the NFL thread

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Anyone gonna make a comment on the awful job the 49ers did yesterday against the Raiders?
    Anyone gonna make a comment on the awful job the 49ers did yesterday against the Raiders?

I was shocked at the result, had you down for a win, but was more gutted that the Chiefs sadly did not turn over the Cardinals to blow the race for the division wide open!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I was shocked at the result, had you down for a win, but was more gutted that the Chiefs sadly did not turn over the Cardinals to blow the race for the division wide open!

Personally not a fan of the 49ers, I'm a Packers fan.
    I was never impressed with the Philadephia Eagles. Our defense completely dismantled them and actually shut them out. All their points came on special teams and defense when they locked horns with the Niners back in September.

As for my Niners, I daresay that that Oakland game yesterday will be marked as the week when everyone in the organization, coaches, players, just essentially gave up.

Harbaugh is toast and he can take that suck ass Offensive coordinator with him. We can forget about the playoffs, now we are in free fall and just trying to avoid a last place finish in the division.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Sick of the Patriots, and sick of the refs this year......
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Like that was going to happen. >:)

The Cards offense scares me right now.

As a disgruntled Niners fan watching our team race to the bottom I got something to say:
    Our QB, always wearing those riduculous headphones around his neck during post game interviews. WTF doesn't the coach tell him :"take those things off or I'm gonna stick them up your ass".
    Some say you can't talk to these young players today like that. I say bullshytt. With the money we're paying him he can take an "old school ass chewing once in a while".

If he want to be gangsta then get gangsta on his tired ass:
    "MotherF#cker, take off those motherf#cking headphones or I'm gonna shove them up yo motherfr#cking a$$"
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Go Buffalo, huge defensive win today!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 12,243
    Congrats to Buffalo. I can't stand the Packers, so that made me happy.
    Yes, yes, Buffalo was great win. Thank you Bills for getting Green Bay off of our backs.
    Outstanding win for Buffalo! Glad we are maintaining the pressure on the Cardinals during the final run in!
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Happy to see the Packers lose.

Happier to see the Bengals defenders mock Johnny Manzel's $$$ hand gesture.
    Now that the Niners have been eliminated from playoff contention I just have to say, it was a fun three year run after nine years of famine. Only regret is we never got that sixth trophy.

We were beaten by a better Seattle team but it is difficult to win a game when both stud Running Backs get hurt and the banged up O line continue to do a half ass job of protecting our QB.
    I've made my peace with this.

I will continue to watch rest of the games and root for my team to stay out of the cellar in one of the toughest divisions in football. Let the sorry ass Rams keep the cellar to themselves.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Now that the Niners have been eliminated from playoff contention I just have to say, it was a fun three year run after nine years of famine. Only regret is we never got that sixth trophy.

We were beaten by a better Seattle team but it is difficult to win a game when both stud Running Backs get hurt and the banged up O line continue to do a half ass job of protecting our QB.
    I've made my peace with this.

I will continue to watch rest of the games and root for my team to stay out of the cellar in one of the toughest divisions in football. Let the sorry ass Rams keep the cellar to themselves.

Completley agree that it is the toughest division! Being stuck here in the UK, I will be nervous to see the result of our CRUNCH match against the Cardinals this weekend to maybe sow up the Division?
    Should the Cards win on sunday, they will clinch the division. A Seattle loss will make things even more interesting...
    Be afraid of Ryan Lindley. Be very afraid.
    Kerim wrote: »
    Be afraid of Ryan Lindley. Be very afraid.

I believe in Ryan Lindley.
    Well? Here's hoping to me waking up in the morning to a Seahawks victory tomorrow and swing the division back into our favour? Have to say it no doubt will be a massive challenge away at Arizona!
    So disappointed in the Ravens. Completely inexcusable play today; we definitely deserve to miss the playoffs. Maybe next year.
    I am disgusted beyond belief.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 12,243
    Kerim wrote: »
    I am disgusted beyond belief.

We both got dark futures ahead of ourselves I think :( bird teams gotta stick together!

