Goldfinger Deleted Knox Scene - hoax?

edited January 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 4
I was just thinking recently, how I couldn't remember any deleted scenes from Goldfinger bluray. When I searched online, I found this link. It seems like a hoax to me though...
http://goarticles.com/article/Goldfinger-Bond-Film-s-Deleted-Scene/1465964/

Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sounds a lot of tosh to me most likely it's been made up.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've heard this story before. I think it was in the script but never filmed.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    It's total hogwash.
    Stephen Wilson you are an utter ****

End of.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Might I surgest CLUNK !
  • Hmm, if it's the script, anyone have a copy of an official script?
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    It's not from any script. Presumably it was made up by some sad b******. The dialogue is so terribly laughable it makes Purvis & Wade read like Shakespeare! X_X
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I know that there is atleast one deleted scene from GF, a picture appears on the Ultimate Edition sleeve from 2008. Where Bond clothed in this stealth outfit shares a drink with Pussy.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    AberAber wrote:
    Hmm, if it's the script, anyone have a copy of an official script?

It's clearly made up rubbish. It was never in the GF script to start with as its author can't even spell "Leiter" correctly.
  • MrBond wrote:
    I know that there is atleast one deleted scene from GF, a picture appears on the Ultimate Edition sleeve from 2008. Where Bond clothed in this stealth outfit shares a drink with Pussy.

This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDFINGER-DVD-2007-Ultimate-Edition-2-Disc-Set-Sean-Connery-James-Bond-007-/141151273238?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item20dd458116

Can anyone confirm deleted scenes on it?
  • That looks like the ending to me. 1:48:35 in movie.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    AberAber wrote:
    That looks like the ending to me. 1:48:35 in movie.

But they do not share a drink in the ending of the film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Could be a promotional still.
  • If I remember correctly, it was put on YouTube, but promptly taken down.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    TheBondFan wrote:
    If I remember correctly, it was put on YouTube, but promptly taken down.

It never existed. The guy who made this article up did it to advertise his website.
    JamesPage wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:

It never existed. The guy who made this article up did it to advertise his website.

I remember seeing this article about a year and a half ago, and it looked legitimate to me. Are you for sure that it's a hoax? Given Guy Hamilton's general direction style, and Goldfinger as a whole, it doesn't seem unlikely that this scene would have appeared initially.
    00Beast wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:

I remember seeing this article about a year and a half ago, and it looked legitimate to me. Are you for sure that it's a hoax? Given Guy Hamilton's general direction style, and Goldfinger as a whole, it doesn't seem unlikely that this scene would have appeared initially.

What's Guy Hamilton got to do with that piece of crap?

It features the kind of dialogue which is more befitting of a twelve year old. I'm sure Richard Maibaulm must be spinning in his grave at the suggestion that he had anything to do with that.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,622
    The scene doesn't make much sense. Where would you put it. It would spoil thesurprise.
    The way the film was shot, we the viewer weren't sure what was going on. Our first hint that something was amiss with GF's plan wasn't until the shot of a passed out Leiter.
    This silly town hall meeting would have destroyed the suspense.
    Even as a hoax its badly conceived. I can't see where the filmmakers would have ever considered putting such a pointless scene, let alone taking the time to cast, stage and shoot it. Utter bollocks.
    The misspelling of Leiter is grevious, not to mention the article's author not even taking the time to get the release date of the film correct. 1965?
  • swilso1swilso1 Little Rock
    Hi Everyone!
    I’m Stephen Wilson and I can solve the mystery of the Golfinger deleted scene essay. The work was supposed to be humorous. I love Golfinger and wrote that piece a long time ago. I intended as a comic piece and it was originally in the humor category. I work in corporate communications and marveled at the thought that anyone could convince a town to “play dead” at a certain time. I tried to poke fun at the idea by creating a ridiculous scene where Felix does just that. The only reason I am seeing this is I found it was no longer on my computer. I had fond memories of it because I thought it was good and wanted to find the online version but forgot where I put it. Does anyone have a working link to where it is now? I’m sorry for any confusion. I did not intend it as a hoax. If you re-read it as a humor piece maybe you would see that - or not. At any rate I would love to get a copy of it. Once again, I’m sorry that my dry humor went so wrong.
    Stephen Wilson
    I vaguely remember the photo of Cec Linder which is one i've never seen before and that did conjure up a lot of fuel to this lol. I don't have a copy of it though.