Craig's Classic Bond

edited October 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
Criag got his third film in and now we can look at him more objectively. My question: has Craig done a "classic Bond"/?

The previous actors (save for Brozza) have done a classic film, ie one of their films will stand out as a classic 007 tale.
Connery had his GF
Moore has his TSWLM
Dalton has LTK
Even Lazenby with his one shot film, OHMSS has become a [cult] classic.
I don't rank any of Brosnan's films as an instant classic. GF was good but cannot be considered a classic. Maybe the fact that it came out after such a long hiatus would make it a classic. I dunno....

Back to the question at hand: Has Craig done a classic film? I would say, yes. That film being CR
This is not a knock on the supreb SF (which I loved and ranks it with some of my favorites) but Craig's first outing is such a good film and deserves instant classic status.
That PTS filmed in glorius black and white...the stunning colors during the title credits sequence, and that kick ass song by Chris Connell. The excitiment, the great Bond girl in Vesper, LeChiffe a great villain, the intro of Mr. White and finally that kick in the balls ending...

CR ranks as an all time classic along with GF, OHMSS, TSWLM and will go down as ONE OF THE TOP TWO OR THREE Bond films.

Comments