Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

I just finished watching it...it is very good,i must say.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »

Can't believe you liked it, @barry007...!

In the words of Sanchez..."You disappoint me!!!"

Can't believe you liked it, @barry007...!

In the words of Sanchez..."You disappoint me!!!"

Hahaha im not a big star wars fan but that was 2 hours over very quickly !!

Whatever you think about Disney they have indeed done well with the last two Star Wars movies, unlike the creator with his last three and never-ending doodling with the original three. Episode VII recreated the fun of the original three and with Rogue One they delivered a one of that was actually quite good and entertaining. EON should borrow their playbook into creating a decent movie as the last three have been halfcocked for my taste.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Whatever you think about Disney they have indeed done well with the last two Star Wars movies, unlike the creator with his last three and never-ending doodling with the original three. Episode VII recreated the fun of the original three and with Rogue One they delivered a one of that was actually quite good and entertaining. EON should borrow their playbook into creating a decent movie as the last three have been halfcocked for my taste.

I'd rather watch Spectre on repeat than have to watch those two bloody awful Star Wars fakes again.
    SaintMark wrote: »

I'd rather watch Spectre on repeat than have to watch those two bloody awful Star Wars fakes again.

Good for you, I see you leave no stone upturned to moan about the new SW movies, SPECTRE is a total waste of time after the PCS. Mendes really showed how he should be kept away from any decent actioner it is just not his strength.

Am i bad to have enjoyed Star Wars VII ? i dont know much about the series,unlike my beloved Bond of course....was it inaccurate in some way ?
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 4,813
    I loved it. Rogue One too. And Spectre.
    I guess I'm just a weirdo ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I loved it. Rogue One too. And Spectre.
    I guess I'm just a weirdo ;)

Another weirdo here.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Weirdo #3 right here.
    I enjoy all the Star Wars films to differing degrees
    Weirdo #3 right here.
    Yes. Did you like the films, by the way?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Weirdo number 4. I loved Spectre and The Force Awakens. I still haven't seen Rogue One yet but I plan on it when it comes out.
    Am i bad to have enjoyed Star Wars VII ? i dont know much about the series,unlike my beloved Bond of course....was it inaccurate in some way ?

Well TFA was just a regurgitated A New Hope and Rogue One was a pointless prequel to A New Hope telling a 2 and a half hour story that was wrapped up in the opening crawl of A New Hope with one sentence.

Disney are milking their precious Star Wars cash cow dry.
    Aaah ok..i think i get that...so for a hard-core fan it was a con ,even with Han Solo's death ?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Weirdo #3 right here.

The Force Awakens, Spectre and Rogue One, all three. None are perfect, but I neither needed nor expected them to be.
    Weirdo #3 right here.

The Force Awakens, Spectre and Rogue One, all three. None are perfect, but I neither needed nor expected them to be.

Spot on re the first two films,i dont even know what the 3rd one is...
    I loved TFA, Rogue one and liked Spectre, but then I really like the Phantom menace so i must be the wierdest one of all...
    The Phantom Menace was an improvement on Return of the Jedi.
    yogi1 wrote: »
    I loved TFA, Rogue one and liked Spectre, but then I really like the Phantom menace so i must be the wierdest one of all...

Prequels are flawed though there is some great moments in those films, they are pretty crazy movies entertaining for me. In Phantom Menace the Pod Race still stands up very well, Darth Maul is pretty awesome.

The Phantom Menace was an improvement on Return of the Jedi.

No I've come to really like that one too as of late. It's the final duel when luke really lets rip and gets a little too close to the dark side. Its the only time we really see that, makes me wonder what could be coming up in ep8?
    There are some great moments in ROTJ, but it feels like Jim Henson could have directed it.
    yogi1 wrote: »

I don't hate Phantom Menace. You all wanna complain about Rogue One, sit through the Holiday Special. Disney has yet to do that bad.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    ROTJ is the worst of the original trilogy but saying it's worst than any of the prequels is just plain dumb.

The Prequels are utter garbage, only those that didn't grow up with the OT would say such nonsense.

You'll never understand the disappointment we had waiting for those films to get TPM, AOTC & ROTS but then again some people make excuse fo the likes of Suicide Squad so I'm not surprised some would defend the prequels.

Badly scripted, poorly acted over long toy commercials with bloody awful C.G.I

How old are you, @Shardlake?
    I am 42 and I felt that disappointment when I walked out of the cinema after watching Phantom Denace, I enjoy the prequels for what they are now though Jedi is far superior.
    ROTJ actually has my favorite scene in ALL the Star Wars movies. As @yogi1 mentioned it's the part when Luke loses his shit and goes ballistic on Vader.

The thought of Luke possibly going Dark along with the music is just great.
    The reason I ask is that I grew up with SW as well, but I can speak for myself.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    ROTJ actually has my favorite scene in ALL the Star Wars movies. As @yogi1 mentioned it's the part when Luke loses his shit and goes ballistic on Vader.

The thought of Luke possibly going Dark along with the music is just great.

Emperor thrown room scene and final space battle in Jedi more than makes up for weaker aspects of the film.
    Luke turning to the Dark Side was a possibility at one point if I recall, Hamill pushed for it.
    So what is the problem with star wars VII for fans..i still dont get it as a non-fan of star wars ?