Archer (2009 - present)

edited July 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 11,189
Has anyone seen the animated US TV show Archer about a cocky, arrogant prat of a spy working for his mother?

Stirling Archer himself reminds me a bit of George Lazenby.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Has anyone seen the animated US TV show Archer about a cocky, arrogant prat of a spy working for his mother?

Stirling Archer himself reminds me a bit of George Lazenby.

I've not come across this is it worth a watch ?
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 11,189
    It's very funny. For Bond fans I'd strongly recommend it.

Here's a brief montage of clips:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looks like some people have been watching A Scanner Darkly. ;-)
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Ha. I remember I made that exact comment to my friend when I first saw Archer. The animation style also makes me think of some of the stuff made in the 90s (Bevis and Butthead).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Also, the name Archer... I wonder if that's any coincidence at all? ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's funny that this thread was just created, because moments before, I was checking out the seasons of 'Archer' on sale on blu-ray and debating purchasing them, AND I've just recently started re-watching the show. It's so hilarious.

"Who am I, Count Bulletsula?...wait, come back to me, I can do better."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love Archer. It's the James Bond Spoof I've always wanted. Plus it's funny because Archer looks like the Bond character model from Agent Under Fire. :p
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've loved Archer ever since it caught my eye and I saw a few episodes of it years ago. I am nothing close to resembling a weekly watcher, but every time it is on FX in the early mornings or late nights I'll tune in. It's extremely funny, and spoofs so many brilliant films and television shows that it truly is filled with endless fun. They have been running a lot of promotions for the next season on FX lately, one of which spoofed "Top Gun," which made me crack up because Archer always drops "Danger Zone" and Kenny Loggins related puns.

Here are some of the show's finest moments:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Skytanic is the best episode, followed by The Job Offer.

Lana: Captain Lammers!
    Archer: Nice read, Velma.

Come on now, who doesn't love Archer.... get out.
  • I don't consider archer a spoof per se, but has some elements of Bond spoofery, i.e Katya/Anya, sterling and malory/craig and dame judi
    but the best by fay IMO is Judy Greer's psycho-heiress moneypenny spoof in Cheryl Tunt
    Just got to the third season. This show is amazing. Really wish I hadn't decided to return the seasons I got on blu-ray, it's hilarious.
  • here's a site that has all of them
    http://stream-tv.me/watch-archer-online/
    Bump

This thread deserves some appreciation.

Have you seen season 5 ? What did you think of the "twist" in the series ?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've yet to see Season 5 but I currently have 1-4 on DVD and love it. In the Danger Zone! :))
    I saw up to season four, I won't see season five until it hits Netflix. I'm looking forward to it, I hear it's amazing.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have not seen all of series 4 yet. Earlier, I finished re-watching series 3. I have heard about series, and that there is a further twist afterwards. Does anyone else think that Pam is the best character?
    I love this show too, it's so deliciously twisted. I set it to automatically DVR so I don't miss any new episodes.
    I also think it's hilarious that it's a Bond spoof, and the M equivalent is named "Malory", and now, the ACTUAL M is named Mallory... now that's a great coincidence.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    This is seriously my favourite show.
    This is seriously my favourite show.

I end up not watching it for a few weeks, and then I have a binge moment where I watch all the seasons in a matter of days. Once I start watching that show, I can't just watch one episode. It's impossible.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I can't wait until Archer comes back, even if season 5 was largely a disappointment.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think they tried to drift away from the previous ones. Now with the spy agency remained, they're going back to the roots. Here's hoping Burt Reynolds comes back. Lol!
    Did anyone watch the premier last week? I thought it was a really great episode. Before it came on I told my friend "I really hope they don't go back to the old building and everything, that'd seem like such a copout." However the way they did it was really great. I liked the way they subtly hinted at having to get rid of the name/logo 'ISIS' due to certain unsavory associations.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sark wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the premier last week? I thought it was a really great episode. Before it came on I told my friend "I really hope they don't go back to the old building and everything, that'd seem like such a copout." However the way they did it was really great. I liked the way they subtly hinted at having to get rid of the name/logo 'ISIS' due to certain unsavory associations.
    Mallory's breakdown was hilarious after that holographic agency faded away. Lol!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Brilliant show! I was lucky enough to go to a talk with Adam Reed in Vancouver a few months ago where he discussed the show, and showed S6E1 early for us :)
    He also talked about ISIS' effect on the show, and other things.
    This season has been far better than last season so far.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Haven't watched any of it, as I don't have the channel. :(
    Looking forward to binge watching the hell out of it when it becomes available!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Just typed Archer into the search field because I thought: "I bet I won’t even be able to eat spaghetti and meatballs ever again. Oh god, I could eat. Not necessarily spaghetti and meatballs, but not necessarily not spaghetti and meatballs. I mean, I really like spaghetti and meatballs. …Man, if I don’t get some spaghetti and meatballs in me, I might literally die.”

And I found this thread which makes me think: “If I stop drinking all at once, I’m afraid the cumulative hangover will kill me.”

Now be careful, the greatest Archer fan ever has arrived, so you better call Kenny Loggins. 'Cause you're in the danger zone.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Now I'm cross, I mean I'm seriously cross, I'm cross as can be, so cross I can't even enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. No replies? I mean, really, I am so...Sterling Archer...I would shag myself. No one?

"Hey. Hey, proposition: first person to reply to me, guy or gal, I will let him or her give me a handy. Come on, let's share the milk of human kindness"
    try reddit.com/archerfx for more archer discussion. There's not a lot happening with the show right now. Although it'd being moved to FXX.