Cappello gone

TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 9,117
Happy days for England fans!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457

As usual the FA act way too late but at least now we might not end up being humiliated in the summer.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Is it good? I have no idea about football but hope we get an English manager next, fancy such a thing...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Harry Redknapp will get it even though hes a mediocre manager. I agree totally that the new man should be English - trouble is Redknapp is hte best of a dismal lot. Theres only a couple of English managers in the whole premier league. Hodgson, Pardew, Big Sam, Curbishley?? None of these will have Spain exactly quaking.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 297
    Was overdue. Many feel any other guy would be better than Capello.
    I am a proud but disillusioned England fan! I am sick of hearing about "THIS IS OUR GOLDEN GENERATION"! :)) They have been saying that for atleast 20 years! They say the same old things and yet? Everytime there is a major tournament about to happen? There is always a crisis! And they deliver nothing!

It seems to me that they only turn up for there clubs and not their country! And you have no idea how much that hurts to write down and think! So i am gonna do what the players do and do the same! As most of them dont care about the proud privelidge it is to wear that shirt!
    edited February 2012 Posts: 9,117
    I agree 100% RogueAgent.

Rooney makes me sick breaking his balls to get a result for Fergie against Wigan but for England he couldnt give a flying f**k. I go into this tournament with the lowest expectations ever - however I am slightly more optimistic now that we have got rid of this mercenary coach who has proved he cant manage England at a tournament.

One of the most important things for the new guy is to bin John Terry. He is a cancer in the dressing room. It was down to his attempted coup that the world cup was such a disaster and its him once again that has led us to where we are now.
    It is obvious Rio is uncomfortable to play with him and by all accounts at the last england camp all the black players blanked him. And whoever the new captain is he will try to undermine because he believes that it should be his job.

'Mr England' - only as far as it promotes John Terry.
  • I can't see anything in Harry's record that would even suggest he'd make a top class international manager, but would have to agree, if we go with an Englishman, what other realistic choice is there?
  • I agree 100% RogueAgent.

One of the most important things for the new guy is to bin John Terry. He is a cancer in the dressing room. It was down to his attempted coup that the world cup was such a disaster and its him once again that has led us to where we are now.
    It is obvious Rio is uncomfortable to play with him and by all accounts at the last england camp all the black players blanked him. And whoever the new captain is he will try to undermine because he believes that it should be his job.

Couldn't agree more!
    I agree 100% RogueAgent.

Rooney makes me sick breaking his balls to get a result for Fergie against Wigan but for England he couldnt give a flyinf f**k. I go into this tournament with the lowest expectations ever - however I am slightly more optimistic now that we have got rid of this mercenary coach who has proved he cant manage England at a tournament.

It's a sad state of affairs. I have no expectations for the tournament! I am more excited about Skyfall as atleast i know that everyone involved cares about what they are doing and will give there best! More than can be said for the England team! Good call on Rooney by the way! Always makes me laugh when there is a friendly and all the BIG clubs players are unavailable due to strains of one kind or another?! Yet amazingly recovered a day or two later for a club match!
    I can't see anything in Harry's record that would even suggest he'd make a top class international manager, but would have to agree, if we go with an Englishman, what other realistic choice is there?

Absolutely. I would love an Englishman to take charge but is a dodgy Del Boy impersonator really all we've got?

Shameful.
    Speaking of football, the one thing I don't like about Dan Craig is he's a Liverpool fan! :-L
    We all have our crosses to bare! I am a Norwich City fan! :D Have to say that i have been really spoilt over the last 2 and half seasons! Lambert has been a modern day miracle worker with the players we have.

All i will say is if we manage to stay up? Surely Lambert will get nominated for Manager of the season or year or something? Back to back promotions and Premier League survival! Don't want someone who has BOUGHT the league getting it!
    Lambert, Rodgers or Pardew for manager of the season. Although if Harry goes and wins the Euros it could be him!

Never going to happen of course.
    LOL!!!! It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the Euro's?
    I think Capello was looking for a way out since he saw no future training the current England squad. John Terry gave him that option.
  • I bet Capello couldn`t wait to leave that gang of talentless, egocentric scum. What kind of world do we live in when some one like Terry can become a captain of ANYTHING???????
    Good on you Capello, get out, Engaland doesn`t deserve you.
    Wise words Shoreline. You might have unconventional views on OHMSS but youre spot on there.
    I'd bin all the current big time charlies and make up a squad of Championship players who actually care for the shirt.
  • Well, it`s nice we agree on something, at least....
    England hasn`t had a "team" for a very long time...I actually don`t care much for football, but have developed a fascination with how pathetic the England squad have been fot the last few years.
    John Terry for me symbolises all the worst things about modern football. You'll struggle to find a more selfish, contemptible person. Its scandalous hes anywhere nearthe England team let alone the captain. Billy Wright and Bobby Moore must be turning in their graves.
  • RC7RC7
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Speaking of football, the one thing I don't like about Dan Craig is he's a Liverpool fan! :-L
    I'm with you there mate!

Regards Capello I find it decidedly appalling that his resignation comes in the wake of a race row. Whether he felt it undermined his authority or not it looks very much like he has taken the current situation very lightly indeed. Whether Terry is guilty or not one thing is undeniably obvious, he is a despicable egotist who brings shame on a proud nation. A racist and a scum bag.
  • John Terry for me symbolises all the worst things about modern football. You'll struggle to find a more selfish, contemptible person. Its scandalous hes anywhere nearthe England team let alone the captain. Billy Wright and Bobby Moore must be turning in their graves.
    You may have unconventional views on OHMSS, but you are spot on here!!

:)>-
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 12,837
    RC7 wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I'm with you there mate!

Regards Capello I find it decidedly appalling that his resignation comes in the wake of a race row. Whether he felt it undermined his authority or not it looks very much like he has taken the current situation very lightly indeed. Whether Terry is guilty or not one thing is undeniably obvious, he is a despicable egotist who brings shame on a proud nation. A racist and a scum bag.

Craigs a liverpool fan???? never knew. And I agree on everything you said about terry. I'm really glad he's not captain now, and I hope whoever takes over boots him.

I was actually pretty suprised capello resigned though. But I'm also glad.
  • John Terry for me symbolises all the worst things about modern football. You'll struggle to find a more selfish, contemptible person. Its scandalous hes anywhere nearthe England team let alone the captain. Billy Wright and Bobby Moore must be turning in their graves.

Actually, John Terry symbolises all the worst things about modern England.

RC7 wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I'm with you there mate!

Do I detect the sound of Utd scum hereabouts? YNWA Daniel.
    Shoreline wrote:
    You may have unconventional views on OHMSS, but you are spot on here!!

I think you'll find my view that OHMSS is genius and DADs a pile of sh*te is pretty standard to be fair.
  • Yes, your view on OHMSS and DAD is a pile of sh*te, I`d agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RC7RC7
    YNWA Daniel.

The cloying mawkish nostalgia. Yuck.
    Shoreline wrote:
    Yes, your view on OHMSS and DAD is a pile of sh*te, I`d agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 297
    So who else to manage the team? Not that many native names doing above average. Shouldn't we consider another foreigner, maybe this time a good one?
    Kennon wrote:
    So who else to manage the team? Not that many native names doing above average. Shouldn't we consider another foreigner, maybe this time a good one?
    Jose Mourinho
    :-bd
    Yeah, Sun and Mail will have a day. Bound to drive us into war with Germany. I'd have hired Rijkaard when he was available.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Is it good? I have no idea about football but hope we get an English manager next, fancy such a thing...

We had one before and he was useless.

Any way, yes it would be good to have Harry.