.........popper and zipper.....Americanism's in Bond

edited January 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
Everyone who is British,i hope,found John Cleese saying that line in TWINE surprising,especially in front of Desmond Llewellyn as Q,as not needed and a nudge that ,possibly,Bond was now marketing towards our American cousins and not its home British audience.

Any comments and any more experiences of this you can think of ?

Comments

yeah well im out of touch...i will delete it...and me,thanks for the heads up.
    can someone let me know how to delete my account,i was one of the main men once on 'KTBEU' but i think its time for the youngen's to carry on ..help an old fart out
  • "My cell phone unlocks the car" that always annoyed me. We call it a mobile over here Bond you twonk.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I hope you stick with us Barry. Please don't leave over such a small issue.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I think the Brosnan films, especially, catered to our American cousins. I don't think the Craig films have done so?
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    barryt007 wrote:
    can someone let me know how to delete my account,i was one of the main men once on 'KTBEU' but i think its time for the youngen's to carry on ..help an old fart out

No please stay @barryt007. We need our veteran members to stay now more than ever.
    royale65 wrote:
    I think the Brosnan films, especially, catered to our American cousins. I don't think the Craig films have done so?

"She left her cellphone".

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well don't forget the Producers are Americans so of course there will be some of that in the script. Also it's just like with Licence Revoked being changed Licence to Kill. Though those little things don't bother me.
This discussion has been closed.