Ian Fleming to appear as a fictitious secret agent in 'TIMELESS'

ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
edited October 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,423
It appears the creator of our beloved character and franchise gets yet another portrayal of himself dragged into a fictitious story as he teams up with the protagonists and time travellers of the television series Timeless to stop an atomic weapon from falling into the wrong hands.

Highly fictionalized, Sean Maguire plays Ian Fleming as a cunning MI-6 agent version of himself as he goes undercover to infiltrate a Nazi compound...

Full report here:
http://tvline.com/2016/10/23/sean-maguire-timeless-once-upon-a-time/

62e78ff94b467747_NUP_175236_0201.JPG

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Have you watched Timeless, @ClarkDevlin? Highly recommended!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not yet, @PropertyOfALady. But, this one definitely got me interested. Should I see the preceding three episodes before I get to this one?
    Yeah, you're gonna want to. It's a new time period every week, but there is an overarching story. Did you get my message, by the way? I know for some reason it seems to get glitchy sometimes.
    Yes, I did. And I am onto it as we speak.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,675
    Dates and locations visited so far:

May 6, 1937 - Lakehurst, NJ - Hindenburg disaster
    April 14, 1865 - Washington DC - Abraham Lincoln assassination
    September 21, 1962 - Las Vegas, NV - Fundraiser with the Rat Pack and JFK
    December 7, 1944 - Schloß Varlar, Rosendahl, Germany - V2 rocket test
  • I caught episode 2, sorry I missed 1 & 3. I know viewing times will vary according to your location, but what day does this series air again?
    Mondays.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sounds interesting. I'd like to see this episode/series some time.
    I'm assuming it'll be like Jason Connery's Ian Fleming "biography" (quotation marks are intentional) with sci-fi injected into it.
    I'm assuming it'll be like Jason Connery's Ian Fleming "biography" (quotation marks are intentional) with sci-fi injected into it.

Yes, not too much hard fact there. Best not to let it get in the way of the story!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, not too much hard fact there. Best not to let it get in the way of the story!
    Precisely, @Dragonpol. But, I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Yes, it was OK. I've seen it a few times myself. I used to have it on video. Not seen it in years though!
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423

Yes, it was OK. I've seen it a few times myself. I used to have it on video. Not seen it in years though!
    Loved how the hat trick and some of the Bond film "pastiches" were used in the film. And I especially loved Kristin Scott Thomas in there who played a mixture of Muriel Wright, Lady Anne and Vesper Lynd in it.

The raid on the Nazi compound was actually very good, too.

Loved how the hat trick and some of the Bond film "pastiches" were used in the film. And I especially loved Kristin Scott Thomas in there who played a mixture of Muriel Wright, Lady Anne and Vesper Lynd in it.

The hat trick? I can't recall that but it's been too long since I law saw it. Is it available on DVD I wonder?

The hat trick? I can't recall that but it's been too long since I law saw it. Is it available on DVD I wonder?
    I also watched it on a video tape a friend of mine recorded for me. Don't believe it's available on DVD. But, yes, the hat trick was performed by one of the secretaries at Reuters who throws Fleming's fedora onto the hat rack whenever he comes by to the office.

I also watched it on a video tape a friend of mine recorded for me. Don't believe it's available on DVD. But, yes, the hat trick was performed by one of the secretaries at Reuters who throws Fleming's fedora onto the hat rack whenever he comes by to the office.

Oh yes! For some reason I was thinking of football there! :))

Good Lord! At what connection? :))

The hat trick. :))

The hat trick. :))
    Perhaps Fleming did throw the hat three consecutive times and got them right on the hook! :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The show has the wonderful, beautiful Abigail Spencer, who starred as DC's wife in CaA.

Spencer is also known for a couple of personal "sex tape" videos she made that got released after the Apple hack. I have seen them and in both cases, I couldn't watch the whole thing. Too personal. I feel awful for her and I don't know how she has kept her head up and continued moving her career forward. TBH, if such a video of me ever got released, I'd contemplate suicide.
    Now now... Let's not derail the thread, shall we? :))

That conversation should really to moved to the Football thread! :))

We still have two more years for the World Cup. :))

We still have two more years for the World Cup. :))

The irony of it all is that I hate football! :))
    :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Would you like to have me tell you the good bits of the episode? (Of which there are many.)
    Chaps, it appears there is a James Bond film starring Sean Connery that came out in 1964 we haven't seen... :))

WEAPON OF CHOICE?! :))

At least, they could've come up with a better title.

c0TKCbp.jpg
    What did you think of the episode?
    Loved it! :D

Although, I still need to see the previous episodes to get the subplot of whatever was taking place... or why was Lucy traumatized for instance and whatever the hell was going on with Rufus.