What Types of Music/Songs/Artists Would Bond Listen To?

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited October 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
I thinks Bond would have a lot of 40s, 50s and 60s music. Therefore I'd expect to see a lot of Jazz, and some great Frank Sinatra. I also expect him then to have the song "Call Me Irresponsible", ironically enough. Bond is a very suave and exciting man, and I think the music he chooses match his personality

Comments

John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, etc.
  • The beatles ;)
    He would have classic rock, particularly Foreigner, Van Halen, and Rush!!!!!
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Depends on the bond
  • CatCat
    edited July 2011 Posts: 25
    The James Bond character happens to have 'Elite' taste on everything. So when it comes to music, I would say he would listen to practically all genres and 'Elite Artists' with golden voice like Roxy, Bowie, Queen, Bon Jovi, Tom Jones, Adam Lambert and too many to mention.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Barry White and I strongly agree with Tom Jones. Bond would get a kick of listening to the Thunderball tune to his own film.
    Does Bond look like he give a damn? I don't think he would have any particular music taste at all. He doesn't care for music nor for anything that intellectual... He listened jazz on radio (TLD) but only for boredom.
  • CatCat
    Does Bond look like he give a damn? I don't think he would have any particular music taste at all. He doesn't care for music nor for anything that intellectual... He listened jazz on radio (TLD) but only for boredom.

The James Bond 'character' has capabilities to have deep emotions and love. The character seems to be romantic and MUSIC usually goes with romance. In my opinion, the character would have variety of music in his iPOD.

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Again, I have to disagree... I think, with all due respect, that you're thinking as James Bond fans, not as James Bond. If he went to a concert, it will be to meet a girl or to do a job. He have never expressed (in my narrow knowledge) any particular music interest.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Connery/Bond would listen to Bethoven
    Lazenby/Bond would listen to The Doors
    Moore/Bond would listen to Ella Fitzgerald
    Dalton/Bond would listen to Tchaikovsky
    Brosnan/Bond would listen to The Bog Men
    Criag/Bond would listen to Joni Mitchell
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ella Fitzgerald and John Coltrane? Beautiful.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Pointless discussion. Ian Flemings James Bond would categorically not own an I-pod.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well this is 21st century. Even the Queen has a friggin' iPod.
  • I'd like to imagine Bond listening to Guns n Roses, Rush, Stone Roses, Oasis, Nirvarna, Foo Fighters, and a few more of my favourite bands.

But he probably just listens to old music or maybe he just doesn't like music at all?
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    1.James Bond soundtracks
    2.House Music
    3.Jazz (Mainly Paul Hardcastle)
    4.Kem
    5.Hewy Lewis & The News
    6.Rock
  • I fell off the radar and found that my topic on Bond's music choices was closed and referred to this thread. That being said I will pick up where I left off.
    Each Bond I feel would probably listen to something different. I'd suggest that Connery, Lazenby and Moore's Bond would be jazz aficionado's. Fitting with their suave demeanor, I sense that Connery's Bond would like lounge jazz, e.g Nelson Riddle; Lazenby's Bond perhaps a more hip US-West Coast style seeing as he seemed a little more in tune with the era while Moore's Bond might like a smooth jazz.
    Dalton's Bond, while refusing Moneypenny's offer to listen to Barry Manilow, I feel would like a similar more nu wave type jazz or nu wave music of the mid-80's. Brosnan's Bond I don't think cares much for music while Craig's Bond would definitely like a heavy metal/hardcore rock sound. It seems to fit his mood.
    As a whole it seems that all of the Bond's prefer classical music to some varying degree.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
  • Pointless discussion. Ian Flemings James Bond would categorically not own an I-pod.

@OBrady- sorry bro, no offense intended but judging by the responses, if there is a "dumbest thread" category or something like it, I'd say this one should be nominated.

Let's make this "what would Bond own on vinyl" or something then.

Well, we know he'd have no Beatles music.

The Living Daylights shows he's a fan of classical/romantics and opera. I would assume he'd have some Tchaikovsky and maybe some Brahms, Schumann, and of course,
    Beethoven and Mozart.

He seems to be a fan of his own theme song, as Octopussy shows.

I would think he'd have most of the Bond themes. Instead of listing them, here's the ones he WOULDN'T have: LALD, FYEO, ATH, AVTAK, TLD (debatable), LTK, GE, TND, TWINE, DAD, ADTD.

I take him as a jazz fan as well. Perhaps even some blues. I'm skeptical about him being a rock fan, though. I imagine he'd have very little with electric guitars and drum kits in it.
    Or maybe Leonard Cohen ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Pointless discussion. Ian Flemings James Bond would categorically not own an I-pod.

@OBrady- sorry bro, no offense intended but judging by the responses, if there is a "dumbest thread" category or something like it, I'd say this one should be nominated.

Why? Because some people can't understand that I wasn't referring to Fleming's Bond, and just Bond in general? You could pick the kind of music you think he would like from any Bond era or time, there is no fixed decade or version of 007 we are examining here. I think there have been plenty of great responses myself.
  • 4′33″ - John Cage
  • All things considered, I doubt Bond is much of a music lover. Maybe he'll listen to some classical or jazz music. I don't see him liking much of anything modern or with lyrics.

Although I must confess, the image of Bond driving around blasting Metallica or Eminem is kind of amusing.
  • I can't help, but when I imagine what music Craig's Bond would listen to, it's the music he's mentioned in interviews that he grew up with as teenager. Roxy, Stones, Bowie etc.
    Craig Bond would listen to The Cure, Genesis, FYC and Lisa Stansfield,
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 97
    Fleming Bond would probably listen to classical and jazz like what above poster said.

Assuming he was born in 1968, Modern cinematic Bond should listen to the classics (Mozart and Beethoven), 80s jazz (Kenny G hehehe) and fine rockers such as Led Zep and Metallica, I guess.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It would really depend on the Bond and the era. The literary Fleming Bond, the Moore years' Bond, etc.
    With Craig, I still hope it would include, "London Calling."
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What we do know is that 007 finds the James Bond theme a "charming tune", when played on a <a href="http://screenmusings.org/Octopussy/pages/Oct_168.htm">pungi</a>.
  • Bond have a real positive upbeat outlook on life (except Dalton and Craig I must admit here). So it makes great sense to me that he listen to some real feel good music. the Hollies, Paul McCartney and Wings, ELO, Billy Ocean, etc. This is the Roger Moore I'm talking about here. But he not invent an ipod yet. Maybe a tape walkman lol. Or ask Q to cook one up in the lab. :)

Pierce is an actor full of life now. He of the 90s man, so he listen to more 90s feelgood tracks like Babylon Zoo "Space Man". Upbeat but also with a bit of class.

What a community we have here at M16. Another wining topic for discussion, got some good responses from the great community so far.