James Batman 1966

oo7oo7
edited August 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,068

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I hadn't heard of it and from the looks of it, I guess we won't be able to secure a copy. ;-)
  • oo7oo7
    all i can see is a clip on youtube and a a number of stills. what a crazy find though.
    Wow great find, never come across it before.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Really strange mixture. Thanks for bringing it to our attention here, @oo7.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    No copyright infringement intended of course.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I presume that EON and DC Comics recieved the appropriate royalties for this?

parodies are not subject to copyright claims.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2013 Posts: 9,117
    Perdogg wrote:

What? So if I could get a studio interested to stump up 200m and lure Daniel Craig and Christian Bale I could remake this and EON and DC couldn't do a thing?

I find that somewhat hard to believe.
    Perdogg wrote:

What? So if I could get a studio interested to stump up 200m and lure Daniel Craig and Christian Bale I could remake this and EON and DC couldn't do a thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_v._Acuff-Rose_Music,_Inc.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2013 Posts: 16,330
    Perdogg wrote:

By today's standards I don't think that's possible. And I don't think they could call it James Batman either. But in the 60's, 70's, and 80's Exploitation/ spoof films like this were everywhere. Heck even popular movies of the time got unofficial sequels.
    Murdock wrote:
    Perdogg wrote:

By today's standards I don't think that's possible. And I don't think they could call it James Batman either. But in the 60's, 70's, and 80's Exploitation/ spoof films like this were everywhere. Heck even popular movies of the time got unofficial sequels.

Didn't George Lazenby do a 007 parody on TV show?
    Perdogg wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Perdogg wrote:

Well, I know that he did in the film The Return of The Man From UNCLE (1983)
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Perdogg wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Perdogg wrote:

Well, I know that he did in the film The Return of The Man From UNCLE (1983)

This is funny

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2310354014/
    Also The Simpsons episode You Only Move Twice made lots of references to Bond (including James Bont) without actually ever mentioning anything EON related by name because FOX didn't want to infringe on copyright and 'Bont' was the closest name they could legally use.

So whilst it's possible to do a Bond/Batman spoof, the filmmakers would not be able to use anything that was copyrighted so that would rule out the use of 'Batman' for starters.
    As this was foreign and unofficial it seems it got away with it. There are many more of these types of '60s spy spoof films out there just waiting to be rediscovered.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/jckMZB854fs?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/jckMZB854fs?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

FULL FILM
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ryrTxYyJb6k?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ryrTxYyJb6k?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/9OxB-jq5XLY?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/9OxB-jq5XLY?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/jckMZB854fs?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/jckMZB854fs?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

FULL FILM
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ryrTxYyJb6k?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ryrTxYyJb6k?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    bump, ignore the guest writer and just watch it here
    Great find. This seems like a really weird movie.90% of the Bond parodies are really bad so I would assume the same for this movie.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,554
    The entire film is now available on You Tube: