When Bond was given a helping hand.

edited June 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 6,432
Post when you thought the production and creative team accommodated for the actor who was playing Bond at that time.

No doubt an obvious choice, i felt during Roger Moores later years John Barrys music became progressively slower, to accommodate Moores lets say lack of agility.

Comments

• edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    As much as I like him, Lazenby had a ton of help from the director and talented supporting cast. Look at literally every other movie he's starred in and it's obvious how well we was carried in OHMSS
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    As much as I like him, Lazenby had a ton of help from the director and talented supporting cast. Look at literally every other movie he's starred in and it's obvious how well we was carried in OHMSS

OHMSS one of my favourite Bond movies, Lazenby was carried by a good cast and some editing to say the least. The film has amazing locations and soundtrack is one of the best. I like George though often you don't think too much about his performance as the film is extremely good, my opinion obviously. Still think he is a convincing Bond and they did carry him admittedly.
    No doubt an obvious choice, i felt during Roger Moores later years John Barrys music became progressively slower, to accommodate Moores lets say lack of agility.
    All the henchmen Moore fought In AVTAK looked like they were hand picked as 'guys we could believe Moore could beat up'
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    All the henchmen Moore fought In AVTAK looked like they were hand picked as 'guys we could believe Moore could beat up'

One of the henchman was a none speaking actor from a British soap (Big Ron from Eastenders, not sure what country your ere from) Convinced also that Mcnee was picked to make Moore look younger. Bond getting in bed with Mayday was absurd in that film lol
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    In the italian version, George Lazenby is helped a lot by the brilliant voice actor (which is, by the way, the same who voiced Connery and Moore). This way, even the critisicm towards Lazenby's (supposed) bad acting is non-existent.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

One of the henchman was a none speaking actor from a British soap (Big Ron from Eastenders, not sure what country your ere from) Convinced also that Mcnee was picked to make Moore look younger. Bond getting in bed with Mayday was absurd in that film lol

Yes, that's right about Big Ron. I noticed that early on. He's the one with the beard in the electronics factory.

Laz played for some very bad directors after OHMSS. It's fair to say that any talented actor would look bad given bad directions or bad scripts. If you don't believe me, think about DAD. Brosnan's lack of appreciation among the members of this forum started with the viewing of the second part of DAD.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    When I read the title of this thread, my mind went to very dark places... :(
    I think the biggest helping hand Bond had was with Pola Ivanova in that Turkish hot tub! ;)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I think the biggest helping hand Bond had was with Pola Ivanova in that Turkish hot tub! ;)

The bubbles tickled her Tchaikovsky. ;-)
    RogueAgent wrote:

The bubbles tickled her Tchaikovsky. ;-)

As Churchill would say? "OH YES!!!!" :))