Wanting Bond to fail ? Wanting the villain to win ?...Moments you felt "Anti 007".

edited January 2017 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
Have you,at any time,during any Bond film,wanted Bond to lose a particular fight,or duel,or verbal sparring contest ?
Maybe fail in an escape or rescue or romance ?

Have you ever found yourself warming to a particular villain or henchman,and guiltily feeling that you want them to best Bond,to wipe that smug smile and arrogant swagger from him ? (as Gustav Graves once said ).

Then now is the time to open up and confess your guilt...to free yourself from the time you went Anti-Bond.

Personally for me,the latest one is one I have already mentioned on here,and even created a thread about it : Bond shooting down Blofeld's helicopter and all that followed afterwards in SP.
I really wanted to wipe that smugness from Bond and hoped Blofeld would have the last laugh....but it didn't even come close to it.

Oh and part of me wanted the DB5,with smug Bond and Madeline in it,to blow up as it drove off - didn't happen.

Anybody else have any moments ? Be brave and confess now he he ;)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I wanted Vesper to wake up in the morning going to the bathroom to join Craigbond in the shower only to find Brosnanbond in there.
    A bit confused she said: Oh James, I had the strangest dream, a nightmare really...oh thanks that wasn't real.

Didn't happen....sadly.
    Hahaha at least it wasn't Daltonbond....he would still have Kara Milovy hanging around him like a demented superfan....stupid cow.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Generally I've always wanted the villain to win, as I'm basically an evil
    super villain myself.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Interesting idea for a thread!

Well they say that during TMWTGG that some fans/general viewers are egging Chris Lee's Scaramanga on so that is probably the closest I would have come to this 'Anti-Bond' phenomenon you speak of, Barry. Scaramanga is also one of the nicest and most hospitable villains in the Bond film series too, mind, and that certainly helps.
    Thanks Dragon !

I totally agree with that about Scaramanga,he had class and sophistication (as did Sir Christopher Lee himself of course).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I sort of wanted Silva to get away with killing M in SF. I was never a fan of Judi's motherly figure (although strangely I miss her now after SP). I was upset when Bond knifed him just before he blew them both away with a dual temple shot.
    I have to say I was rooting for Scaramanga as Bond was such a swinging dick in TMTWGG

I liked Silva too. He was actually a villain that one could muster sympathy for. I did not care for his killing of Severine but aside from that, I actually liked him.
    The only villain I actually wanted to live longer or survive is Kamal Khan.
    The only villain I actually wanted to live longer or survive is Kamal Khan.

Yes, he's so smooth and expertly played by the late great Louis Jourdan.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I really wouldn t mind if Carver had wasted Bond.
    I really wouldn t mind if Carver had wasted Bond.

Is that just because you hate Brosnan Bond in general? :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brosnan Bond is uncharming to say the least, and especially in that film.

It's basically one non-stop action film with little else thrown in.

Dragonpol wrote: »

It's basically one non-stop action film with little else thrown in.

As is QOS, but TND at least feels like a Bond film.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Interesting thread. I have never wanted the baddie to win but from Q0S onwards I didn't really care either way.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,416
    That the DB5 be destroyd in Skyfall whas great. In first place i whas very disapointed to see re-produced in Spectre.

I like QOS. That he is dying/deprest. M not be saved in Skyfall and with results of Spectre i wish Silva escaped and then return. I also play with idea Jeffrey Dean Morgan wil pop up as Silva Brother. At the time of Spectre release i thaught and hoped M will lose from C and then Clair Dowar be follow up, only to see people comment how fast he be replaced by another woman.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    M_Balje wrote: »
    That the DB5 be destroyd in Skyfall whas great. In first place i whas very disapointed to see re-produced in Spectre.

I like QOS. That he is dying/deprest. M not be saved in Skyfall and with results of Spectre i wish Silva escaped and then return. I also play with idea Jeffrey Dean Morgan wil pop up as Silva Brother. At the time of Spectre release i thaught and hoped M will lose from C and then Clair Dowar be follow up, only to see people comment how fast he be replaced by another woman.
    I always get these two mixed up!
    bZw6yEo.jpg

Don't give Mendes, Babs and Craig any ideas. First we had the Austin Powers Goldmember twist and next we'll have the Die Hard 3 homage!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Negan would make a great Bond villlain. ;)
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan is great and he can actually act without turning into a total caricature like Bardem does.

I wish they had cast him for Skyfall. Just the thought of it...damn. What a missed opportunity.
  • In some ways I feel Bond is the villain in LTK... Probably the only one where I might be rooting for the villain.
    Dalton is badass in LTK, more than the other 5 combined.

How he lights up Sanchez at the end is one of the most awesome kills ever in the history of film.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    In some ways I feel Bond is the villain in LTK... Probably the only one where I might be rooting for the villain.
    I wouldn't say that I'm rooting for the villain (Sanchez is quite a bastard), but instead maybe that MI6 won't take him back so easily.
    The villains in LTK all got what they deserved, quite gruesome death all three of them and rightfully so, and it's a great pleasure to see that.

DALTON IS BADASS MAN he know how to dispose of the baddies. Craig is a wuss compared to that.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited January 2017 Posts: 5,131
    I like Largo he suave, rich and cool. I also think Sanchez has style, charisma and excellent taste in women.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    IMO Sanchez was one of the best villains - Ranking alongside Telly Savalas' Blofeld and Goldfinger. I did rather like Christopher Walken's Zorin also.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Never has there been a moment I wanted the villain to win. But, I did sympathize with Alec sometimes somewhat along the lines.
    I found the way Craigbond walks up the hotel stairs in the SP PTS shaking his arse all over the place rather uncomfortable..i actually hated Bond at that moment,no other Bond did that,to that excess.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,985
    I was sort of hoping Dalton was going to drop in that cocaine grinding machine in LTK.

A. To see the gory result. and B. So I no longer had to hear the crap accent he was using in that film
  • pachazo wrote: »
    In some ways I feel Bond is the villain in LTK... Probably the only one where I might be rooting for the villain.
    I wouldn't say that I'm rooting for the villain (Sanchez is quite a bastard), but instead maybe that MI6 won't take him back so easily.

He is a bastard, but rather a smooth and likeable one.
    I was sort of hoping Dalton was going to drop in that cocaine grinding machine in LTK.

A. To see the gory result. and B. So I no longer had to hear the crap accent he was using in that film

So so true @LeanardPine ...well said...I like LTK but not because of Dalton..he was saved by a great supporting cast and villains in Sanchez,Trueman-Lodge,Heller,Dario,Krest etc...