So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

• I can't wait to toss out All Time High. The only good thing to come out of that song was Mark Wahlberg making an ass of himself with it in Ted.

Still better than Katy Perry...
    QBranch wrote:
    After going through the previous pages, there are many suggestions which have been missed:

Soundtracks - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Composers - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Directors - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Allies - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Novels - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Felix Leiters - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Actor Elements - votes (Mentioned by @sirseanisbond)
    Film Finales - votes (Mentioned by @Creasy47)
    Ms - votes (Mentioned by @Soundofthesinners)
    Moneypennies - votes (Mentioned by @Soundofthesinners)

Note: I haven't including any of the votes for these, as some of them are unclear. Perhaps one of the hosts could go back to count them.

Active / completed games
    Bond Villains - (created by @barryt007) (2014-03-06) - finished - Winner: Blofeld (OHMSS)
    Bond Films - (created by @Thunderfinger) (2014-03-12) - finished - Winner: FRWL
    Bonds - (created by @Murdock) (2014-05-19) - finished - Winner: Sean Connery
    Bond Girls - (created by @Creasy47) (2014-05-27) - active

Also, the PTS game was originally mentioned by @Thunderfinger, not I.

I'm confused. Are we still voting? And can I vote for my own? "My Bond Actor Elements Game" wasn't in the initial voting. What's up? Whats going on?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I support @benny 's suggestion for Main Poster, including non-canon Bond films (CR '67, NSNA), in case we are still collecting votes.
    The next elimination game is "Title Songs". Just waiting on @StirredNotShaken to start it.
    Bloody hell peeps,do we really have to include the unofficial Bond films ? ...i can semi understand NSNA but not the other one,which is just an embarassment.
    Including Non-cannon films is wrong. Where does it end? Including Austin Powers?
    Including Non-cannon films is wrong. Where does it end? Including Austin Powers?

Agreed 100% !!!
    I want to do a battle of the M's as well
    The next elimination game is "Title Songs". Just waiting on @StirredNotShaken to start it.

So wait, the voting is over? Already? How long did it go on for, a day? We should at least vote on them for three days, if not a week. People are going to be out of touch over the next few days with the holiday coming up Friday so we should keep voting. Also I've been petitioning for my "Great Bond Actor Elements Game" for quite some time now and it wasn't even included in the voting that I already seem to have missed...

So wait, the voting is over? Already? How long did it go on for, a day? We should at least vote on them for three days, if not a week. People are going to be out of touch over the next few days with the holiday coming up Friday so we should keep voting. Also I've been petitioning for my "Great Bond Actor Elements Game" for quite some time now and it wasn't even included in the voting that I already seem to have missed...
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396

Then why don't you bitch and whine to the mods instead. It was @DarthDimi who confirmed the next game.

And quite frankly, with your attitude, I'm not surprised you didn't win a single vote for yours.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Voting is over. Dimi announced voting, and when 'The Great Bond Title Song Elimination Game' received enough votes, it was deemed the next game.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Besides, every one will get their shot sooner or later, that is if we don't cock it up... Then we'd all be buggered. ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wouldn't Dr. No's title song be the James Bond theme itself? On various compilation albums The James Bond Theme always has Dr. No attached to it.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,622
    where is this best song game anway? I don't see it anywhere?
    timmer wrote:

@StirredNotShaken (when I looked last night) was last online June 30th, so it may not be created for a few days. I mean, anyone could create it, but I'd feel bad if one of us took his idea and went ahead and made the game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    timmer wrote:

@StirredNotShaken (when I looked last night) was last online June 30th, so it may not be created for a few days. I mean, anyone could create it, but I'd feel bad if one of us took his idea and went ahead and made the game.

Somebody originally did that to me. But fortunately it was closed when the whole elimination game exploded and I got to make the game I had in my mind.

If SNS doesn't show up soon, I'll ask someone else to run the game for us. ;-)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,368
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    timmer wrote:

Somebody originally did that to me. But fortunately it was closed when the whole elimination game exploded and I got to make the game I had in my mind.

Glad you still got to make yours! Your thread's still open for discussion, and I'm sure @SNS will be on soon. If not, someone else will run it, as Dimi said.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    How about Set Designs? Think about it, one could choose from, let's say Dr No's Circular Room, Goldfinger's Rumpus room and the Cathedral of Gold, the volcano set or maybe the supertanker set from Spy?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,879
    I love the idea, @royale65! GF, YOLT, Spy and MR would surely be at the top. That's one vote from me.
    Yarp, me as well. If it garners some positive feedback, I'll set it up, as soon as I get the green light.
    I like the idea, would be interesting to see which set designs you choose for which film. I say if enough of us agree, we should do that after the Great Bond Girl Elimination Game, unless Dimi or some of the other mods just want to turn it to voting again.
    I think we should stick to our current method, gents. ;-) We can always vote, can't we? :)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I think we should stick to our current method, gents. ;-) We can always vote, can't we? :)

Sounds good to me! Plus, at the rate the Great Bond Girl Elimination Game is going, it appears that it might take a while, so it looks like I will end up getting to a point where I start cutting votes. It's somewhat of a close game, so deducting an even amount of points from each girl won't harm anything, it'll only speed it up. Eager to get to some more games.
    Cool @DarthDimi. Can @QBranch add it to his list? I'll be interested if it gets anymore feedback.
    royale65 wrote:
    Cool @DarthDimi. Can @QBranch add it to his list? I'll be interested if it gets anymore feedback.

The list that @QBranch made included the game ideas before Dimi started voting. I made a list of the ones after voting, so if both of those are compiled, yours can be added to it. Then when my game is over, we can post that list up and have people vote on who wants what. I'm really liking the set design game idea you have, so I hope that's up next! :-)
    Ok, thanks @Creasy47 :-).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Both lists compiled.

Elimination Games For:

Henchmen - votes (Mentioned by @SuperheroSith)
    Villain's Weapons - votes (Mentioned by @barryt007)
    Gadgets - votes (Mentioned by @QBranch)
    PTSs - votes (Mentioned by @Thunderfinger)
    Bond Cars - votes (Mentioned by @QBranch)
    Main Titles - votes (Mentioned by @Benny)
    Main Posters - votes (Mentioned by @Benny)
    Video Games - votes (Mentioned by @Risico007)[/quote]
    Soundtracks - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Composers - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Directors - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Allies - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Novels - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Felix Leiters - votes (Mentioned by @StirredNotShaken)
    Actor Elements - votes (Mentioned by @sirseanisbond)
    Film Finales - votes (Mentioned by @Creasy47)
    Ms - votes (Mentioned by @Soundofthesinners)
    Moneypennies - votes (Mentioned by @Soundofthesinners)
    Set Designs - votes (Mentioned by @royale65)

I haven't included any votes in that list, as I'm guessing the voting will start from scratch when one of the current games ends.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Might I put forward the best stunt elimination game, so as to include the best stand out stunts from each film, i.e Ski jump from TSWLM, parkour chase from CR, climbing fall from FYEO etc.