Going away or coming back?

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited April 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 23,447
Please let us know if you're out for a while or coming back from a short absence. As this thread will <i>only</i> be used to list up sufficiently relevant absences, I must urge everyone to consider the following two rules:

<b>1) Only absences of 4 days or more should make the list. Shorter absences are too common and will render the list impractical.

2) No replies or comments to going away or coming back alerts should be made in this thread. They reduce the efficiency of the list.

3) Fond memories, travel stories and pictures are most welcome on our forum, but please use <a href="http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/230/holiday-you-says-any-thoughts-photos-or-stories-to-shares-"><font color=lightblue>this</font></a> thread instead. Again, the reason for this being to keep the list below clear and easy to use. </b>

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DD signing off from Tuesday till Saturday for a trip to London. Take care, boys and girls.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Have a good one DD. Look forward to the photos!! ;-)
  • At the end of today,I'll be abandoning The Community for 3 weeks. Taking the family off for the (normally) annual Disney World trip...... See you all in May!
    Oh no. Missing you already Preacher. Mind you, I'm sure you will have a great time at DW. And if you get the chance to take some photos and load them on here......... ;-)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    with school started back up for me - not sure i'll be able to get on, and post as often as I would like to... but i shall try and pop on every now and again and see what is shakin'..
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Quoting The_Preacher711: At the end of today,I'll be abandoning The Community for 3 weeks. Taking the
    family off for the (normally) annual Disney World trip...... See you all in May
    Have fun! I haven't been there since I was 9--and that was 1990. The old Epcot Center was great with Horizons, I'd be curious to see what the place is like now.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Off to the US of A on saturday, something I've planned and waited for over a year :)

New York April 30th - May 6th
    Chicago May 6th - May 12th
    New Orleans May 12th - May 18th
    San Francisco May 18th - May 24th

Expect updates and photos on my facebook or http://usa.totalmindfuck.se

Here we go :D
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Blimey, jealous much? :O

Have a great time, Disco, me old mucker - looking forward to all the pics...!
    Looks like a nice schedule you're following there, Disco. Have fun!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Enjoy mate! And don't forge to email or skype me if you have any questions, or are looking for anything in NYC, I know it like the palm of my hand!
  • SeveSeve The island of Lemoy
    and so we see that there is no point in trying to dictate how people should use a thread, they'll either use it in the way that gives them what they need from it, or not use it at all...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I think that this was simply an attempt at limiting spam as this thread had become a ridiculous spamfest at the old place.
    Off for two weeks to shoot two tv ads. One in sunny Birmingham and One in London. I will upload some shots of the ads in the making when I'm back.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Good luck forgotmyusername !!
    Off for two weeks to shoot two tv ads. One in sunny Birmingham and One in London. I will upload some shots of the ads in the making when I'm back.

Now that would be interesting. Look forward to it
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 17
    Hello one and all- not sure if any of you have noticed but I've been away for what feels like a couple of months, most likely meaning I've been away for a couple of months. I think that's the first time I've actually done that since I joined MI6, way back in 1974.

This has largely been down to having a rather bad couple of months in some respects, but rather excellent in others. On the one hand It looks like I'll be starting a new job soon, on the other hand I had a breif medical scare, which fortunately turned out to be nothing. I bought a Fiat Punto, which is a wonderful car but it's currently at the mechanics because it's a Fiat and has broken in the few weeks I've owned it. I had a brief relationship with a wonderful woman, but then she left me for someone else. Called Eleanor. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

What I'm trying to get at is, it looks like I'll be back in a slightly more active capacity for a bit. Here's hoping everyone else is doing well and no one is on fire or anything else equally odious.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Nice to see you pop-in Mummy. Always nice to see familiar faces who actually want to talk about Bond. And with a nice avatar!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Ditto

Nice to see you Rummy. Hope this is a more permanent visit from you. We've lost some interesting and valued members along the way, nice to see a few of the members who can discuss Bond.
    Sounds like you've had an up and down few months.
    Yup, welcome back Rummy. Just in time for the impact Bond 23 will no doubt make in the next few months.
  • Thanks for the welcome back, gents. I'd certainly missed your good company. Like I said, it was a pretty interesting couple of months, but if you can come through it all still laughing and no worse off then you were before, then what can you say? :)
    We missed you, Rummy. It's darn good to have you back among us. Now where's that box of chocolates you promised us when you left?

Huh? B-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Rummy man returneth. B-) Welcome back, Rummy.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Another much valued member has returned. Thank goodness for that. Welcome @RussianMummy.
    I'm back to lurk and post a bit more. Always happens around exams. Nice to see some familiar names after the big move :)
    Good to have you back among us, Blond. I wish you a lot of courage during the exams!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Great to see you around these parts again, Rummster. All fit and well now, I hope?

And, yup, life's about living - meaning taking the rough with the smooth and all that. Hard luck on the amorous front, but no worries; I know deep down you're holding out for Caroline the lovely barmaid anyway. ;)

Anyhoo, if ever you want a chat or anything, you know where I am, matey... :)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    hello all..

it's been a really busy and rough few weeks for me... school, work, and personal - all together meant that i had absolutely no time to check in on the boards... since school is slowly starting to wrap up for the quarter - my personal life starting to settle back down, and starting a new job, I should (hopefully) be back on periodically/regularly - maybe not as often as i once was.. but i may pop in a few times a week, instead of daily... but we'll see..... playing everything by ear at the moment..
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Hi @haserot, it's nice to hear from you again. Hopefully all is now well and you're in a better position to rejoin us soon. No need to worry, I've got @St_George on hand to cut the welcome back cake! :-))
    :) if it's a carrot cake - then we can officially get this thing a crack-a-lackin'! lol
    You have to stick around to some degree @haserot, and be remembered as one of The Community's original big players. ;-)