Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    LOL why would he think Yoda would die in Episode II?? :-?

I'd guess because he didn't know Episodes IV, V and VI existed. He was probably one of those people who thought Episode I was actually the first released.

Haha very funny!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    WOW

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/

George-Lucas-Disney-thumb-640x507.jpg

Disney bought Lucasfilm and now owns Star Wars!! Episode VII coming out in 2015!
  • BenBen
    edited October 2012 Posts: 121
    WOW

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/

Disney bought Lucasfilm and now owns Star Wars!! Episode VII coming out in 2015!

Kind of inevitable as he has basically milked it for everything it could of been milked for. Interesting to see what Disney will do with it. The only things that I know that is coming is the release of the films in 3D and they were planning on making a live-action TV series in between Star Wars III and IV and focusing on more minor characters but ideas started in 2005 I think but Lucas said it was too expensive and they'll do it when it's cheaper (3/4 years time).

Also, I've just seen this thread and the Gotye song so I thought I'd add this. Not the same style but still quite good.
    Star Wars - Call Me Maybe

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Star Wars VII? Is this a joke?

Likely a new story to appeal to younger audiences.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:

Likely a new story to appeal to younger audiences.

I doubt it, this is Disney smartly capitalizing on what promises to be the most lucrative film franchise ever, after our beloved Bond films of course. Just because Lucas doesn't want to make any more Star Wars films doesn't mean that Star Wars fans don't want to see any more films. I hope Disney takes this very seriously and makes good quality films in the Star Wars universe because frankly I would love to have more Star Wars films!!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350

That was my first thought too. It's actually happening but who cares? What a joke indeed! Let's see if it can be worse than the last three films!

The plan is for episode 8 and 9 to follow three years later, so it's going to be milked all over again.
  • So technically Leia is a 'Disney Princess' now :-?
  • I know Lucas wrote treatments for three other movies in the 70s... You have the expanded universe etc. I should really be running laps around the world right now, it's the Disney thing that gets to me.
    If it's not written by Lucas, and a new story.. I'm game.
    Where can they take it though? I saw this on Sky news and was like wow?!!! Will be laughing when the CGI haters see a trailer for these? ;) :))
  • 0013 wrote:
    My ranking:
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Return of The Jedi
    3. Revenge of The Sith
    4. A New Hope
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack Of The Clones
    Swap Star Wars and Jedi (none of this New Hope nonsense) and that's how I'd have it.

• Oddly I was only thinking yesterday if and when more Star Wars movies would be on their way. Now that Disney have their hands on it, more movies will be on the way and I look forward to this.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So, we're finally getting another SW trilogy? My goodness I'm totally uncertain as to whether I enjoy this news now as much as I would have fifteen years ago.
  • who would be the best director for Star War 7? Who can do Science Fiction......james Cameron come to mind because of terminator? Alien? Avator? Too bad he busy with Avatar 2 no chance he will come to SW unless he a big fan?
  • Think established successful Disney / Pixar director. Brad Bird springs to mind
  • Star Wars has been a bad joke since 1997. Can't say I'm too excited about more of it.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,767
    I just am blown away by this I had to call my uncle who is a big star wars fan! I can;'t believe it a new star wars film Well now Jaws 5 and macgyver is the only film to remain on my movies that will never happen list. as other films i thought would never happen have not only happened but spawned sequels ( Jaws 5 Die Hard 4 a new batman movie after batman and robin and a new bond film after Die another Day and Star wars episode 7 were all on a list I started in middle of 2001 when i was a wee lad only 14) Now It's happened all of it now if they could film that great jaws script that was around the internet in 99 (every jaws fan knows what I'm talking about Hooper returning the film taking place in San Francisco)

Anyways I just

Star Wars 7 is coming!
  • who would be the best director for Star War 7? Who can do Science Fiction......james Cameron come to mind because of terminator? Alien? Avator? Too bad he busy with Avatar 2 no chance he will come to SW unless he a big fan?

My list:

JJ Abrams
    David Cronenberg
    Matthew Vaughn
    Peter Jackson
    Robert Zemeckis

It would be a longshot but I think a Darren Afronsky-Star Wars film is worth watching.
    just read this crikey, 4billion means they will want to make serious money out off star wars. the ongoing merchandising will help recoup some of it though i envisage many more films. after the last three movies this is probably a good thing and we may be surprised by what a new trilogy could offer, bearing in mind everyone involved in Lucas film will still be involved except Lucas himself which may be a good thing. i remember reading decades ago about a proposed 3rd trilogy that was labeled dark forces if i remember correctly that focused on the twin children of han and leia, and Luke had turned to the dark side. they could go that way with it.

My list:

JJ Abrams
    David Cronenberg
    Matthew Vaughn
    Peter Jackson
    Robert Zemeckis

It would be a longshot but I think a Darren Afronsky-Star Wars film is worth watching.

JJ Abrams is probably doing another Star trek movie movie by the Peter Jackson The Hobbit......I think Robert Zemeckis who has some history of doing science fiction gene....I think it ideal that Brad Bird would be the choice as he has done some disney movie aka The Incredibles
    Bird, yes! But... they need someone to stay for all 3 films. That'll be a challenge. Why not Spielberg?
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Bird, yes! But... they need someone to stay for all 3 films. That'll be a challenge. Why not Spielberg?

Eh. I don't think he can commit to another trilogy. His recent Sci-Fi endeavors (Minority Report, War of the Worlds, and to a extend, Indy 4) are lackluster at best.
    spielberg a great choice, was he not supposed to do jedi at one point? though recently i read he was done with action movies. plus there is also the tintin trilogy though think Jackson is directing the second tintin.
  • After seeing JJ Abrams do the new Star Trek movie, he's my first choice.
    spielberg a great choice, was he not supposed to do jedi at one point? though recently i read he was done with action movies.

He's not done with action. He has Robopocalypse coming in 2014. Giant robot wars aren't action?

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    spielberg a great choice, was he not supposed to do jedi at one point? though recently i read he was done with action movies.

He's not done with action. He has Robopocalypse coming in 2014. Giant robot wars aren't action?

ill try and find the link, my apologies should have said after current projects he stated he was done with action.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is awesome. after buying the rights to most of the Marvel properties, it looks like Disney will be making a comeback in making awesome live action films. Can't wait so see this new Star Wars film.