Stuff that is ****ing me off.

Comments

Quoting AgentFae: @JamesPage - can you at least explain why you didn't give prior warning?
    I've asked about a dozen times now, but I received stony silence. Or a remark about not posting here anymore.

• Quoting Vesper: It doesn't look *as* bad when in category view.
    That does look better.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 114
    I know you can't tell us the exact details, but couldn't a warning be given to expect it? Or was that prevented by whatever the problems were?

All we want is an answer to one of those simple questions. I don't see what is hard about answering.

Either you chose not to tell us or you were prevented from doing so. One or the other and the conversation is over, problem solved.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 202
    Removed by a moderator
    @Moore - yeah, I know. It's a damn shame.

Be a man, @JamesPage, and say why you didn't give prior warning - this isn't asking about the change this is simply why no warning was given.
    I certainly don't want to take that kind of tone, I owe JP a lot. He created a fantastic site. I love the work he has done. It has brought joy and friendships we never could have had into our lives.

But I've been a part of this community for 8 years and to have this sprung on us was a shock. I feel that, at the very least, we can be told if they just decided to "surprise" us or had no choice to.

I'm not trying to cause trouble or come across as rude, but it is certainly something that people have been asking. I am not the only one who has been echoing this sentiment.
    On another note, will Mi6's Facebook page still be available?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,380
    No warning was possible due to a lot of other stuff going on. Look around outside of these walls and you can see some other drastic changes. That's it for now - no further details atm.

Please believe me when I say that how this transition went down was the toughest decision we've ever made over the 13 years of running MI6.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 54
    redacted
    Yeah, but I'm a angsty teenager and am thus taking thaat tone.

Regardless of the tone we still want an answer.
    Quoting Licence_To_Blog: On another note, will Mi6's Facebook page still be available?
    Aren't we on it?

Quoting JamesPage: No warning was possible due to a lot of other stuff going on. Look around outside of these walls and you can see some other drastic changes. That's it for now - no further details atm.
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm sorry to nag, but it is a question that many people were asking and all we wanted to hear was an answer.
    And he just replied ... mmmmm ...
    Quoting Licence_To_Blog: On another note, will Mi6's Facebook page still be available?
    Yes, but FB doesn't allow pages with large followerships (a new word?) to change their name.
    Quoting Moore: Either you chose not to tell us or you were prevented from doing so. One or the other and the conversation is over, problem solved.
    So what if they chose not to tell us? It is their right. MI6 doesn't owe anything to anybody. If anything, we owe MI6. These boards are a privilege.

MI6 has its own agenda and so it has created these boards to fall in line with said agenda. Like-minded folk will stay and the rest will leave. The way I see it, get on board or find another place to post.
    They don't. If you read my messages you would see that. But after 8 years, common sense and courtesy would dictate that such a sudden change was either forced upon them or they chose not to tell us. They could at least tell us- their friends and fellow forum members- what is going on. I don't need to know everything, but just what happened.

Perhaps as a newer member you don't give a damn, but being here for almost a decade and part of such a tight knit community you don't expect that big of a shake up out of no where.

Plus, we have an answer already because, as an older forum member would know, James Page is a good man and is willing to step up to the plate and given answer to the long time members.

• Quoting JamesPage: No warning was possible due to a lot of other stuff going on. Look around outside of these walls and you can see some other drastic changes. That's it for now - no further details atm.

Please believe me when I say that how this transition went down was the toughest decision we've ever made over the 13 years of running MI6
    Like I said, as a veteran I'll do my best to help.
    Quoting TheWhiteTuxedo:

Please believe me when I say that how this transition went down was the toughest decision we've ever made over the 13 years of running MI6

Like I said, as a veteran I'll do my best to help.
    As will I. Know that I know the circumstances I'll do my best to make things run smoothly just as they did before. MI6 has always been a daily part of life for me the past 8 years and I am looking forward to another 8..

Keep up the great work, JP.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    I have a feeling that after a few weeks worth of "beta testing", this place will be brought up somewhere near what the old forum was like. Most of the new quirks will remain and some old conveniences will be brought back.

At least, this is what I hope will happen. Please?
    Thanks guys. I would have liked to have been here responding to questions more over the past couple of hours but there was work to be done elsewhere making sure the rest of the sites were moving OK.
    Some testing would be nice.
    Sorry for the harsh tone, but I love the site. Should have cooled down before I started talking. Hope everything works out for you!
    We figured that there would be a lot of heated posts tonight. Hopefully once we've all found where to put the furniture in the new house and what all the switches do, spirits will be back up.

BTW, we didn't choose MI6 'Community' by accident :)
    :) Thanks and I apologize again. It is late here... adding into the shock effect I probably came across as sounding cranky and rude. So I apologize.

edited March 2011 Posts: 1,380
    @Moore right back atcha! I vented a couple of one liners whilst spinning too many plates that I shouldn't have.
    I feel like I've come home from work to find my wife replaced, it's THAT kinda level we're talking. Wish we'd been told before hand.
    Not happy with this at all. Lost an important PM :(
  • SharkShark Banned
    Blimey this is counter-intuitive. I don't know what to say. All of those countless posts, gone in an instant.
  • I think Facebook is slowly taking over.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 92
    Quoting doctorzhivago:
    I think Facebook is slowly taking over.
    Why do you think I'm failing yr12? :-S
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Man, I was 3 posts away from my 5000th post. Not that I care about postcount, but it seems that all the posts I made are simply gone. And about the 'abrupt' change, well, I wished we'd be atleast warned about it.
This discussion has been closed.