James Bond - Not a Man, but a Codename

1235»

Comments

• edited December 2014 Posts: 7,500
    I am shcoked to see such a thread on this forum! Completely, positively SHOCKED! On an MI6 forum??! Is it supposed to be some kind of a collective joke to trick naive people like me? Please tell me it is... Does anybody take this debate seriously? Please tell me you don't...

Edit: Reading through the thread now I see the intention is to mock the codename theory more than anything. Thank god for that! #:-S
  • Bond James Bond 007 as written by Fleming is one person as in the books. Where is it written in it is a code name? For example, the previous 007 Billy Smith retired and then Chris Richards took over and assumed the name Bond James Bond 007.

This is a silly notion and if the films went this way it would ruin them, we like Bond for his character traites and skills when on the job ect and he is the same person.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @TripAces, please avoid triple posts by using the edit button.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    It originally had merit as Mr Silva was once Raul Rodriguez so it could have been correct Bond was an allias but Skyfall killed that with one scene his parents head stone. Case closed.

But let's be clear: it doesn't prevent EON from using this approach going forward, after DC is is done. I am not saying they will, nor am I saying they should. It's just a possibility.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Bond will marry Moneypenny and have three children who later become members of Quantum. It's just a possibility.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond will marry Moneypenny and have three children who later become members of Quantum. It's just a possibility.

It deserves a thread of its own!
    Same can be said of every role in which one actor replaces another.

Pity the CIA. They can barely keep a Felix Leiter for more than one mission.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you for editing your posts, @TripAces! :-)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030416175225/http:/www.actionadventure.about.com/library/weekly/2002/aa111202a.htm

I read the above dated Tamahori interview for the first time today on his rejected DAD ideas to the producers. It's ridiculous what he had in mind!

If you haven't seen it, he talks about begging Michael and Babs to bring back Connery to play a previous codename James Bond who sympathises with PB's character because he was also abandoned by M.

Just think, DAD could have been even worse!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That idiot should never have been let anywhere near a Bond film. It's painfully obvious to me now.

Neither should Michael Apted.

Stains on a storied franchise history sadly.
    slyfox wrote: »
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030416175225/http:/www.actionadventure.about.com/library/weekly/2002/aa111202a.htm

I read the above dated Tamahori interview for the first time today on his rejected DAD ideas to the producers. It's ridiculous what he had in mind!

If you haven't seen it, he talks about begging Michael and Babs to bring back Connery to play a previous codename James Bond who sympathises with PB's character because he was also abandoned by M.

Just think, DAD could have been even worse!

Tamahori would have then truly achieved the impossible, had we let him.
    What a shocking idea! Positively shocking!!! ;)
    "I didn't know that."

That's telling. Hard to imagine DAD could have been worse.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    "I didn't know that."

That's telling. Hard to imagine DAD could have been worse.

He didn't know anything. If he'd been a villain he would have been called Zilch.