Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    Cambodia? Who would have thunk it? I have to say the hand to hand combat in these Asian films is off the charts. The choreographers should be brought to Hollywood.
    They are, aren´t they? The problem is they tend to get wasted there. E.g. Iko Uwais and Yayan Ryuhan in SW TFA....

Btw, that Jailbreak choreography looks a bit underdeveloped.

• Go Go!!

I don't care what it takes, but I'd like a sequel to 'The A-Team' with Liam Neeson and his co-stars returning.

Agreed but sadly we may be getting a new version of the show this fall (but this is still just rumors right now same with a Magnum P.I sequel)

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That jailbreak trailer! I need that film yesterday!

Logan looks frikkin fantastic. It's jumped up on my list of anticipated comicbook movies for this year.

Power Rangers looks...meh; which is a shame because I grew up watching the original mmpr and this trailer makes me feel indifferent.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Logan looks awesome. Can hardly wait.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Logan' has me intrigued, which is rare - looking forward to it!

As for 'Jailbreak,' I'll be adding that to the massive amount of films I must see at some point.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego @Creasy47 @bondjames

You will want to kill me now, but here's something else that will give you your fix of badass action: the new film from the director of 'Infernal Affairs':

My issue is that for every three or four of these trailers I see, I'll remember to only catch one or two when the opportunity presents itself, so I'll miss out on a lot of good stuff.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I love the TND bike throwbacks that I see in Extraordinary Mission.
    Third trailer for the russian super-hero movie Guardians

Should be fun.
    I'd enjoy seeing any die-hard comic book/superhero film lovers try and rip that 'Guardians' trailer apart, like I've seen elsewhere on the Internet. Doesn't look much different than most of the other dreck they're putting out these days. Lots of CG? Check. Too many characters? Check. Massive city-destroying finale? Check.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Thanks to @Creasy47 for sending me this. Probably the most badass 30 seconds tv spot I have ever seen.

EDIT: Another super badass one:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    In the words of the ultimate live action Felix Leiter, "alright, alright, alright". B-)
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Official MPAA rating for Logan: Rated R for 'strong brutal violence and language throughout, and for brief nudity'

Official MPAA rating for John Wick: Chapter 2: Rated R for 'strong violence throughout, some language and brief nudity'
    You had me at "strong violence and nudity."
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    You had me at "Logan" and "John Wick: Chapter 2".
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego

From the director of the super badass Korean action films 'The City of Violence', 'The Berlin File', 'Veteran' and the upcoming 'The Berlin File 2' and 'Veteran 2', comes this new film: Battleship Island.

Here's the first trailer:

Can't wait for these movies to drop.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @DaltonCraig007, there is nothing so badass as badassery.
    Just two weeks left. Been waiting a long while for this sequel.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

It's hard to believe the Reeves is 52. It doesn't look like he has aged much, if at all, in the last 20 years. Hopefully this will stand up to the original better than Taken 2 (and 3) did to Taken.
    This looks like it'll be better than the first movie. So hyped for this.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I think Keannu has found another perfect role for himself. Not too much acting required with Wick. Everything seems so much more amped up compared to the first one. Ian McShane is the icing on the cake.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2017 Posts: 7,972
    As long as Keanu avoids period pieces, anything that predates 1970, he's not bad.
    Keanu does action well and is convincing as he puts in the training necessary, I have total respect for Keanu for the work he put in with The Matrix trilogy and John Wick.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,441
    Already released in The Netherlands, but at this moment there can do better:

Manchester by the Sea. $120,167 for his first weak. It must be said the movie only get 31 screens from Paramoun/Universal,whyle Split get 64.

Split. $284,776 in the first weak. From directer of Unbreakable.

Collateral Beauty. Half December when movie was released it did $264,494, after 5 weaks movie now deliever almoost 1,6 million. 47 screens left.

Lion. After two weaks the movie did $341,263. For all the promotion there doing it is not much and only 33 screens.

Allied / Brimstone. After two weaks both movies did $735,482 with 81 screens (Now 85 and 84)

Then a look to movies who doing good or very good:

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage did $750,998 in the first weak with 104 screens and in 3D and 2D, back in October 2002 the first movie start with $785,595 and 92 screens and in 2D only. At the end first movie did around 2,4 million.

Assassin's Creed (102 screens) suprise at boxoffice qith more then 1,2 million in first weak and after 3 weaks doing $2,256,470. Last year The Revenant start with 1,3 million and end with 7,4 million. $2,256,470 million is even more then Lalaland (95 screens) who did 2 million in 5 weaks.