Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
edited June 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 14,812
For all who have passed away, post your thoughts and respect for them here.

Sad news to learn the passing of Michael Clarke Duncan today, a very gifted actor who we have lost at a young age.
RIP

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes, one of those passings that brings a tear to my eye. Rest in peace, Mr. Duncan.
    Completely stunned by this! Loved him in The Green Mile. Always thought he would make a very menacing henchman in a Bond movie!

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan. You will be missed!
  • RIP Michael. Gone too soon. The Green Mile is a very special film and a huge part of that was down to his performance. He will be remembered.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 1,637

Would've been 60 today :(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    We miss you, Christopher. You were a legend, even among a Superman. ^:)^
    The original and best Superman! RIP
    RogueAgent wrote:

Not quite the original Superman, there were a few before him and some quite succesfull.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Not quite the original Superman, there were a few before him and some quite succesfull.

Indeed. There is a lot of silent age Batman, so was there silent age Superman?
  • Chris Reeve was a great guy, we all remember him for Superman but he did some other work too that often goes unnoticed. Taken from us at 60 years of age, far too young for anyone to go. Such a shame his career was cut short by the horse riding accident. RIP Mr Reeve

Chris Reeve was a great guy, we all remember him for Superman but he did some other work too that often goes unnoticed. Taken from us at 60 years of age, far too young for anyone to go. Such a shame his career was cut short by the horse riding accident. RIP Mr Reeve

No, he would be 60. He died at age 52.
  • Yes you're right, I read it wrong. 52 then, but that's at an even earlier age to be taken away sadly. Once again Rest In Peace Mr Reeve

A fine actor
  • oo7oo7
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

there was never a silent age superman nor batman so be silent.
  • What about Keaton or Lloyd ?

After all, they were 'super' silent movie actors

oo7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

there was George Reeves (1914–1959) as Superman for 6 years (52-58) available on dvd!

and Kirk Alyn (1910–1999) as Superman in 2 serials after the war.

oo7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I believe I have seen silent age Batman clips. They are short, but they exist.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    oo7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

No they don't. Batman was created in the late 30s a good 10 years after talkies came in. There were some serials made soon after that, similar in style and length to the Flash Gordon serials.
    NicNac wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

No they don't. Batman was created in the late 30s a good 10 years after talkies came in. There were some serials made soon after that, similar in style and length to the Flash Gordon serials.
    There were silent films well into the start of talkies, so anything is possible. Maybe there are tons of them never released.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP Andy Williams, who has passed away at the age of 84.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    No! Sad news. I'm gutted. I don't really know what to say at the moment. RIP.

He died from cancer.
    A fantastic singer and performer. Just got in from work to see this sad news. RIP Andy Williams!
  • RIP Andy Williams. Some great tunes and a great voice.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    May each day in your life be a good day goodnight everybody Andy Williams RIP.
  • I'm all for some country and western and one year ago today Johnny Mathis passed on

Cliff Burton, a musician with one of my favorite metal bands Metallica, left us this day in 1986. He was only 24 years old

RIP to both. (I think this is the appropriate thread for it, i.e. anniversary deaths as well as present time?)
  • oo7oo7
    NicNac wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

sense at last
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Not to sound too American but I'm totally drifting right now :D

I always liked Andy Williams and was saddened to hear of his death.

Its a shame he never sang a Bond tune - reminds me a bit of Matt Monro.

RIP
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I grew up watching Andy Williams' Christmas specials. Moon River and me ... Lovely voice, warm and lovely man by all accounts. Could have done a marvelous Bond tune in his day.
    RIP, our huckleberry friend.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Herbert Lom (1917 - 2012)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19745910

RIP, Mr Harvey.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Bit morbid this thread ...............
    Anyway rest in peace René Mathis!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,774
    Herbert Lom (1917 - 2012)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19745910

RIP, Mr Harvey.

And RIP to Charles Dreyfus and the Phantom of the Opera as well.