007 Legends Announced

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Why do you drive a jeep in LTK? Why didn't they just put you in a tanker?

That has to be the most needless change in the game (yes it's worse than white Jinx).
  • oo7oo7
    PS3 SERVERS ARE NOW UP
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's just another reason why there is no way in hell I could warrant spending more than $60 for a game that acts like it is keeping true to the loyal fans, but makes so many glaringly obvious changes.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A Tanker is hard to drive, I'm sure it would be amazingly difficult in a videogame too. It honestly doesn't bother me.
  • Murdock wrote:
    A Tanker is hard to drive, I'm sure it would be amazingly difficult in a videogame too. It honestly doesn't bother me.

That's just it, it's a video game. They could've just made it as easy to drive as the other cars.
    Eh, I don't care. I'll play the game and decide for myself how good or bad it is. A Movie/Game tie in is never as good as the movie or game anyway. You have to bend the rules a bit.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Other games have included Tankers. Games such as Big Mutha Truckers and GTA (various). So it's not impossible to implement such a vehicle into a game.
    I never said it was impossible, but if they are using real world mechanics, then the tanker would be very slow and hard to maneuver. James Bond videogames are fast paced and zoom. It's a change in vehicle, we've had a change in Bond and certain allies and villains. Oh well.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Yes, the Tankers might be slow to buid up speed and cumbersome, but it would be no fun it there wasn't a challenge. But that would mean extra development time. And what's the point of creating more work on something you are trying to rush.

I don't know why i'm thinking about this so much, the moment they decided to put Craigs Bond into past missions, all point of staying faithful to said missions jumped straight out of the embassy window.
    Bond drove a tow truck in Blood Stone. He could've driven a tanker in this. But there are a lot more needless changes than that. But it does seen that LTK got the short end of the stick with this game plot wise
    Bond also drove a big truck in Everything or Nothing and it was as slow as a turtle. It's just a Game.
    Murdock wrote:
    Bond also drove a big truck in Everything or Nothing and it was as slow as a turtle. It's just a Game.

Here we go with my EON praise again - I really loved the truck part of the game - stick the Aston in and do a bit of civilian driving to get into the factory. It was a huge break from the usual frantic chases with gadgets and enemies, and the music that calmly played was brilliantly done by Jeff Tymoschuk (at this point). Even though I was driving really slow, I really felt like Bond, a rarity in Bond games since Activision got hold of the licence. You see - even the driving had variety, not just the gameplay types, it even had a friggin rally section!

Hey ho, comparison over, still awaiting my copy of 007 Legends, even though I'm disappointed before I've even played it...
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    TPM007 wrote:
    Here we go with my EON praise again - I really loved the truck part of the game - stick the Aston in and do a bit of civilian driving to get into the factory. It was a huge break from the usual frantic chases with gadgets and enemies, and the music that calmly played was brilliantly done by Jeff Tymoschuk (at this point). Even though I was driving really slow, I really felt like Bond, a rarity in Bond games since Activision got hold of the licence. You see - even the driving had variety, not just the gameplay types, it even had a friggin rally section!

I Love this part of the mission! The music just FITS exactly at the moment! It's sort of a spy and calm music.
    I always get the V8 Vanquish on the Truck's rear, it take a bit of time but worths when you need to get to that limo :D i took it out once a time with the truck, it was hard LOL
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What's even worse about it is that the game has that checklist of every FPS out there, while still retaining that incredibly generic look that isn't worth the purchase.

On-the-rails scene? Check.
    Minigun from a helicopter scene? Check.
    And while I haven't seen it, are there any slo-mo and/or breach sequences in the game?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Why do you drive a jeep in LTK? Why didn't they just put you in a tanker? That has to be the most needless change in the game
    8-| Then let us hope we're able to balance the jeep on two wheels and pop the front up at the press of a button. That should more than make up for it. ;)
  • i have purchased 007 legends. I know i will still find enjoyment from it because i love getting achievements of them. I have to get every bond game no matter what the score is, im just that much of a fan. Actually i have found a few 6.0 reviews and the ign is way to harsh. They have 007 Goldeneye a 8.5, but the multiplayer looks the same.

