The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

edited March 2019 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
I must say,that in my first ,and possibly last Dalton double...(its a bank holiday here in GB so im doing this)i think he delivers the 'Bond,James Bond line really well....and then cocks the final line up (unlike the trailer)...ok...on we go...i know i will love LTK later so i will persevere !!
TLD is still in my bottom 3...im willing it to be more ,but long standing members like DD and Benster and Nackers know i cant seem to cross that bridge..!!!!

Comments

• edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Hmm..Dalton is looking lightweight n nervous...its following what i dont want TLD to be...once again..
    But he looks like Bond ,totally,how he would be in film and books...
    Damn the Blayden safehouse scene is good,as @birdleson says...it really upsets me being a Brit...but it is damn good...TLD is rising here...i think its an older Bond fan film .....so far i'm quite surprised ,pleasantly,and with TD,he is changing,in confidence,becoming the novel Bond rather than the film one though,if that makes any sense..

And as for John Barry's soundtrack...when did he ever let us down....beautiful score.
    Nah ,im losing interest again...this happens everytime with TLD...it wont be the same with LTK next up...long way to go still though in this one....i think a simple Bond villain would do it...this script would have made a good Bond novel rather than a film....anyway lets see...
    TBH its all glitz and glamour and they have arrived in Austria but Dalton has done Jack shit,the whole film has done jack shit...
    I must admit that Saunders death at the fair and Bond confronting Pushkin are 100% Bond ,book and film...this is where Dalton beats all other Bonds......oh shit John Terry alert...
    I've got that to come @birdleson....looking forward to LTK....TLD is a hard slog and is actually starting to kill my Saturday bank holiday vibe if im honest..its a book instead of a film...ok time for Bond to be drugged... I dont do double bills or marathons ,and the way tonight is going i wont do it again....i know what is to come and at least DAD was entertaining....
    Thats where i am now @birdleson........i keep looking at the LTK DVD ...i only turn off DAD at the climax.....i dont know tbh if i can take much more..
    Nope ..i give up...TLD turned off at the scouse accented jailor....i tried @darthdimi @benny ...now for LTK thank God....
    LTK off and running...now THIS is Bond...
    LTK is awesome.....i love this film....Bond is about to kick Krest's arse.....
    aaah that is a brilliant point @birdleson....but Zerbe does him justice.....this is so much better than TLD...:LTK is so in my top 6 Bond films ,its just needs a pipe and slippers,its going nowhere...Dalton IS James Bond in this film...
    double post

Dalton's stupid accent is getting on ones wick....he is Welsh not from Lancashire...and i think my Special Edition DVD's cant keep up with modern TV...its not clear...

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    TLD perhaps gets disengaging towards the end like most Bond films, however it has many excellent moments throughout including the end fight on the plane. Pushkins scenes, safehouse, car chase, etc so many fantastic scenes which make it my no 1 Bond film.

LTK has good pacing but does have a cheap feel to it. Tanker chase is a highlight. No Barry score is obviously a downer but doesn't distract as much as other non Barry entries

I have a fondness for both but while TLD is 1, LTK is in the middle only because it doesn't feel like a Bond film like the higher ranked ones do
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I've got that to come @birdleson....looking forward to LTK....TLD is a hard slog and is actually starting to kill my Saturday bank holiday vibe if im honest..its a book instead of a film...ok time for Bond to be drugged... I dont do double bills or marathons ,and the way tonight is going i wont do it again....i know what is to come and at least DAD was entertaining....

Jesus. The DAD love continues unabated. Now we've got people who prefer it to TLD.

Is there some sort of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' scenario going on here where people are being turned one by one into DAD fans? Head for the hills people in case you are next!
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 11,189

Dalton's stupid accent is getting on ones wick....he is Welsh not from Lancashire...and i think my Special Edition DVD's cant keep up with modern TV...its not clear...

I have noticed that Dalt's pronunciation of "fast" is different in LTK than TLD

TLD: "we're losing fuel,farst"
    LTK: "hospital! Intensive care where you'll be if you don't get out of here faast"

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    BAIN123 wrote: »

LTK: "hospital! Intensive care where you'll be if you don't get out of here faast"

His accent in LTK is awful and quite puzzling.

It's completely different to how he spoke in TLD.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 11,189

I agree his accent fluctuates in LTK.
    It's not as bad as this one :))
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

giphy.gif

Jesus. The DAD love continues unabated. Now we've got people who prefer it to TLD.

Is there some sort of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' scenario going on here where people are being turned one by one into DAD fans? Head for the hills people in case you are next!

Hahaha that made me genuinely laugh ,Wizard,nice one .

Bloody hell ,is this a deleted scene from TLD ??!!
    Bond and Kara...its about the only slushy shit it didnt have in it...

I wont be 'commenting while i watch' during a Bond flick today...im still laid up and not well after watching 3/4 of TLD,but im sure one of you lovely members will be commenting.....

Good grief that's painful! Not sure what's worse, he's singing or Mae West's acting....

Wish I could unsee that...!
    Worse than that @leonardPine i actually caught myself out humming the bloody thing about 10mins later !!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Hahaha that made me genuinely laugh ,Wizard,nice one .

I'd love to say I'm laughing with you mate.

But I'd be lying.
    Worse than that @leonardPine i actually caught myself out humming the bloody thing about 10mins later !!

Ouch!

I wouldn't mind it's usually a pretty good Neil Sedaka tune!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I would pay good money to hear @barryt007's version of "Calendar Girl," even sans lyrics.
    I would pay good money to hear @barryt007's version of "Calendar Girl," even sans lyrics.

Oooh...listen @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 You earned that money..to take it from you AND sing is a crime...you should hear my version of Robert Palmer's 'Addicted to Love',that i have sung on a pub table in my time,pissed as a fart (no lie)....painful.......

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883

Good grief that's painful! Not sure what's worse, he's singing or Mae West's acting....

Wish I could unsee that...!
    Ugh! This is almost as uncomfortable to watch as these two cringe inducers. If I have one wish, it's that Craig doesn't follow his two immediate predecessors on the singing tour post-Bond. Have some dignity FFS.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You sang "Addicted to Love" hammered on a pub table?

You are a legend, @barryt007. It's a shame we're speaking only on a forum and not in person, for if it was the latter I'd be kneeling before you like the apostles before Jesus.
    You sang "Addicted to Love" hammered on a pub table?

You are a legend, @barryt007. It's a shame we're speaking only on a forum and not in person, for if it was the latter I'd be kneeling before you like the apostles before Jesus.

Well i was told to get down from one table as it had one leg shorter but didnt ,and fell arse over tit onto a blonde gal and took out her and her friends table and drinks,but if you cant fall on a blonde and end up with your face in her tits when you were younger then u havent lived !!!