The Score of Skyfall

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,277
    Besides the original Soundtrack, these songs are also in the movie.

KONYALI
    Written and Performed by ENSEMBLE HÜSEYIN TÜRKMENIER
    Taken from the album “Turkish Bellydance”
    Courtesy of ARC Music Productions International Ltd.

CNN BREAKING NEWS THEME #2
    Written by HERB AVERY
    Courtesy of CNN

MOONLIGHT
    Performed by JUN CHEN
    Courtesy of Naxos of America, Inc.

BOUM!
    Written and Performed by CHARLES TRENET
    Courtesy of Capitol Music,

BOOM BOOM
    Written by JOHN LEE HOOKER
    Performed by THE ANIMALS
    Licensed courtesy of EMI Records Ltd. and ABKCO Records

THE NAME’S BOND… JAMES BOND
    Written by MONTY NORMAN
    Arranged by DAVID ARNOLD

THE JAMES BOND THEME
    Written by MONTY NORMAN

;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,012
    Great @Marketto007!

I think it might be a good idea to add the tracks here in case anyone wants to hear them. The first had to be Boom Boom because I love it :)

[url]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/AEESmHXUUjM?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/AEESmHXUUjM?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

BOUM! by CHARLES TRENET, something I would never imagine to hear in a Bond film.
    [url]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/p0KWyWwVp0E?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/p0KWyWwVp0E?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

MOONLIGHT by JUN CHEN can be heard here
    DCisared wrote:
    im not sure if thats a appreciation of arnold or newman running out of ideas!
    how did the score fit the film may i ask?
    would you of prefered arnold scoring?

I think it was most likely a minor case of GoldenEye syndrome. The Newman score maybe lacked enough 'Bond' at one point (or possibly points) in the eyes of the producers/director/editor or whoever.

The score was generally fine for me - big on rhythm/percussion but light on tunes. I likened it to Spy Game and Bourne movies action-wise. Even shades of David Arnold's Sherlock scores. All works with the pictures perfectly well. But if you like your action music to be hummable after the fact, this score won't add much to your playlist I expect.

I haven't heard the album yet, but it's usual for these to drop tracks with the Bond theme in favour of the composer's original compositions. That's fair enough I guess.
    In the film there's enough Bond theme in use to keep people happy I reckon. Did seem to me a bit too obviously thrown in a couple of times though.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,329
    Anon wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    im not sure if thats a appreciation of arnold or newman running out of ideas!
    how did the score fit the film may i ask?
    would you of prefered arnold scoring?

I think it was most likely a minor case of GoldenEye syndrome. The Newman score maybe lacked enough 'Bond' at one point (or possibly points) in the eyes of the producers/director/editor or whoever.

The score was generally fine for me - big on rhythm/percussion but light on tunes. I likened it to Spy Game and Bourne movies action-wise. Even shades of David Arnold's Sherlock scores. All works with the pictures perfectly well. But if you like your action music to be hummable after the fact, this score won't add much to your playlist I expect.

I haven't heard the album yet, but it's usual for these to drop tracks with the Bond theme in favour of the composer's original compositions. That's fair enough I guess.
    In the film there's enough Bond theme in use to keep people happy I reckon. Did seem to me a bit too obviously thrown in a couple of times though.

Thanks very much mate
    It's not hummable action scenes I'm after as such , its more great tempo tracks that make me feel like bond walking to college haha
    I'm very eager to get my earphones in and listen to the whole album
    Cheers for the feedback @Anon
    I'm also wondering why when I go on iTunes on my iPhone it says the album is expected on the 19th? Does that mean it'll be available shortly after midnight?
    Everywhere else says it won't be out till the 29th??
    Anyone in the know?
    What iTunes store (geographically speaking) are you tied to on your Iphone? Mine's UK and says 29th for the soundtrack - same as UK iTunes on the computer.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hope to God we get a full on Bond theme during the movie as opposed to having to wait for the end credits.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    I hope to God we get a full on Bond theme during the movie as opposed to having to wait for the end credits.

