Oldest living Bond film actor?

TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
edited May 2014 in Actors Posts: 2,667
The recent mentions of Christopher Lee turning 92 made me think he must be the oldest living actor to have appeared in Bond film. However, some digging around reveals that Clifton James (JW Pepper) turns 93 tomorrow, his date of birth being 29th May 1921.

Is there an older living Bond film actor or does he hold the current record?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,350
    @Samuel001 hahaha living not dead !!
    Louis Jourdan is also 93 this year so he and James hold that record.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Louis Jourdan - 19th June 1921, so slightly younger than Clifton James
    Earl Cameron, who played Pinder in TB, was born 8th August 1917, making him 96 not out. That will take some beating!
    Funny how I share the same birthday as Clifton James. I'm a touch younger, though...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I am thinking Earl Cameron will take this cake. Still kicking at 96. I don't think that can be beat ...

Nice to read of three others in their 90's, too. And such different, and memorable, characters they portrayed (Christopher, Louis and Clifton).
    I don't know of any actor from any Bond film who even reached the age of 96 or older before dying, which would mean Earl Cameron is not only still alive but has the longest lifespan of any of them!

Did any actor from the series live to an older age than he has?
    There are others related to the Bond world, but not actors in the films, no.
    Which reminds me, I wouldn't have mind seeing Pinder more in subsequent movies. Not that he did much, but it would have given a bit of continuity to the series.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,416
    What about Earl Cameron asking back for Bond 24 playing Felix father.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote:
    What about Earl Cameron asking back for Bond 24 playing Felix father.

Your obsession with family ties fascinates me, dear @M_Balje. What would Lecter say?
    Yes, I mean, can't the guy enjoy his retirement?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    haha There's nothing wrong with being a family man, right @M_Balje? ;)

Ernst: "M never told you what happened to your father."
    Bond: "He told me enough! He told me he died in a mountain climbing accident!"
    Ernst: "No. I am your father."
    Bond: "You leave me shaken AND stirred!"
    Well, he is not the oldest. But at nearly 87 years of age and doing 12 "Evenings With Sir Roger Moore" in the span of 3 weeks all around the U.K., is there a harder working elder Bond actor, than Sir Roger Moore?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ellis wrote:
    Well, he is not the oldest. But at nearly 87 years of age and doing 12 "Evenings With Sir Roger Moore" in the span of 3 weeks all around the U.K., is there a harder working elder Bond actor, than Sir Roger Moore?

Or a better ambassador for all things Bond either?
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    Louis Jourdan - 19th June 1921, so slightly younger than Clifton James
    So Jourdan was 62 when OP was released. He was a fit and dapper 62 I must say. We should all look that good at that age.

Who will be the longest living Bond? I think Moore will be, since he's so chill and laid back. I have a feeling Connery will be the first to die and it will happen within a few years. He's looking pretty frail these days. I hope it's peaceful for him. #-o
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Who will be the longest living Bond? I think Moore will be, since he's so chill and laid back. I have a feeling Connery will be the first to die and it will happen within a few years. He's looking pretty frail these days. I hope it's peaceful for him. #-o

Well you are @The_Reaper so I accept this as grim fact. >:)
    It comes for us all... Carpe Diem, my friends. 8-X
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I think the time where we could have gotten all six of them together in a photo has passed. I wanted that badly.

Blame Sean Connery for that one. :(
  • I bet you if Sean dies first, there will be a photo of the other 5 around his grave...
    Either way I'll be extremely sad when each of them dies :(

... And Memento Mori.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    ... And Memento Mori.

Ah. Never heard of that one. Thanks.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I believe it s still Earl Cameron at 99.
  • good thread but most of them had tiny roles in one movie...Moore is the oldest real bond film actor, 90 this year.
    Earl Cameron turns 100 today and is still, by some distance, the oldest person living person ever to appear in a Bond film.

I don't believe any Bond film actor either living or dead has made it to 100 before. Quite an achievement!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,009
    I'm slowly watching TB and commenting it in this very board, and he already looked middle-aged and with graying hair in 1965. And he still says he's for hire!

What a guy! Steely old fella: Congrats, gramps!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Congrats Earl!