But its been improved and i think it looks better than goldenye in many ways. Not in story, but the gadgets, enemies dont disapear and soundtrack are all new improvements to last years game. so im in.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    Woo!!!! thats not my fault there. The site just seemed to crash. I posted my comment and it was loading for ever and then its just posted it three times. So i have have had to say this in my third pst. I never even did anything and it just posted it three times.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    Got it. Played the first level. Must say....I enjoyed it.

Loved the little intro in Miami.

Action-packed opening. Classic set designs. Interesting updating/streamlining of the story. Then, the laser table cinematic was amazing from the FP view. I actually felt a little tense. The classic score, which we all know and love, helped too.

Really got the feeling I was playing a modern Goldfinger.

Not sold on the DC impersonator. At times, he is spot on. Other times, he is almost unrecognizable. Day's done 3 games, I wonder why not this one. Still, the impersonator is leagues better than the Brosnan voice in Nightfire.

Anyone know what these trials are? The accuracy/stealth/and one other trials? I can't find any information on the or how they are supposed to be achieved.

• Not sold on the DC impersonator. At times, he is spot on. Other times, he is almost unrecognizable. Day's done 3 games, I wonder why not this one. Still, the impersonator is leagues better than the Brosnan voice in Nightfire.

I think what the impersonator has tried to do is not only do Craig's voice, but try to work some of the original actor's voice into it as well. You might notice this when you play further (or maybe it's just me) but I clearly heard he did a more raw Dalton-like voice in LTK and a more smooth voice in MR.

• Just fired it up (PS3). Played a team multiplayer match on Biodome. The graphics are terrible online. Also played the first part of Goldfinger. Not a fan of how entire swathes have been cut out, and how it completely changes the story.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Seems that no one is liking this game. How could Activision get so Bond worthless after QoS? Can't believe this.
  • zb007zb007 UK
    edited October 2012 Posts: 85
    They have been very lazy with this game just feels like a clone
  • zb007zb007 UK
    i know they have to be in the here and now with the settings and that but having goldfinger set in the modern day just does not seem right
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Seems that no one is liking this game. How could Activision get so Bond worthless after QoS? Can't believe this.

Erm....
    Got it. Played the first level. Must say....I enjoyed it.

Meanwhile:
    Not a fan of how entire swathes have been cut out, and how it completely changes the story.

Not sure why I'm the only one who can eat over this.

Not sold on the DC impersonator. At times, he is spot on. Other times, he is almost unrecognizable. Day's done 3 games, I wonder why not this one. Still, the impersonator is leagues better than the Brosnan voice in Nightfire.

I think what the impersonator has tried to do is not only do Craig's voice, but try to work some of the original actor's voice into it as well. You might notice this when you play further (or maybe it's just me) but I clearly heard he did a more raw Dalton-like voice in LTK and a more smooth voice in MR.

Hmmm. That actually sounds somewhat ingenious.
    I've already beaten Goldfinger and On Her Majesty's Secret Service, now working on License to Kill! Just defeated Dario, and now am painstakingly trying to run-and-gun my way out of Sanchez's labs and catch up to his helicopter!
  • QBranch wrote:
    Why do you drive a jeep in LTK? Why didn't they just put you in a tanker? That has to be the most needless change in the game
    8-| Then let us hope we're able to balance the jeep on two wheels and pop the front up at the press of a button. That should more than make up for it. ;)

Hahaha, definetly. If that was included I'm ashamed to say I'd buy the game straight away.
  • zb007zb007 UK
    Stuck on the fuse box thing on goldfinger can anyone help me out :\">
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Looking at some online guides there are 11 levels, with Die Another Day getting three, all the others two.

If Skyfall also has three, 14 levels is exactly what GoldenEye: Reloaded had. Poor show, I'd have expected about 20.

As soon as the price drops I'll pick this up.