Second that !!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 824
    delete
  • Swiss itunes says 19th
    Anon wrote:
    What iTunes store (geographically speaking) are you tied to on your Iphone? Mine's UK and says 29th for the soundtrack - same as UK iTunes on the computer.

UK also my man although mine deffo says 19th and has for days
    If u want me to message me your email address so i can take a screen shot and show u I'm not blagging I'm more than willing to
    DCisared wrote:
    Anon wrote:

If u want me to message me your email address so i can take a screen shot and show u I'm not blagging I'm more than willing to

I believe you. Worth a punt on a pre-order I'd say. You might get it tomorrow - although I think it's likely just a glitch and won't download till the 29th
    Anon wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Anon wrote:

I believe you. Worth a punt on a pre-order I'd say. You might get it tomorrow - although I think it's likely just a glitch and won't download till the 29th

I would pre order it mate but I pre ordered Adeles skyfall and it charged me twice :( I can cope with £1.98 but not just under 18 pound for one album lol
    DCisared wrote:
    Anon wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Anon wrote:

I would pre order it mate but I pre ordered Adeles skyfall and it charged me twice :( I can cope with £1.98 but not just under 18 pound for one album lol
    I can recommend you to iTunes' customer service. Had a problem with my ADele download. They couldn't get me a clean copy so refunded it and gave me a single store credit on top.

The soundtrack album is £8.99 no?
    Anon wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Anon wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Anon wrote:

I can recommend you to iTunes' customer service. Had a problem with my ADele download. They couldn't get me a clean copy so refunded it and gave me a single store credit on top.

The soundtrack album is £8.99 no?

Yea £8.99 :) ill try their customer service thankyou
    Ill also let you know if the album becomes available to me tomorrow
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Well everyone was so happy that Arnold went away and now it looks like (if we believe the reviews) the score is one of the few bad parts of the film!

Bring back Arnold!
  • Arnold is a busted flush. Bringing him back would be a backward step for the franchise. Arnold is Barry ultra ultra lite.

Only John Barry could compose John Barry music.

We need to live with that fact and move on.
  • Looks like the Skyfall score is out tomorrow in Switzerland
    https://itunes.apple.com/ch/album/skyfall/id568922164
    Looks like the Skyfall score is out tomorrow in Switzerland
    https://itunes.apple.com/ch/album/skyfall/id568922164

Could you do me a favour? Download them for ALLLLLLL of us, in both M4A and MP3 format?

:D
  • Sadly not in Switzerland.
  • tqbtqb
    Perhaps a proxy?
  • My Swedish iTunes says oct 19th with 31 tracks... that's about two hours left now...
  • tqbtqb
    ^ I think you know what everyone on Earth is expecting ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 300
    Here's someone from FilmTracks who has listened to the full album, and their reaction.

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/index.cgi?read=117420&expand=1#117420

I wouldn't really put much stock into what filmtracks.com says. They are stuck in the old ways and have never showed any intention of giving modern methods of scoring films any unbiased reviews or acclaim. It's a shame, really.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I think i'm going to buy the soundtrack tomorrow when it's released here in Sweden.
  • MrBond wrote:
    I think i'm going to buy the soundtrack tomorrow when it's released here in Sweden.

Could you give us download links when you do?
  • It's past midnight here in Sweden and it's not yet available on iTunes although it says the 19th as the release date. I will definitely buy it as soon as it's possible.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I think that it's going to be available in the morning, when they have updated their site.

If i buy it, i will see what i can do!
  • Just bought the soundtrack on iTunes. Sitting and listening to it right now! Better than expected so far ...
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 130
    HMBFF wrote:
    I'm optimistic and don't believe the bad reviews! This sounds awesome!

EDIT: Track 13 clearly has Adele's Skyfall theme in it!