Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

oo7oo7
edited October 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,068
After a skim through ravensofts website I realise they cannot be making this years call of duty maps. Job listings mention the need of an animator. It occurs to me that CoD DLC packs normally just are new levels which do not require the skills of new animations.
The job is states for a FPS.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/33231/watch-the-max-payne-3-multiplayer-gameplay-series-video-part-two.html
Legends has trouble.

neversoft are looking for people to make a FPS, Hanjin Song animator of the raven bond game is currently working for neversoft

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uSWKjG7GcX0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uSWKjG7GcX0?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comments

Raven might be doing a new bond game
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Looks Bondish minus the two low blows. Fingers crossed.
  • oo7oo7
    Hey I'm pretty sure that if you watch this trailer then the trailer of the Raven animation for bond you will see alot of this.
    I think Bond can deliver a low blow, I recall Dalton kicking the guy beside M in LTK in the groin.
  • oo7oo7
    007Legends forum has taken a nose dive again, could this be a big update today?
  • oo7oo7
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming_activision_confirm_two_projects.php3?t=&s=games&id=01711

reading this again, what was the second bond game they made, or did it get dumped as it didnt come out on 2009?

some hot quotes
    He was also critical of some of the Bond licenced games produced by the previous licencee Electronic Arts, which included critically-panned titles such as GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. "It suffered a lot because it wasn't a focal point of Electronic Arts' efforts over the past five years and they have such a broad portfolio of franchises that this one didn't get the attention it deserved," said Kotick.

I know I cant be the only one who feels QoS was a rushed out to go with the film, Bloodstone obviously underwent some overhaul resulting in the whole game being hurt(I do find it to be the better of the lot) and goldeneye is an obvious port of the wii game although they blatantly lied and said it was run on a whole new engine.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The second game was Blood Stone. It was the one that had 'driving elements' in it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @oo7 Watch the multiple posting, please sir. You initially started off with 4 consecutive posts. Use the edit button instead, please.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    @Dimi, I set this up to cover stuff like what goes on on the 007legends site and also any stupid stuff i could find on other bond games. sometimes i repost a day later on a different subject and its hardly relevant to my first post.
    thank you for the interest in the postings though.
    Yeah samuel i guess it was bloodstone. so i guess we lost a year of bond gaming due to bloodstone being overhauled and then we lost another one due to goldeneye being reported.
    I cant wait till monday do you guys think we will see a screenshot or a piece of foootage of the new game>?

007Legends ‏@007Legends
    Who’s ready to find out which movies are in the 007 Legends game? Check back TOMORROW and you’ll be one of the first to know!
    Collapse
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    RETWEETS
    FAVORITE
    4:00 PM - 20 May 12 via HootSuite · Details
    2h Patrick Brennan ‏@Pat_Bren
    @007Legends Tomorrow Never Dies

some guy on twitters looking forward to tomorrow never dies..
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    I would like to share important topic today , what kind of games we will be getting after 007 legends ??
    Are we getting a game with the 007 legends idea but with different movies ?? OR
    An original storyline game ?? OR
    A one classic bond movie (which I doubt )

*For me I have a good idea :
    We can take one con from 007 legends and so we can have one game with two different missions with different locations and characters they all have to be original as the story itself , this can make a big game with longer gameplay life ..

I think from now on bond games should have their original story and if necessary original bond much like batman or tomb raider .. no relation to the current movie or the current bond . Maybe not with Activision but Im sure soon we will be having a developer who thinks this way .. not in the money way BUT in the quality way .
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I would like to share important topic today , what kind of games we will be getting after 007 legends ??
    Are we getting a game with the 007 legends idea but with different movies ?? OR
    An original storyline game ?? OR
    A one classic bond movie (which I doubt )
    Gee, you must be bored of 007 Legends already. Just let me fire up the ol' time machine and I'll get back to you.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yo, @QBranch, what news from whenever the hell you were going?

I want that Ravensoft game to get released. I'm certain it'll be good. I'm a little confused as to why it was a 3rd Person game, though, because they're great at FPS, too. I point to Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix as a prime example.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Yo, @QBranch, what news from whenever the hell you were going?
    Well, for one- there's no roads B-) Oh, and the Ravensoft game rocks. It has a decent cover, too :D

Seriously, I'm not really thinking about Bond's future just yet. I still have Bloodstone and EoN games to get through :-O , let alone the new game and film coming up. They'll keep me more than occupied until the next big thing comes out.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    QBranch wrote:
    I still have Bloodstone and EoN games to get through :-O

Have you beaten either one yet? Blood Stone is neither overly long, nor terribly difficult (even on 007), so I would assume you've beaten that one, at least. EoN, on the other hand, can be difficult (the race mission kind of sucks), and its checkpoints are few and far between (a plague suffered by all EA Bond games, except FRWL).
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    I've only played a bit of EoN- and that seemed alright. I haven't played Bloodstone whatsoever, as it won't run on my crappy old computer. I have to wait until I get a laptop. I'm not really a hardcore gamer- I'm actually more interested in making games than playing them. Weird, huh?
  • oo7oo7
    QBranch wrote:
    I've only played a bit of EoN- and that seemed alright. I haven't played Bloodstone whatsoever, as it won't run on my crappy old computer. I have to wait until I get a laptop. I'm not really a hardcore gamer- I'm actually more interested in making games than playing them. Weird, huh?
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3323/bond-modding#Item_3 perhaps this thread will be of interest to you then
    Thanks for the link, @oo7. The good people at GoldenEye Source actually recommended me to do a trial for game developer. After seeing the level of work required for their current mod, I realized my work wasn't quite good enough to make the team. I'll just keep practicing until then.
  • oo7oo7
    Speak out people, now that legends is among us and most of us have had a shot what do you wish for a upcoming bond game. a sequel to legends or bloodstone or something else that takes place after skyfall?
  • oo7oo7
    Activision laying off staff
    Activision's Minneapolis division is "realigning the structure" of its business, and has consequently cut 30 full-time positions. The publisher is responsible for games such as Prototype 2, Goldeneye 007, and The Amazing Spider-man, "will release fewer games based on third-party licenses" next year compared to 2012 as its business "works to align costs with its revenues."

