Your Bond location pilgrimages.

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Travelling north to visit family on Friday, I stopped for lunch at the DC-6 Diner just outside Coventry Airport. This, as the name suggests, is Douglas DC-6 G-SIXC, now a café.

Pretty much the last thing she did before her conversion was appear in CR's Miami Airport scene. There are also covert ops with the CIA in her past.

It's a bit of a tenuous 'location', but it was a good lunch. And if, like me, you never bothered to grow up, you can even sit in the cockpit!

500px-CR.jpg
    213211_600.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    In May I will visit the barn where Tracy and Bond hide and make love.
    Just to be clear, that's no joke, it still exists and can be visited. Almost all of OHMSS location's still exist.

Piz Gloria looks better than ever, was there in February.
    Fab, @BondJasonBond006 - can you give me a clue as to barn location so I can add it to my ever-growing To Visit map?
    I saw M's mansion (well, the entrance) in Marlow recently. Sorry for the alliteration. I have a pic or two.
    On my way to the Norfolk coast on Friday I stopped off at Old Buckenham Airfield for lunch and a photo opportunity with the tank from Goldeneye:

33992878323_8165f80aab_c.jpg
    I was at Buckingham Palace on Saturday, filming location for Die Another Day.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Cool @Agent_99 !! Did you visit the museum as well?
    Cool @Agent_99 !! Did you visit the museum as well?

Yes - it was great! Small but full of stuff; one of those wonderful collections that comes together out of one person's determination and passion. And I'm always happy to look at aircraft memorabilia.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    haha me too! Hope to visit it too one day, sounds like a great place.
  • 007bondUK007bondUK England
    Hi all

I've had the hobby of hunting out film locations for a few years now and as a Bond fan I've visited as many of those as I can from Goldfinger, Moonraker, A View to A Kill, O.H.M.S.S., Skyfall and Spectre to name a few.

Bond aside I'm sure I've visited a few other places for other movies many might like so I thought I'd post about it to see if anyone else did anything like this?

If yes it would be good to say "hello" and/or follow on social media. That aside if anyone wanted to know where any of those locations are and wanted precise details then let me know.

I have two formats, my preferred size which I have uploaded on my personal website: http://filmlocationhunter.co.uk/

I also had to create another version for Instagram to fit into their image specifications which you can see here: https://www.instagram.com/justin_wilkinson/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks for your reply to my earlier question on the other thread @007bondUK. I didn't realize that you had inserted the location information on your personal website, because I only previously visited your instagram site.

It's rather unfortunate your other thread was unceremoniously closed down without the courtesy of transferring the ongoing discussion here. Especially so since your post relates to non-Bond location pilgrimages as much as it does Bond ones.

I'll repeat again what I mentioned on the other stub thread: Excellent work and I really admire your dedication. I will be going through your photos closely and seeing which spots I might consider visiting personally in the future. In that regard, you've done me a great favour. Thank you.
  • RC7RC7
    Yesterday I returned from a 3 day trip to France, where I visited the Chateau's featured in TB (D'Anet), MR (Vaux-le-Vicomte) and AVTAK (Chantilly) with a group of Bond fan mates. So many great locations. Particularly enjoyed making the run Connery did to the jet pack in TB.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2017 Posts: 10,512
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Good job @RC7 . My one time in France it didn't even occur to my to find Bond locations. Next time!

Certainly! If you do end up in Europe any time soon let me know - will happily help you with planning any Bond tours.
  • 007bondUK007bondUK England
    RC7 wrote: »
    Yesterday I returned from a 3 day trip to France, where I visited the Chateau's featured in TB (D'Anet), MR (Vaux-le-Vicomte) and AVTAK (Chantilly) with a group of Bond fan mates. So many great locations. Particularly enjoyed making the run Connery did to the jet pack in TB.

