Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• I like the idea of an older Luke Skywalker mentoring a new Jedi hero.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited November 2012 Posts: 3,497
    I don't want more SW films. The originals were great, but I didn't have the slightest bit of interest in the prequels, of which I've only seen The Phantom Menace.

:-?
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    I don't want more SW films. The originals were great, but I didn't have the slightest bit of interest in the prequels, of which I've only seen The Phantom Menace.

No great movie franchise should die. The prequels werent in the same league as the original trilogy however I welcome the opportunity to see the chance to make another classic.
    I am not keen about Disney nor for new episodes, although I have to admit I would like to see Luke creating the New Jedi Order and meeting Mara Jade.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesCraig wrote:

No great movie franchise should die. The prequels werent in the same league as the original trilogy however I welcome the opportunity to see the chance to make another classic.

With all due respect, but The Phantom Menace is one of the dullest movies I've ever seen.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Phantom Menace was indeed very boring- and such a wasted opportunity too. We were used to seeing one Jedi- and an amateur at that.
    In 1998-1999 we all were imagining JEDI WARRIORS shooting lightning at each other, and these awesome 'Clone Wars' we heard Obi Wan talk about.

Instead what we got were trade disputes.....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Phantom Menace was indeed very boring- and such a wasted opportunity too. We were used to seeing one Jedi- and an amateur at that.
    In 1998-1999 we all were imagining JEDI WARRIORS shooting lightning at each other, and these awesome 'Clone Wars' we heard Obi Wan talk about.

Instead what we got were trade disputes.....

The prequels focused on fictional Politics and Religious disputes that nobody cared about. The only good thing about the prequels were the fight sequences.
    I might as well chime in on this:

1. The Empire Strikes Back (You know, for a while there, many people my age proclaimed this movie as the greatest film of all time. Ah, youth).

2. A New Hope.

3. Revenge of the Sith.

4. Attack of the Clones.

5. Return of the Jedi. (One of the most overrated films in cinema history, IMO).

6. The Phantom Menace.

• 1. Sith
    2. Empire
    3. Hope
    4. Clones
    5. Jedi
    6. Phantom
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I am annoyed. The Empire Strikes Back is overrated. Sure, send me hate mail, threaten me, but you can't beat Hope. Even though Jedi is my fave.
    Natalie Portman in that white ensemble during attack of the clones was the best thing about the film

Tell me I'm wrong :D

• No great movie franchise should die. The prequels werent in the same league as the original trilogy however I welcome the opportunity to see the chance to make another classic.[/quote]

With all due respect, but The Phantom Menace is one of the dullest movies I've ever seen. [/quote]

The fact is the original trilogy was fantastic, phantom was crap and the other two weren't fantastic by any means. There is now an opportunity for the next movie to be a classic like one of the original trilogy movies. If they do another phantom then it would be a wasted opportunity and a major disappointment to me as a Star Wars fan.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Natalie Portman in that white ensemble during attack of the clones was the best thing about the film

You are so so right!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I am annoyed. The Empire Strikes Back is overrated. Sure, send me hate mail, threaten me, but you can't beat Hope. Even though Jedi is my fave.

You are a blasphemer. As good as A New Hope is, it cannot beat Empire.
    Risico007 wrote:

You're wrong. The best part in the whole film: Jango Fett. Padme in her torn white sweater, second best.

You are a blasphemer. As good as A New Hope is, it cannot beat Empire.
    Risico007 wrote:

You're wrong. The best part in the whole film: Jango Fett. Padme in her torn white sweater, second best.

Jango was fairly underused and again both Jango and Boba are cool looking but name me one success either really had?
  • Too bad Disney didn't buy Star Wars before Lucas did the prequels....
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    Jango was fairly underused and again both Jango and Boba are cool looking but name me one success either really had?

Jango burned Mace Windu's cloak.

Boba tracked the Millenium Falcon to the Bespin system, took Frozen Han to Jabba the Hutt, survived the sarlac, and has survived quite some time after the Original Trilogy.
  • I've never seen a Star Wars film. I liked the Family Guy parodies though :D
    I've never seen a Star Wars film. I liked the Family Guy parodies though :D

Watch the films, you'd be surprised how damn faithful the Family Guy parodies are.

Watch the films, you'd be surprised how damn faithful the Family Guy parodies are.

I think they're good at that. Cleveland Show (which is normally crap), had a good Die Hard parody episode that was really faithful.

I would recommend the original trilogy, great story and lots of fun!
    Look as a person who grew up with the prequels I find they have a charm about them. Now of course the originals are much better but I still enjoy the prequels now and then. I'm very excited for a new director/screenwriter to show their vision on a classic franchise
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I've never seen a Star Wars film. I liked the Family Guy parodies though :D

I would recommend the original trilogy, great story and lots of fun!
    Hop on that, man! They're great!

If you decide to include the prequels, do it in this order: IV, V, II, III, VI
    You'll thank me! :-bd

I sure do have a soft spot for Episode IV though-- nothing beats Harrison Ford's 'young asshole' Han Solo, lol
    Like Bond, every guy wanted to be him
    I see Harrison Ford and raise you Matthew Vaughn

http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-matthew-vaughn/208715/
    I'm all in.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I'm all in.

150 million in the pot
  • lol I totally just read that in his voice
    Gentlemen, showdown, please.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wow, good God. Could this film actually work?