not forgetting the fantastic Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy or the upcoming Star Trek film.

Yeah! Forgot about those, thanks!
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Agreed, he doesn't have the suave good looks to play Bond.

How often did we hear that about Craig? ;)
    Had to smile when I read a couple of the posts about Cumberbatch playing Bond. He wouldn't be my cup of tea but a couple of the posts saying he is not 'sauve' enough or he needs to put on a couple of stones. Well . . . what about the current Bond? Sauve is not an adjective that springs to mind when describing the current Bond.

If we are going to follow the current trend then I vote for Jason Statham.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Grant wrote:

Aren't we there already. :-\"
    Grant wrote:

Nobody in his right mind can compare those two...as much as you want to trash someone...try to come up with somthing more believably...Statham is pure action hero - fortunate for Bond, DC both - action hero AND actor. And don*t even start to bash me on that.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Jason has the style, but not the hair lol
    Bond's not hairless. And jason could look quite strange With hair.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Jason has the style, but not the hair lol
    Bond's not hairless. And jason could look quite strange With hair.

2006_london_003.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    Grant wrote:

Nobody in his right mind can compare those two...as much as you want to trash someone...try to come up with somthing more believably...Statham is pure action hero - fortunate for Bond, DC both - action hero AND actor. And don*t even start to bash me on that.

That's an opinion (mine to be precise), just like what you express in other threads.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Grant wrote:

That's an opinion (mine to be precise), just like what you express in other threads.

DC in CR was action hero/actor. DC in QOS was action hero, it felt more like statham or some bourne rip-off than bond. I like DC and think he's a great actor, but QOS is pure crap and the worst bond film ever. But to be fair it wasn't craigs fault.

On topic, and I know I'm repeating myself with this but still, IDRIS ELBRA FTW!!!
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 6,601
    So you really say, what JS and DC bring to the screen is of the same level? Its just, that I never thought, those two would be compared...not attacking your opinion, I am just :-O Even QOS had enough moments, that belonged to the actor and not the action hero, leave alone CR, which won him praise for acting overall.
    Comparing Jason Statham with Daniel Craig is like comparing Asti Gancia with Veuve Clicquot =))
    Daniel Craig is a far superior actor than Jason Statham.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Germanlady wrote:
    Grant wrote:

DC in CR was action hero/actor. DC in QOS was action hero, it felt more like statham or some bourne rip-off than bond. I like DC and think he's a great actor, but QOS is pure crap and the worst bond film ever. But to be fair it wasn't craigs fault.

On topic, and I know I'm repeating myself with this but still, IDRIS ELBRA FTW!!!
    Just an action hero in QoS huh? Did we watch the same film mate??

-The talk with Mathis on the plane where Bond is hammered
    -Scenes with Felix in Bolivia
    -Scene with Camille sharing his loss and the ending goodbye with her
    -Telling Camille "you only need one shot"
    -The scene in the opera house where Bond meets Greene and his boys. The scene is chillingly brilliant without any dialogue at all!!!
    -Bond breaks up the meeting at the opera house
    -The denial over Vesper("he's(Yusef) not important, and neither was she")
    -The bloody final scene with Yusef, a scene with such power you don't know what Bond will do, and not to mention the best scene of the film and one of the best of the franchise, CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!?!?!

Thanks Marvin. You always have my back. ;)
    Volante wrote:

Hardy will be an excellent Bond and Christopher Nolan will be an excellent Director for a Bond movie. This will be a dream come true for me if it happens.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Volante wrote:

Depends which films you're comparing......

Statham in Crank >>> Craig as Bond
    Craig in Layer Cake >>> everything Statham
    Craig in Munich >>> everything Statham
    Statham in Expendables >>> Craig as Bond
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 147
    Volante wrote:

Yes, considerably!
    The only movies that Statham did that was great was Snatch and The Bank Job. The rest of his movies are shyt!
    Anyone comparing Statham to Craig must be on the wrong kind of drugs.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,686
    WVPoef wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Yes, considerably!
    The only movies that Statham did that was great was Snatch and The Bank Job. The rest of his movies are shyt!

You forgot 'Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels'.

And Crank is not 'shyt'.
    Volante wrote:

Yes, considerably!
    [/quote]

You forgot 'Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels'.

And Crank is not 'shyt'.[/quote]

Yes Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels is a brilliant movie. Thanks for reminding me, going to buy the movie right now.

I'm happy that you find Crank entertaining but for me Crank is huge pile of steaming 'shyt'.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Possible Bonds in the future:
    I am still all for Sean Bean (albeit he is older now, too).
    I LOVE Liam, but again the age factor.
    Younger ... still thinking. Maybe - bear with me - in a few years of more maturing Shane West. Hmmm. I think that is a maybe yes. He reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio, and for years Leo looked too young to be taken seriously, imo. Now he's got the gravitas going on.
    Maybe Leo, yes - what do you all think?
    And don't bombard me about Shane; I think he's a real possibility.
    (runs away; expecting backlash any second).
    WVPoef wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Yes, considerably!
    The only movies that Statham did that was great was Snatch and The Bank Job. The rest of his movies are shyt!Anyone comparing Statham to Craig must be on the wrong kind of drugs.

Erm... crank??? The expendables???
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I really like Jason Statham and I enjoy his films, but Craig is a far superior actor and really fills out the role of Bond as Jason could not. They are not in the same league, but that's ok isn't it? I like both actors and their films. But Craig as Bond is fine and works well; I just do not see Jason really being Bond (much as I like him).
    I don't know who this Fassbender actor is but if the photo is anything to go by he is the first actor in years to have the Bond look. He has a determined look like Sean Connery with a sophisticated resemblance to a 1960's Chritopher Plummer. I shall look out for him in future.
    I thought everyone knew The Fass at this point. Inglorious Basterds? X-Men First Class? Soon to be released Prometheus? The dude is everywhere lately! And he would definitely be a great Bond as well
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 147
    Jason19 wrote:
    I don't know who this Fassbender actor is but if the photo is anything to go by he is the first actor in years to have the Bond look. He has a determined look like Sean Connery with a sophisticated resemblance to a 1960's Chritopher Plummer. I shall look out for him in future.

Just checked some pictures on the net of Fassbender and must say wow! He looks like Bond and he even resemble Ian Fleming's image of Bond.