New James Bond 007 cologne to be released by Procter and Gamble in 2012

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited June 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
The James Bond 007 franchise will be reactivated in 2012 in perfume form. Procter and Gamble have announced that a masculine cologne inspired by the suave spy icon will be launched under their aegis. The fragrance developing will be conducted under a licensing agreement - reports <a href="http://www.wwd.com/"; target="_blank">WWD</a>.

The last time the famous spy inspired perfumery was when Avon launched a fragrance called Bond Girl 007 in 2008, followed by a spicier flanker, Bond Girl 007 Forever in 2009. The fragrance event was meant to mark the opening of the movie Quantum of Solace.

P&G do not say that they are operating under any impulse given by the film industry. But P&Gs project no doubt will be able to mesh with both the new James Bond movie directed by Sam Mendes and featuring Daniel Craig released in October 2012 and the Holiday gift-buying season.

Bill Brace, vice president of P&G's prestige division, said the fragrance was "a good opportunity to give men access to the high-end world of 007. James Bond has the right ingredients to delight men with a fragrance: it's timeless, aspirational, iconic..."

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As I, shamefully, haven't read Fleming's novels in quite some time, does Fleming describe what type Bond does or might wear? If so, why not try to bottle up that for the big 50th anniversary, with a "smell like Bond" tagline?

OK, maybe not that last part.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This just popped in my YouTube sub box:
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Not a bad video.

Maybe not a bad smell.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I hope I won't smell a rat... ;-)
    I like that video. Using clips from three films too! Sneaky.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I hope I won't smell a rat... ;-)

Or a tart's handkerchief.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

A GOLDEN limited edition is coming next Christmas.

14lrl3l.jpg

Thanks for all the promotional updates. The awareness of this should be high come release. I love the gold edition!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    There's a store in East London where I buy my blue da chanel from and they're getting this Bond fragrance in on the 9th September and are selling the 120ml bottle for just £40
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Like I said in the other thread (by the way, I think there is no need for 2 independent threads about this) it smells wonderful!
    In Germany the 50mL bottle costs around €30 in case anybody is interested.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Damn.. Its still not available in Singapore... I want it!
  • Anyone know when this gets a USA release?
    Looked in a couple of stores today and neither of them had it? L-)
    Where are you based @RogueAgent? I know in London they go on general release on the 19th September.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Where are you based @RogueAgent? I know in London they go on general release on the 19th September.

In the UK but not London. I am more central UK. The date explains that then? But there is not even any promotional material for it in the shops neither to say its coming soon?
  • @bondboy: I called P&G customer service and they claim it is already in finer department stores in the US, including Nordstrom, Macy and Dillards. Called all three in Nashville and they never heard of it.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 11,139
    I just bought the 75ml version from a fragrance shop in east London, not the usual one I go to as they didn't have it yet but the whole thing seems weird. Some stores have them in stock but won't put them up for sale until the 17th of September and in some cases the 19th and yet there are a few places like where I went that are already selling them.

Anyway, the fragrance smells great abd the good news us, it's a permanent fixture as opposed to a short term promo offer because if the new film and the50th anniversary. I highly reccomend this to all. What's even more weird is, I can actually see all the Bond's especially Craig smelling of this fragrance.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 27
    More on US release. Nordstrom customer service say PG not releasing here yet. But you can order a free sample at http://www.007fragrances.com/fragrance/
  • I'm buying this for sure! :)
    "Quantum" is the new fragrance. Already available at Harrods.

jbbr_quantum_xl.jpg

More info: http://jbbr.co/12qcvsV
    ^ Another variation. I look forward to giving this a go.
  • Procter and Gamble, just great. So you'll smell great but your b@ll$ will fall off.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's good to see this really branching out. The first two were very nice and I'm sure this will be just as good.
    It's great to see that they are selling well, I didn't think it would take off!
    "Quantum" is the new fragrance. Already available at Harrods.

jbbr_quantum_xl.jpg

More info: http://jbbr.co/12qcvsV

I am sure I will get this off somebody for Christmas this year? [-O< :D
    The official James Bond social networks announced today that the new QUANTUM fragrance is available exclusively from Harrods from today. New video and photos below:

uaqb.jpg

od43.jpg

edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    One lives in hope there's only one reason why they've chosen that name. Thank you for the video @marketto007.

EDIT: I thought we'd had more discussion somewhere:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3795/the-bond-fragrance
    I just hope it smells better than the last one
  • how about a JW Pepper cologne? It can smell like a pork roast or an elephant.
    "aww honey they demmycrats"
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I one lives in hope there's only one reason why they've chosen that name. Thank you for the video @marketto007.

EDIT: I thought we'd had more discussion somewhere:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3795/the-bond-fragrance

Yes, I wonder the same :-?