That's cool. Did you take any photos and of the three Chateau's which did you enjoy the most? Personally I liked Chantilly.
    And I thought my parents had dragged me round every chateau in the Loire when I was a kid. Apparently they missed out all the exciting ones!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Vaux-le-Vicomte is definitely on the list for my next visit to France (I've wanted to visit since I saw MR as a kid). I had never considered Chateau de Chantilly before but 007bondUK's great photos from the location have inspired me to add that to the list too.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Spend the last week in Milan and drove up to Lake Como to see the Villa Gaete from CR, and it was a trully beautiful landscape.
    The highlight though was my trip to the famous Verzasca dam where i did the Bungy Jump from Goldeneye. Both locations are just one driving hour apart, and one and a half hours from Milan. Perfect for a day trip and highly recommended.

@Agent_99, you wanted to know about my jump, it was Amazing. What a weird feeling.
    I was very nervous at the start, but once i did it i would not hesitate to jump again.
    Great team and instructors there as well.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Agent wrote: »
    Spend the last week in Milan and drove up to Lake Como to see the Villa Gaete from CR, and it was a trully beautiful landscape.
    The highlight though was my trip to the famous Verzasca dam where i did the Bungy Jump from Goldeneye. Both locations are just one driving hour apart, and one and a half hours from Milan. Perfect for a day trip and highly recommended.

@Agent_99, you wanted to know about my jump, it was Amazing. What a weird feeling.
    I was very nervous at the start, but once i did it i would not hesitate to jump again.

Did the guy say 'Welcome back Mr Bond' when they hauled you back up?

That made it for me as it's not often you get called Mr Bond after doing something outrageously Bondian. I tried to look as nonchalant as possible but sadly had no cufflinks to adjust.
    Went to Gibraltar last week and did a crap photo-re-enactment of the Dalton jump. Sadly I can't get seem to get a photo up on here :(

P.s. Those little shits monkeys were under-represented in TLD.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    I'm looking forward to going up the top of the O2 (formerly the Millenium Dome)next week, which Bond tumbles down at the end of TWINE's PTS. Looking forward to pulling some poses!

OK, I'm sold, it's on the list! Thank you.

Are you doing Up at the O2, @OnlyManWhoCan? I've been considering that too...
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    @Agent_99 I am indeed! I will report back. Looking at the pictures you don't walk along the surface but I am still treating it like a Bond location.

Living in London I must have passed many Bond locations hundreds of times but this one feels particularly special. It's even cooler as I'm getting to do it for free as it relates to work.

the-world-is-not-enough-78.png?w=590&h=368
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Did the guy say 'Welcome back Mr Bond' when they hauled you back up?

That made it for me as it's not often you get called Mr Bond after doing something outrageously Bondian. I tried to look as nonchalant as possible but sadly had no cufflinks to adjust.

nah, they did't say that lol.
    I might have mistaken him for Blofeld and thown him off the dam, so it's better that way.
    Living in London I must have passed many Bond locations hundreds of times but this one feels particularly special. It's even cooler as I'm getting to do it for free as it relates to work.

Lucky you! Looking forward to the report.

I'm also a Londoner, and paying slightly more attention to Bond locations these days. I went to the skating rink at Somerset House in January, and was very amused about skating round 'St Petersburg'.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    My backyard. Where they filmed the Moonraker boat chase
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Does anyone know the location used in the boat chase scene from FRWL. I know it's in Scotland somewhere.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It's up on the west coast just south of Oban I need to look at my notes from a couple of years ago but off the top of my head the lower part of Loch Melfort is pretty close hope that is of some use to you Stag.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I just got back from Piz Gloria. Its quite an amazing place the way they have kept it. Exactly like the film with a nice musuem there too. Its a must for any fan of ohmss
  • I just got back from Piz Gloria. Its quite an amazing place the way they have kept it. Exactly like the film with a nice musuem there too. Its a must for any fan of ohmss

Dang, that must have been a sweet trip. I definitely plan to get to Piz Gloria someday. Is it still a restaurant? Did you try the food? Get any skiing in? Play any curling?
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    It's up on the west coast just south of Oban I need to look at my notes from a couple of years ago but off the top of my head the lower part of Loch Melfort is pretty close hope that is of some use to you Stag.

Thank you. I'm planning a trip to Scotland at some stage and wanted to swing by the location.