When Bond pops into your head and inspires you.

Started running again over last month, today i hit quite a steep hill with god knows how many steps. Was a buzz running up them, i almost wavered right at the end for a second and Bond running up steps to catch Locke from FYEO Popped into my head and i just stepped up a gear. Are there instances you can recall when Bond randomly inspired you. Admittedly i did watch the film a few days ago, very fresh in memory.

Comments

• edited August 2014 Posts: 654
    Last month I had to chase a car by foot. Yes, I'm serious... The car first dropped me off, and then just when it drove away I suddenly realized that my wallet was still in it. I started to run after it and put on the Gibraltar score from TLD. And boy did I run... The car pulled over and catched up with it and got my wallet. I walked around feeling like Bond the rest of that day... ;)
    That's really cool @fromswedenwithlove glad you got your wallet back. There are many times i randomly hum a Bond theme, it does have a positive psychological effect lol
  • That's really cool @fromswedenwithlove glad you got your wallet back. There are many times i randomly hum a Bond theme, it does have a positive psychological effect lol

Same here. When ever I need to focus I lay the Bondtheme on Spotify. ;)
    Have a Bond training play list, OHMSS, Where has every body gone, You know my name, Kobe Docks, Surrender and the underwater scene music from TB Great tracks. Been listening to AVTAK Soundtrack recently quite alot, its pretty good. Shame Moore was well past it, regards to convincing action.
  • Have a Bond training play list, OHMSS, Where has every body gone, You know my name, Kobe Docks, Surrender and the underwater scene music from TB Great tracks. Been listening to AVTAK Soundtrack recently quite alot, its pretty good. Shame Moore was well past it, regards to convincing action.

Yeah, look's like Walken could take him down with one smack...
    Lol no doubt, has better dialog.
    When ordering a cocktail. Anything other than vodka martini of course.

Even if I liked martinis I couldn't order one with a straight face.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, a vodka martini and trying to feel like Bind just doesn't work by default; in fact it's cringing.

Anyway, since the start of this year I've been taking regular trips to France; Nice, Cannes and Monaco to be exact but mainly Nice. Sometimes I'm there just for 2 days which helps because I live 30mins away from London City Airport (thank God for the dlr train) and Nice is a 1 hour flight away, everything is just so convenient! That being said, I'm often jet skiing for 30mins every time I'm there. I look down at My SKYFALL Aqua terra and start humming the Bond theme as loud as I can when I'm going super fast. It's one of the best experiences to feel like Bond; not just because if the jet skiing itself but because of the location too; that being said, there's a bank holiday weekend coming up in about 2 weeks; time to start booking!
    Very nice - I haven't been for a couple of years, but I used to do exactly the same trip a couple of times a year. Less for the jet skiing, more for the eating and drinking!
    Eze or Antibes usually. Must go back again soon.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Definitely! To be perfectly honest, I mainly went for the scenic atmosphere and gorgeous weather. Flying into Nice is one of the best views I've ever seen. The jet skiing was something initially I did just to kill time as I was too lazy to walk along that incredibly long strip to get into the town centre. Since then, I can't go to Nice without jet skiing for at least half an hour and yes, the food and drink are fantastic. The first time I went I ended up gaining a bit of weight! Hahaha.
    I have never ordered a vodka martini, not been to a bar for years, would appear i am a bore. ill order that some day.