Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

....How about... Rupert Penry-Jones, from spooks on BBC1 in the uk!!
    He along with Richard Armitage both have the British-ness and good presents on screen, plus good height!!! 6'+ both of them which is always a nice start!!!!? :D

French bloke -Jean Dujardin..... no way man!!? :-O
  • LudsLuds MIA
    MrEon wrote:
    He along with Richard Armitage both have the British-ness and good presents on screen, plus good height!!! 6'+ both of them which is always a nice start!!!!? :D

Well at least he looks the part... ;)

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Re OSS: I loved Cairo Nest Of Spies. Dujardin would make an interesting choice, I mean he's got the look, he just needs to work on his accent.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Luds wrote:
    If he could speak English a bit better... Jean Dujardin.

VIDEO-OSS-117-Le-Caire-nid-d-espions-Jean-Dujardin-l-espion-qu-on-aime-a-jamais_image_article_paysage_new.jpg
    I think Dujardin would make an excellent villain...though there have been many French villains of late!
  • Interesting choice! I have not seen The Artist yet (but will soon) so I have no idea about his accent- He definitely looks the part though! The thing is-- he's an Oscar winner now... so the question of 'should he' becomes 'WOULD he'?
    Luds wrote:
    MrEon wrote:

Well at least he looks the part... ;)

....We can(Could) all look the part, given a vast "Tom Ford" wardrobe and a fittness coach!!! :-(( ......?

...Ok yes he does look good, but still no way man!! :-q
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    It could be that actor that made the villain on the first 'Fantastic Four'.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

That a be Julian McMahon then!! :D
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited February 2012 Posts: 1,986
    Interesting choice! I have not seen The Artist yet (but will soon) so I have no idea about his accent- He definitely looks the part though! The thing is-- he's an Oscar winner now... so the question of 'should he' becomes 'WOULD he'?

His main issue is that his English is brutal, he barely gets by, never mind having a British accent at this point. However, look-wise, he's a perfect copy of Sean Connery, it's almost breathtaking. OSS 117 is phenomenal. I can't state enough how great this spoof is and that any Bond fan should run to get a copy.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,635
    MrEon wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

That a be Julian McMahon then!! :D

Exactly! ;D damn, i always forgot the actor names. lol
    But i always saw him as 'Hammond Litte' if 007 Racing became a movie. He has the style that Hammond would have.

Anyway, if he would enters as Bond, i'd like even more.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Interesting choice! I have not seen The Artist yet (but will soon) so I have no idea about his accent- He definitely looks the part though! The thing is-- he's an Oscar winner now... so the question of 'should he' becomes 'WOULD he'?
    Just because he has a statue doesn't make him above anyone else. In the same token those without Oscars can be better in the field of acting than those with Oscars. The statue in the hand shouldn't factor, but to many it means something to them. Don't understand why.
    Luds wrote:
    However, look-wise, he's a perfect copy of Sean Connery, it's almost breathtaking. OSS 117 is phenomenal. I can't state enough how great this spoof is and that any Bond fan should run to get a copy.

It's the ultimate spy spoof in my opinion. He looks (and maybe acts) more like Connery in the first one, than the second, but i prefer the latter. Here, he does the OSS 117-role a bit crazier, which i like.

As for who should play Bond, i can't think of anyone else but Fassbender. He can be a bit on the old side if Craig portrays Bond for 5-6 movies, but still - he would be great.
    Regardless of his age, I´d want Guy Pearce. He´s just such an amazing actor:

• I like Guy as an actor but not for Bond - he takes himself a bit too seriously, here's some classic Guy:

Haha, he looks like Mark Wahlberg half the time in that clip :)) .

I don´t think I´d mind him taking himself quite seriously. He could be a really menacing Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    boldfinger wrote:
    Regardless of his age, I´d want Guy Pearce. He´s just such an amazing actor:

He is so incredibly underrated it pains me. Memento is a brilliant showing of his talent.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes, he is a great actor. If I could pick a fellow Aussie for Bond it would definitely be him.
    Luds wrote:

His main issue is that his English is brutal, he barely gets by, never mind having a British accent at this point. However, look-wise, he's a perfect copy of Sean Connery, it's almost breathtaking. OSS 117 is phenomenal. I can't state enough how great this spoof is and that any Bond fan should run to get a copy.

Out of curiosity I gave OSS 117 a viewing. In regards to this Jean Dujardin fellow being Bond, I don't see it...at all really. Sure, he's playing a 007 inspired spy spoof, and I guess you could say he has the dark features of Connery, but that's where it stops. He's looks very French, and wouldn't be convincing as a British spy. He's not quite as handsome, nor does he have that movie-star charisma and twinkle in his eye that Connery had. I think it's his nose that really throws me off about him being Bond. Not to pick on the guy, because he is quite dapper, but he just doesn't have the looks to be Bond. A high standard has been set with past actors. He works well at what a he does: a French spy parody.

...I do like the villain idea though.
    Idris elbra
    550w_rupert_penry-jones_1.jpg

Rupert Penry-Jones
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 278
    MrEon wrote:

.....Hellooooo!!!
    As I named him earlier last week do I get a prize, ta for the pic!!!
    He has the look!?

:D
    Ah yes, congrats MrEon. Good pick, him.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Ah yes, congrats MrEon. Good pick, him.

Him and Richard Armitage, check him out too!!
    ...and my prize is!!? :-*
  • MrEon wrote:
    MrEon wrote:

.....Hellooooo!!!
    As I named him earlier last week do I get a prize, ta for the pic!!!
    He has the look!?

:D

He also did the Aston Martin brochure a few years back, he said he wanted it when he was in spooks. But for me he'll be a romantic bond in the vein of PB and I don't wan that.

He's not Dench. Connery and TD are well Dench.
  • Hello!

Past:
    Richard Burton
    Oliver Reed
    Dougray Scott
    David Keith

Future:
    Michael Fassbender
    Ryan Gosling
    Tom Hardy
    I´m still not sure if Benedict Cumberbatch would have the right face (what an arrogant thought), but in his scenes in War Horse he immediately dominated the screen. Amazing charisma that guy.
    article-1330343069595-11F03C0B000005DC-287605_466x323.jpg

I think he'd do a great job as Bond. Although, I do think he'd have to put on a stone or two in weight first. He's almost too thin at the moment.
    Agent005 wrote:
    article-1330343069595-11F03C0B000005DC-287605_466x323.jpg

I think he'd do a great job as Bond. Although, I do think he'd have to put on a stone or two in weight first. He's almost too thin at the moment.

He's better suited for Sherlock, and does it so damn well. Bond can wait until the gig at 221B is up.
    He's better suited for Sherlock, and does it so damn well. Bond can wait until the gig at 221B is up.

Agreed, he doesn't have the suave good looks to play Bond.

Who is he? he certainly't hasn't reached Germany...