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    2014nflplayoffs_zpsb51980e9.jpg

if you would've told me halfway through the season that the Steelers would not only make the playoffs, and not only have a shot to win the Division, but also be possibly staring down the barrel at the #3 seed in the AFC? I would tell you to quit doing drugs - or give me whatever it is you were smoking lol...

but this team is a night and day difference from where they started the season, they are peaking at the absolute best time, and they are playing with extreme confidence... the defense is far from the finished product, but the offense - which is the 2nd best offense in the NFL has carried the load this year, where in seasons past it's usually been the other way around...

i would love for nothing more than to see my team hoist Lombardi #7 - but i am a realist - and while they have the ability to pile on the points if needed, i do think their defense (namely the secondary) is too much of a liability, and it will ultimately be their undoing... but after back to back 8-8 seasons, it's good to see my guys trending back in the right direction.. and i will say this - if they can address and correct their secondary issues going into the future - this team will be very very scary to face...
    Go Hawks go! Well impressed we got that result away to Arizona! Highlight was i have only got through the !st quarter. Both defences impressive so far!
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Hoping the Bengals win tonight is too much. I just hope they don't embarrass themselves like they usually do in primetime.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    2014nflplayoffs_zpsb51980e9.jpg

if you would've told me halfway through the season that the Steelers would not only make the playoffs, and not only have a shot to win the Division, but also be possibly staring down the barrel at the #3 seed in the AFC? I would tell you to quit doing drugs - or give me whatever it is you were smoking lol...

but this team is a night and day difference from where they started the season, they are peaking at the absolute best time, and they are playing with extreme confidence... the defense is far from the finished product, but the offense - which is the 2nd best offense in the NFL has carried the load this year, where in seasons past it's usually been the other way around...

i would love for nothing more than to see my team hoist Lombardi #7 - but i am a realist - and while they have the ability to pile on the points if needed, i do think their defense (namely the secondary) is too much of a liability, and it will ultimately be their undoing... but after back to back 8-8 seasons, it's good to see my guys trending back in the right direction.. and i will say this - if they can address and correct their secondary issues going into the future - this team will be very very scary to face...

Being a Ravens fan, this is hard to swallow, but I congratulate you and all of the classy Steelers fans out there for your progress. I'm sure the North is yours this time.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worst for my team, we have that crazy game on Saturday nite.

Will someone tell me how Seattle owns a tie breaker over Dallas when Dallas had beaten them during the season? I thought head to head was the first tie breaker.

Congrats on the Steelers getting in.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 2,189
    That was an awesome game between Cinci and Denver! As a Pat's fan I am SO HAPPY with the outcome!!! The AFC runs through Foxborough!!!
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Just when I thought it couldn't get worst for my team, we have that crazy game on Saturday nite.

Will someone tell me how Seattle owns a tie breaker over Dallas when Dallas had beaten them during the season? I thought head to head was the first tie breaker.

Congrats on the Steelers getting in.

To be honest i do not know? Perhaps it goes on divisional game performances and not head to head?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

if both Dallas and Seattle have identical records to finish the season, then Dallas should own the tiebreaker over Seattle, according to NFL rules, the first step in the tiebreaker procedure (if it's non-divisional teams) is head-to-head... so since Dallas beat them, Dallas would own the tiebreaker.... i don't see how Dallas could not get it...

its the same situation the Steelers are in right now actually - if they beat Cinci on sunday, then the Steelers would leap frog over Indy for the #3 seed, since they would both have identical w/l records, and Pitt beat Indy during the season.. if Pitt wins and Indy loses, then it's automatic - no need for the tiebreaker..

Who will you be rooting for when the playoffs start? If your team is not in then who do you go for?

I'm kinda a bitter old Niner Faithful
    I don't want to see Dallas get that sixth trophy before we do..
    I'm not ready to see Green Bay get its fifth but since it took them more than 40 years to achieve it (while we did it in just 13) then I guess its okay...
    I can't stand Brady and Bellichek and would not want to see them hoist another Lombardi
    finally I don't want to see Seahawks repeat.

Your thoughts, words, sour grapes?