Janet Brown (1923 - 2011)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited May 2011 in News Posts: 13,350
Janet Brown, who played Margaret Thatcher in <i>For Your Eyes Only</i> died today at the age of 87 at a nursing home in Hove, East Sussex, after a short illness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13574208

RIP. A great impersonation she gave and brought a lot to the lighter end of a more serious Bond film.

Comments

Very sad- a spot-on impression indeed! RIP

I was surprised to note her age--- she's only a couple years older than Sir Rog! Certainly didn't seem that way in FYEO; did they make her look older in that movie? No disrespect intended
    It's not like Roger was young in that movie either, lol
    Wow, never realised she was that old. RIP.....x
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    She was 58 in the film and looked very good for it I might add. Only four years older than Sir Roger.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    RIP, Miss Brown. I loved your take on Dame Maggie.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    She was a talented comic actress and a classic impersonator. I'll forever fondly remember her for her Bond cameo, but she was well recalled over here for much more.

RIP...
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    As much as I hated that ending in FYEO, she certainly did a great impression of the Iron Lady. May she RIP.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm with Kerim on this. The ending is an absolute low-point in an otherwise very good film but she played it well and it's sad to know that she's no more.

RIP dear Janet.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Always aware of Janet, if only because she was married to one of my favourite comedy actors - Carry On legend Peter Butterworth. He died in the late 70s, and he wasn't even 60.
  • Ditto everything said here, she really did look like Thatcher and if you had to had someone play her in FYEO, she was the perfect choice. RIP Janet.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Rest in peace.