Bond villains who could have survived

edited March 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 13
First thread!

Now, it's generally agreed that messing with James Bond, his country, or anyone he cares about is not an avenue one should pursue should one hope to live a long and productive life. Nevertheless, it seems there were several of his opponents whose fates were decidedly ambiguous. This is the thread for discussing them. Sometimes the ambiguity could've been intentional, other times it was down to silly special effects in their death scenes. The following villains, I think, require a bit more proof before we can declare them dead.

Morzeny: He hit the water quite soon after being lit on fire. Third-degree burns yes, dead? Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps he joined the Russian Army? *shot*

Osato's Driver: The bonk to the head he received looked only slightly more fatal than the tap on the shoulder that apparently killed the dad in Tommy. You'd think someone from the same family as Dwayne Johnson could endure more than that...

Mr. Kidd: See Morzeny. Could he live without his boyfriend, though?

Whisper: This is more about WANTING him to survive than actually thinking he did. Whisper was a horrible person, true, but I don't think anyone deserves suffocation. Sure hope Bond let the CIA know he was in there.

General Koskov: Yeah, I doubt the Russians would be very happy with him when he got home, but he's still one of the very few Bond villains whose ultimate defeat involves no bodily injury in any way.

Anyone think of anyone else?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.