An Activision representative told IGN that it plans to "redirect" affected employees to other positions within Activision."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/layoffs-hit-activision-publishing-in-minneapolis

could we be looking at a dry year for bond gaming in 2013? do you think activision perhaps will drop publishing a game next year in favour of trying to tie one into the 2014 bond film and the lapse of the license date?
    Grr I really hope not Right now there are only 2 games next year that has my interest Injustice God among us and Splinter cell Black List.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This could well mean one final Activision Bond game is on the way in 2014 and that's it. We can live and hope for the best.
    I hope for something in vein of blood stone 007 legends was ok
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Hard to say what this means for Activsion and Bond. Prehaps they intend to develop a game over two years for the final release slot. With the negative reviews for Legends I think they will scrap that format of game.
    If they did this though it would bring them back into the film release year and by past content it does not seem as though they get enough time to make the game due to the quick production process of the film(as compared to the development time of the game) this has obviously lead to QoS where it only carried 4 levels of the actual film and the recent outing which is only promising two locations from Skyfall.
    I would assume EA would be quick to try and snap the licence back due to having a number of Ps1 and Ps2 titles they could HD and re-release while developing new content.
  • oo7oo7
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Looking around the job listings for activision regulars we can see this.
    Ravensoftware

Senior Lighting Artist

Raven software, developer of numerous award winning games is looking for a talented artist who has proven experience lighting real time environments and characters for an exciting next generation title. The ideal candidate is friendly, motivated, and is always looking at ways to improve their craft. This is an excellent opportunity to work and learn from a group of talented and proven developers who are passionate about making games.

Senior Environment Artist
    Description
    Senior Environment Artist

We are looking for a talented artist who has proven experience creating environments from concept to final for an exciting next generation title. The ideal candidate is a friendly, creative and highly skilled Artist with a proven track record. Senior Artists are responsible for setting the bar for visual and production quality while fostering a fun and productive environment for coworkers. This is an excellent opportunity to work and learn from a group of talented and proven developers who are passionate about making games.

Animation Director
    Description
    RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty series is seeking a passionate Animation Director to join an established team at work on a first-person shooter. Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life!

Position summary: Directs and manages the Animation department. Conceives, develops and oversees the implementation of animation. Tactical position that sets short-term (one year) strategic and functional objectives and that provides input into the strategies and objectives of Animation department. While able to work across multiple projects, this position is able to receive direction, but also able to make strong, self-directed decisions with a focus on performance and results.

This position is responsible for all aspects of managing the animation pipeline and quality, as well as managing the team of animators at the studio. Expected to work as a team member to other Directors at the studio and drive for best overall game experience.

This could be for a Bond game or for the upcoming wolverine film tie in.

Eurcom are not currently hiring for new positions

It is hard to know if activsion have any future for the bond titles to be released while they are currently looking to move away from film tie in output

Treyarch
    Game Designers
    We are always looking for talented Game Designers.
    [Click here to submit your resume]
    Artists
    We are always looking for talented Artists.
    [Click here to submit your resume]

could treyarch return to bond after black ops 2?
  • oo7oo7
    Unfortunately, official sales charts are not publicly released in the USA, but industry tracker VG Chartz estimates the game has sold 13,286 units in 3 weeks, which would make it the poorest performing 007 title in recent years.
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    oo7 wrote:
    Unfortunately, official sales charts are not publicly released in the USA, but industry tracker VG Chartz estimates the game has sold 13,286 units in 3 weeks, which would make it the poorest performing 007 title in recent years.

Well good news indeed .. Lets hope some changes on the way for bond games ..
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

Well good news indeed .. Lets hope some changes on the way for bond games ..
    seeing as 007 legends has come in witha lower metacritic score than bloodstone, and linked to these poor sales results i would say the engine will be indeed scrapped. hard to know if they intend on holding back next year or indeed leaving this a two year gap as between bloodstone and quantum.
  • Another 3rd person shooter would be great imo
    Another 3rd person shooter would be great imo

Too bad Bizarre went out of business. Blood Stone (where do people keep getting this "Bloodstone" thing where it's all one word, anyway?) was the best Activision Bond game, and my personal favorite of all Bond games.
  • Another 3rd person shooter would be great imo

Too bad Bizarre went out of business. Blood Stone (where do people keep getting this "Bloodstone" thing where it's all one word, anyway?) was the best Activision Bond game, and my personal favorite of all Bond games.

I agree I don't understand why people think it was so awful. While the controls could have been greatly improved I still found it to be a superb game. Now if they were to update a 007 game of similar nature with Metal Gear Solid 4 style controls and graphics that would be AMAZING :D
    Now if they were to update a 007 game of similar nature with Metal Gear Solid 4 style controls and graphics that would be AMAZING :D

Well, MGS4 did have superb graphics (that really haven't been topped yet, and it came out in 2008), what was so special about it's controls? They work for Metal Gear, but I don't think they'd work for anything else (except maybe Syphon Filter).