Extensive TSWLM video making-of

edited December 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,400

Here's part 1. It's very interesting and thorough muck akin to the DAD 'From Script to Screen' doc which has been lauded by fans. It's also very long.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, I saw parts of this as I was looking for reviews and researching on sreenwriter Christopher Wood, who gets a rare televised interview here.
  • It's great to see Cubby at work. He is a very polite and informative man. I've never seen him in this kind of BTS type footage so it's interesting to see the man behind his actual desk talking about making a Bond film. It's clear Cubby has a lot of control over these films; as much as TSWLM is a 'Lewis Gilbert film' its just as much an Albert Broccoli picture. He even bills himself as a 'creative producer'.

It's also very interesting to see the Barbara Bach camera-tests and see that Bach kept her Russian accent off-set to make sure she stayed consistent. It's also interesting that Bach fought against the 'Bond girl' cheesecake-type publicity (to no avail it would seem).

It's also cool to see Moore shooting his GB sequence.
  • Here is another cool video with a nice intro from Sir Roger

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    It's great to see Cubby at work. He is a very polite and informative man. I've never seen him in this kind of BTS type footage so it's interesting to see the man behind his actual desk talking about making a Bond film. It's clear Cubby has a lot of control over these films; as much as TSWLM is a 'Lewis Gilbert film' its just as much an Albert Broccoli picture. He even bills himself as a 'creative producer'.
    He truly was the glue that kept it all together, even in the most trying of times. It takes a very special individual to do what he did for so many years. I agree with you that it's always a treat to be able to see the man at work like this. Thanks for posting this.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    pachazo wrote:
    It's great to see Cubby at work. He is a very polite and informative man. I've never seen him in this kind of BTS type footage so it's interesting to see the man behind his actual desk talking about making a Bond film. It's clear Cubby has a lot of control over these films; as much as TSWLM is a 'Lewis Gilbert film' its just as much an Albert Broccoli picture. He even bills himself as a 'creative producer'.
    He truly was the glue that kept it all together, even in the most trying of times. It takes a very special individual to do what he did for so many years. I agree with you that it's always a treat to be able to see the man at work like this. Thanks for posting this.

Well, I certainly can't argue with any of that.