Bond's Dress-Cringeworth--WTH Were they thinking??

edited May 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
Bond has his style and he usually wears his clothes well. However there were some cases where Bond donned an outfilt that makes my butt want a pinch snuff.

Connery That riduculous powder blue terry cloth thing he dons in GF while in Miami--ugh!
Lazenby The kilt and that ruffled shirt. I mean, wow.
Moore Clown disguise?
Dalton He always looked good and never donned anything outrageous
Brosnan That Royal Navy uniform in TND just did not look right on him.
Craig Like Dalton, he shows good taste in clothing.

Comments

The only cringeworthy dress I've seen Bond in was a dress.
    The only cringeworthy dress I've seen Bond in was a dress.
    ugliest woman ever!
    :-O
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Brosnan That Royal Navy uniform in TND just did not look right on him.
    Really? I didn't think it was that bad. Not cringeworthy bad as the thread title suggest anyways.
    I disagree with many on the list: Connery in GF was wearing something practical, heck he was out of a pool, he just needed to cover his bathing suit. He was far from elegant, but he didn't have to be. I always thought Lazenby looked ok in that kilt, but the fluffy shirt he had in a previous scene was not so good. Moore disguised himself as a clown in OP for practical reasons and it ended up with a very suspenseful scene because of the clown outfit. Brosnan was fine in that Navy suit (and I am not a fan of TND). Dalton in general had the right clothes, but the harcut in LTK I never liked.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Cringeworthy? Laz's disguise as Sir Hiliary with the pipe and hat felt a bit off.

Connery in that weird brown golf club like jacket near the end of DAF.

Also I suppose there was Craig who looked like a member of the Village People dressed as that driver.

57 year old Moore in an "old geezer" leather jacket.

Brosnan in that black jumper during the Iceland scenes in DAD. Makes him look a bit porky.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    One that's always bothered me was Rog's green getup when he was in Thailand in TMWTGG. Granted it was the 70's, and the 70's were a bad decade for fashion, but it still looks awful,
    Why are people saying Bond's disguises are cringeworthy...there disguises, not clothes he is going to wear out clubbing or to the mall.
    Agreed. He had to disguise as a clown, a driver, etc. Him in his pajamas in that Hong Kong hotel was cringeworthy, but it was the circumstances, not the clothes, that were an issue.
    TakeASip wrote:
    Why are people saying Bond's disguises are cringeworthy...there disguises, not clothes he is going to wear out clubbing or to the mall.
    And why are people ignoring the mention that there is already another thread on this?

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    I have no problem with Bond's disguises (in fact, the clown suit made that scene intense, Bond trying to get across to the American General that there is a bloody bomb in that crate!).

I don't mind Lazenby's kilt, either. Without it, we wouldn't have had that stiffness scene...

I think all the Bond's don their attire well, with a special mention to Connery's suits and Dan's tuxedo.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Some of Rog's '70s outfits were cringeworthy. '70s style was an abomination IMO.
    Sean looked good in everthing he wore, even pink ties and blue bath-robes. Sean is simply awesome, always, across the board.
    Broz, Laz, Dalts and Craig all look quite fine IMO.
    Only exception, Craig in those awful nut-squeezing blue trunks. :-O