Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

I really like Padme in Attack of the Clones. In The Phantom Menace she was tough but too young to be taken seriously. In Revenge of the Sith all she did was be pregnant, cry, and then die. In AOTC she was tough, believable, and sexy. I just wished she could've been that way in the other two films.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Pregnancy kinda knocked her out of the action in Revenge of the Sith, I'll cut her some slack there. I've been reading Star Wars Aftermath: Life Debt, and that's essentially what's going on with Leia while Han's missing at that point in the book, and she's only a couple months pregnant at most, unlike Padme who's almost nine months pregnant in Revenge of the Sith.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    True. She did need to be pregnant in ROTS so that would take her out of the fight. I just wish her character had more to her in that film. I feel like she was just kinda there and that was it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If her Rebel Alliance scenes hadn't been cut she would have a bigger role.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Tribute to Carrie...

:)
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,813
    Harrison Ford surprised everyone and showed up at the Star Wars Celebration!

17904529_1318037288278864_3617597922434863335_n.jpg?oh=8ee49fb0e9227c98321fd843bf71f078&oe=59971BFE

I've gotta say, the dude looks good- maybe Indy 5 isn't that out of the question. (they'd better get a move on though)

*Edit
    Here's the whole thing. Kinda long, but all interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=148&v=dTqmkkw22vs

(not sure why it isn't showing up... sorry guys
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    He hasn't aged since Indy 4.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Harrison Ford surprised everyone and showed up at the Star Wars Celebration!

17904529_1318037288278864_3617597922434863335_n.jpg?oh=8ee49fb0e9227c98321fd843bf71f078&oe=59971BFE

I've gotta say, the dude looks good- maybe Indy 5 isn't that out of the question. (they'd better get a move on though)

*Edit
    Here's the whole thing. Kinda long, but all interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=148&v=dTqmkkw22vs

(not sure why it isn't showing up... sorry guys

;)

This is awesome
    This first image was taken at the SW Celebration in Orlando:

tumblr_oodbbaL9wt1qfe5vwo2_1280.jpg

This next image was taken a few (or perhaps more) years ago:

tumblr_oodbbaL9wt1qfe5vwo1_500.jpg

• edited April 2017 Posts: 4,813
    It's here!!!

17966153_1484179934966936_3833941534862131962_o.jpg?oh=a2b3ccf60b051bd9ce7b0a1afc2f0f4d&oe=598C09D5

Spoiler free- don't worry
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Wow! This one feels very dark. Like Empire Strikes Back. Welcome back John Williams, you have been missed!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looks fantastic. Can't wait.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Yep, just what the Doctor ordered, looking seriously epic but as it should be one big tease.

December will seem a long time away, going to watch Rogue One tonight.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Going to limit myself to a viewing of the full theatrical trailer, then going cold until the release of the film like TFA.
    It was ok very much a teaser, gave very little away the poster is good.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I was actually underwhelmed with this trailer until I realized it was just a teaser.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, I'm superexcited, folks!
    I was actually underwhelmed with this trailer until I realized it was just a teaser.

That's how I felt - didn't really blow me away like the one for TFA did, but at the same time, at least it showed very, very little of the movie. Could've taken the route of so many other trailers and spoiled it all in a matter of minutes.
    I want tomorrow to be December, but I know that's asking too much.
    Oh. My. God.

Finally. I am too hyped right now.

The inner kid in me needs restrains.
    I'll tighten those restraints, scavenger scum.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's how I felt - didn't really blow me away like the one for TFA did, but at the same time, at least it showed very, very little of the movie. Could've taken the route of so many other trailers and spoiled it all in a matter of minutes.

That was my reaction found it underwhelming, though it maybe more to do with the regularity of Star Wars films now. Looking forward to The Last Jedi of course, though watching the teaser I could not help thinking I have seen it all before.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I was hoping that this would have a different look and feel to it than TFA, much like Empire did from its predecessor, but I suppose that's down to it picking up immediately where Episode VII left off, which I'm still not a fan of.

Well, it was only a glimpse and of course I'm happy that nothing was spoiled. It's still my most anticipated film of the year.
    Not sure if it's been shared, but Leia will not appear in 'Episode IX':

http://collider.com/carrie-fisher-not-in-episode-9/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Good. Hopefully that means giving her a a proper send off in VIII. And If they have to use some CGI to do so, I'd be OK with it.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I've seen every Star Wars movie numerous times and this is the deal.
    Ranking
    Star Wars 4
    Rogue one
    Star Wars 6
    Empire
    Episode 3
    Star Wars the force awakens
    Episode 2
    Episode 1

Argue with this if u care otherwise it is the absolute truth and opinion of everybody in this forum
    jake24 wrote: »

Good. Hopefully that means giving her a a proper send off in VIII. And If they have to use some CGI to do so, I'd be OK with it.

Don't believe they'll use any form of CGI on her (thankfully, that garbage was jarring in 'Rogue One'), and she'll get a proper send-off of sorts in 'The Last Jedi,' whatever that may be.
    jake24 wrote: »

Don't believe they'll use any form of CGI on her (thankfully, that garbage was jarring in 'Rogue One'), and she'll get a proper send-off of sorts in 'The Last Jedi,' whatever that may be.
    I was referring to a Paul Walker/Furious 7 scenario. Giving Leia an entire CG-based performance from scratch is a vastly different story, and wouldn't come close to doing justice for the character.
    That wouldn't be as bad, no doubt. However, if they have an emotional way to give her a sendoff in 'The Last Jedi,' particularly with footage that was already shot and wouldn't need any sort of tweaking, then that's good enough for me.
    I saw Rogue One twice in theatres, one before Carrie's death, and one after.
    What's interesting is that when they filmed the scene of young Leia, at the time it was meant as a fun bonus-- a cool little wink to the fans, showing once and for all that the very next thing that happens in the story is ''A New Hope"
    Then it inadvertently turned into a sad sendoff, like the Furious 7 bit @jake24 mentioned.

In Ep VIII, there won't be a dry eye in the house the last time we see Leia. :(
    I wonder, story wise, what they will to with the character? Will she die? Or will it be like Lando, and just be assumed elsewhere?
    At least we will see lots of her, by the sound of it.