1st look at Kincaid

edited November 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,548
Just glimpsed the latest on set video and got to see Albert Finney at long last! Cant wait to see the what his character's connection is to Bond's family! No doubt some sad git will shut this thread down now but who cares I,m happy!

Comments

• SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I love Albert Finney. Scrooge, Corpse Bride, now Skyfall! Tots Amaze!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    We don't need a new thread now, do we?
    No, we don't - as most of the time, but..
    ..my daughter at 17 loved the old man and was dead scared, he would die. ;)

Interesting even, that another teenager, wept for M. She is most likely their first M, so it makes sense, they are sad seeing her go. But its fascinating for me, that those old characters can have an impact on so young..
  • O6GO6G
    When kincaid drops the shotgun shells and looks terrified. man, brilliant acting. Hes the typical character you get attached to, eventhough he had little screen time, and then dies.
  • He didn't die !!!!!????
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    He didn't. He stood there, taking of his hat when Bond closed M's eyes.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Loved Kincade, despite the short time he was on screen he was brilliant every second of it.
    hope he returns
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Sandy wrote:
    Loved Kincade, despite the short time he was on screen he was brilliant every second of it.

Brought a natural warmth to the climactic scene. M needed someone of her own age to balance the yahoo traits of Bond and Pamela Anderson in the chapel.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I thought he just figured Bond said "Emma" instead of "M", and M being fine with it.
  • It was a good little cameo but I would want him as a regular feature, it would end up like the butler / batman relationship.
    as of Michael Cane?
  • He was a great character, he had the funniest lines in the film imo.

In a way I think he was underused but I'm not sure how they could use him anymore.

Same with him returning really. I'd like to see him back but there's not really any way of doing it is there? Maybe have him pop up in the odd film when Bond is off duty.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I were him though. Years of living a peaceful life then somebody you haven't seen for years shows up and basically says "hi, we're just going to use this house I haven't lived in for ages as the setting for a showdown with a crazy gay guy who wants to kill this old woman" And then his house is destroyed.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 198
    He was a great character, he had the funniest lines in the film imo.

In a way I think he was underused but I'm not sure how they could use him anymore.

Same with him returning really. I'd like to see him back but there's not really any way of doing it is there? Maybe have him pop up in the odd film when Bond is off duty.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I were him though. Years of living a peaceful life then somebody you haven't seen for years shows up and basically says "hi, we're just going to use this house I haven't lived in for ages as the setting for a showdown with a crazy gay guy who wants to kill this old woman" And then his house is destroyed.
    After Bond's assumed death a lot of his belongings in his house Skyfall were sold, and I got the idea that Kincaid did not cared that much about the destroying of Skyfall.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    He was a great character, he had the funniest lines in the film imo.

Me too, laughed out loud both times I saw the film, as did just about everyone in the cinema. Little screen time but boy does he make his mark, just shows what a class act he is. Brilliant.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Was it only due to the German dubbing, or did he call M "Emma"? Brilliant joke... B-)
    No, I heard it in both versions. Loved it.
  • http://www.totalfilm.com/news/sam-mendes-says-sean-connery-skyfall-cameo-was-discussed

This would have been awesome and made Skyfall thest Bond movie ever.
  • "Welcome to Scotland!"
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/sam-mendes-says-sean-connery-skyfall-cameo-was-discussed

No. It would have spoilt the film completely. "Oh look the first and current James Bond in a scene together!" Would have taken you right out of the film and destroyed all the tension built up up that point. So glad they didn't do it.
  • RC7RC7
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/sam-mendes-says-sean-connery-skyfall-cameo-was-discussed

No. It would have spoilt the film completely. "Oh look the first and current James Bond in a scene together!" Would have taken you right out of the film and destroyed all the tension built up up that point. So glad they didn't do it.

Totally agree. I noticed some ass on Empire had posted something referring to it being great because it could tie in the code name theory. If I was a hacker I'd find him and punch him repeatedly in the mouth.
    RC7 wrote:

Totally agree. I noticed some ass on Empire had posted something referring to it being great because it could tie in the code name theory. If I was a hacker I'd find him and punch him repeatedly in the mouth.

Obviously a complete arse!