DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

edited August 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 9,730
a thread to discuss Wb's planned Justice league film Who should be the director who should be cast? no word on villains so who should the Justice League Fight?

I hope the rumors of Affleck's involvement should be true as for cast

Henry Cavill as Superman (it just kind of makes sense)

I had no problem with reynolds as Green Lantern

no idea on Flash or Wonder Woman

as for Batman it's a tough choice I like Bradley Cooper right now but that is just my opnion

how about you?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It shouldn't happen.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hear WB want Ben Affleck to direct.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Marvel have Joss it seems, but DC has Dini. I say let him write a new screenplay or adaption of what they have as a working story.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Marvel have Joss it seems, but DC has Dini. I say let him write a new screenplay or adaption of what they have as a working story.

I don't know if it would help or hurt at this point. Besides, Dini's also working for Marvel right now.

As far as who should play who:

Henry Cavill or Brandon Routh as Superman (I felt Routh did a good job imitating Christopher Reeve)

Christian Bale as Batman (or a CGI Batman with Kevin Conroy's voice, these are the only options)

Strange though it sounds, Owen Wilson as Flash (he seems like the perfect choice, somehow)

Rosario Dawson as Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

I had a candidate for Wonder Woman, but her name escapes me.

Ving Rhames as Martian Manhunter (he has the voice)

James Remar as Hawkman (when he voiced the role in Justice League Unlimited, he sounded perfect)

A. Corpse as Aquaman (I hate Aquaman)

That's all I can think of right now.
  • It wont work..

I don't know if it would help or hurt at this point. Besides, Dini's also working for Marvel right now.

Henry Cavill or Brandon Routh as Superman (I felt Routh did a good job imitating Christopher Reeve)

Christian Bale as Batman (or a CGI Batman with Kevin Conroy's voice, these are the only options)

Strange though it sounds, Owen Wilson as Flash (he seems like the perfect choice, somehow)

James Remar as Hawkman (when he voiced the role in Justice League Unlimited, he sounded perfect)

Bale or CGI Batman are not the only options at all. I will be happy if it has to happen when DC decide to choose talent over who is the most popular in the present time for their casting decisions.
    It wont work..

It will! It has in comics and animations for the last 40 years! I mean "Iron Man" was in dippers then.
  • If they did it everyone would say it was just because of Avengers. Does Superman have to be in it? I don't like him, maybe the new one will change my mind though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I can't see this film happening for a long time. Right now, Warner's have nothing in place for the build up. This is a long way off from coming to fruition, if it ever does.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Bale or CGI Batman are not the only options at all. I will be happy if it has to happen when DC decide to choose talent over who is the most popular in the present time for their casting decisions.

Please don't misunderstand, my choices are not based on popularity. Christian Bale gave an amazing performance as Bruce Wayne and Batman in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (I've not seen The Dark Knight Rises yet), and Kevin Conroy has been the best voice for Batman for the past 20 years, very few if any episodes of Batman: The Animated Series and its spin-offs and sequels were ever under-acted because of Conroy.

Please don't misunderstand, my choices are not based on popularity. Christian Bale gave an amazing performance as Bruce Wayne and Batman in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (I've not seen The Dark Knight Rises yet), and Kevin Conroy has been the best voice for Batman for the past 20 years, very few if any episodes of Batman: The Animated Series and its spin-offs and sequels were ever under-acted because of Conroy.

I'd love to see Chris back as Batman. I do have to give Marvel credit though. They took years to set up the big team film and really succeeded fair and square with it. Warner will have big shoes to fill when the JLA film comes.
    And it will probably still fail. It was thanks to the other films setting up The Avengers (Avengers Assemble, I'm told, in the UK) that added to what the film already had that made it a huge success. DC and Warner Bros. probably won't set up Justice League, and it'll probably just explode onto screens at a theater/cinema near you.
    Come on, even as a stand alone movie The Avengers was a well executed script and a good story with plenty of space for all characters even if the Hulk was the funniest. A script by Whedon is always worth something extra.
  • A "Flash" movie might work, though.

Lets see if this New Superman movie is any good 1st. It is gonna take awhile for me to forget how bad Green Latern was.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    To my recollection, the rights over the various heroes they are scattered among enough people and studios to make a Justice League film practically impossible. I could be mistaken though.
    Even if the rights are scattered, the parent companies of Warner Bros. and Legendary Films/Legendary Pictures (it's one of those two) own all of those studios, and thus can bring the heroes under one umbrella to make a film. Let's not forget: Iron Man (1&2), Captain America and Thor were all Paramount movies, Incredible Hulk was a Universal Film, and The Avengers is a Paramount film distributed by Walt Disney, and had negotiated terms to allow a Sony Pictures film element (the OsCorp building from The Amazing Spider-Man) to be placed in The Avengers (they hadn't finalized the design before The Avengers was finished however, so the building didn't end up in the movie). I would think DC would be able to do this, with so many fewer studios to umbrella.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I can't see this film happening for a long time. Right now, Warner's have nothing in place for the build up. This is a long way off from coming to fruition, if it ever does.

Flash, Wonderwoman should be on our screen by 2020. Superman reboots next year, Batman reboots 2015. Green arrow hits TV this year.....
    Virage wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Flash, Wonderwoman should be on our screen by 2020. Superman reboots next year, Batman reboots 2015. Green arrow hits TV this year.....

From what I have heard and read, the Wonder Woman film has been scrapped for a TV show instead.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes and that tv show had a pilot episode abd was then subsequently cancelled.
    I have heard some of the stuff that was in the Wonder Woman script. It was horrid. Stuff like Diana singing to pop songs while driving and exercising and then apparently she runs a company that makes Wonder Woman dolls and she subsequently has a fight with someone over the size of the doll's breasts. #-o
    This is the sh*t we consider for TV these days? Oh, Lord...
    The TV Pilot did sound terrible- but I wouldn't mind the actress getting her shot in a WW or Justice League movie; she was HOT

0330-adrianne-palicki-wonder-woman-02.jpg

She is now in the new GI Joe movie as Lady Jaye
    You think that is hot? Have you seen her in the 'shorts'?

wonder-woman-adrianne-palicki-pilot.jpg
    Virage wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Maybe. That's a lot in 8 years though. Plus Batman doesn't reboot 2015. There is no date set, it will take far longer than that.
    Samuel001 wrote:

wonder-woman-adrianne-palicki-pilot.jpg
    Virage wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Maybe. That's a lot in 8 years though. Plus Batman doesn't reboot 2015. There is no date set, it will take far longer than that.

I would watch her! ;)
    She's ok, but I worry more about her acting ability. We have seen movies and acting being let down by some bad scripts, though unfortunate it is. And she didn't have much to work with at all as you can see.
    Affleck is out.
    is this official i know David Yates has also been approached. Again this is the only Batmanesque big screen adventure in the works (apart from deluded fan rumors)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That is hot! And new to me too; thanks for sharing! I thought she had pants the whole time
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That is hot! And new to me too; thanks for sharing! I thought she had pants the whole time

At the start of the episode she wears those shorts. Many minutes of it have been released online over time, now there must be near ten out there but not the complete 45 minute episode - yet.
    Risico007 wrote:
    is this official i know David Yates has also been approached. Again this is the only Batmanesque big screen adventure in the works (apart from deluded fan rumors)

Great. He ruined Harry Potter and know he has come for Batman.