LEGENDS with Sean Bean

A spy movie with Sean Bean ? Made from the guys that were part of 24 ? Yes, please.

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Looking forward to this.
    Looks pretty good, although it feels the premise is sounding like the Bourne Identity?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is a new TV show and I am excited about it. I have loved Sean Bean for many years now. :)
    Watching the first episode now ... has anyone already seen it? What did you think?
    I really enjoy Sean Bean and so far (I'm 15 minutes into it) it's pretty good. I hope this is a really good show.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Bean's stuttering American was unintentionally funny as hell.
    Well, I thought the show did not bring much new to the genre. But - and it is its saving grace - Sean Bean is just so watchable and a good actor. So I'll keep watching it. I think it would be good if the future stories give us more depth, more real scares or just a meatier story. And I found the one character
    the woman who is in charge of field operations, what was her name ... anyway, she doesn't have much gravitas or palpable strength to counter balance Sean well; at least not yet.
    I've only seen the first one, but I'll keep watching.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He better not die. Honestly, the "new cover every week" might get boring, if that's what they do, but the over-arching plot seems good, though clichéd.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bean to die in the final episode of the last season :P
    I agree the premise has a hefty pinch of Bourne. The difference seemingly being that the undercover agents here have not been gifted with with physical and mental prowess other than the ability to extemporise under duress. Not sure that's likely to be as entertaining as watching Bourne single-handedly subdue a small army.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459
    He is guaranteed not to die, according to various press sources. :)
  • Watched the first episode of this the other night and I really enjoyed it. Sean Bean was great, he's pretty much playing multiple characters because of the secret identities and he does a great job, the baddies were good and there was lots of tension. I'm looking forward to watching the next one.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Ah, I think it has gotten better with each episode! I am thru the sixth one. Hope you all enjoy this show.
    I can't remember which one just aired here, but I'm enjoying it immensely. The sad thing is that the creators have themselves backed into a corner. They can either expose the conspiracy this season and piss off the "serialization" crowd that wants show creators to extend plots to multiple seasons, or they can keep it for a further season, and risk cancellation turning the conspiracy into an unresolved cliffhanger. The safest option is to deal with the conspiracy now, because as much as I like the show, it won't surprise me if it gets canceled.
    I do hope they resolve the main questions this season. It has gotten better and better, in my opinion. Love Sean Bean in this. Looking forward to the next episode in two days. :)
    Thankfully, it looks to me like they'll resolve the conspiracy in the season finale.
    Finale airs here tomorrow night. This is a well-done series with plenty of action and, of course, Sean Bean, without whom this series might not work. With a generic pretty boy, the series would be so so, but Bean is an "actor." By playing multiple characters (legends), we are treated to Bean's ample talent.

edited October 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Exactly. This show is really good because of Sean. I get to see the finale on the 15th, and he next to last one tomorrow. I hope it ends well because it has been building well.
    Saw second to last episode - loved it!
    They are not going the completely predictable route, not in the predictable timing of disclosures anyway.
    Definitely excited for the finale episode in one week.
    The finale showed me that GoldenEye was all wrong. Brosnan should have been cast as Trevelyen, while Bean should have been Bond. Bean's best acting thus far is in that finale.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So the general consensus is that this is worth watching? I was interested in watching it but never got around to it with how many TV shows I'm currently juggling.
    YES it is well worth watching. :)
    No finale spoilers please anybody; I have a one week wait to see that one!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So the general consensus is that this is worth watching? I was interested in watching it but never got around to it with how many TV shows I'm currently juggling.
    For me, the show started off a tad slow, and initially seemed like a generic crime drama with the exception of Bean and his character. However, it gets significantly better with each episode. I'd definitely recommend it- the final episode has left me itching for more.

On the Bond tip, in one of the episodes, Bean has his hair slicked back while holding an automatic weapon, and of course it immediately reminded me of Trevelyan, and him chasing Bond on the cradle. \m/
    What are the ratings of this show so far ? Will it be renewed for season 2 ?
    I was able to see the finale - LOVED it! :-bd
    It really did get better as it went along. I would have watched it for Sean anyway, and I thought at first it would be predictable. But it was better than that, thankfully.

I am guessing the ratings are fair enough. I do hope it is picked up for a 2nd season.
    I just read on an obscure Yahoo article that besides Rizzoli and Isles being picked up, Legends was renewed. Yay! Now that makes me happy.
    Same here. I was, quite frankly, certain that it would be cancelled. Ratings didn't seem to be doing it any favors, and any critical support (reviewers and the like) didn't really seem to like it. Thank God it's coming back next year.
    Well, it's about time.
    Yay! Looking forward to this. Because I love Sean Bean. That is the reason. He is still compelling for me.
    Sooooo it's been canceled :'(