What Sights Would You Like to See in a Bond Film?

edited August 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,483
2910012412_3eda2dfee4.jpg

The interior of the University of Zurich library. Reminds me of an old Ken Adam set.

Comments

Times Square, maybe in a chase scene of sorts, I was there only a week ago and it truly is amazing, I think it would work pretty well.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Isn't that where they filmed the shootout in the International with Clive Owen? If not it was somewhere pretty similar.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

The interior of the University of Zurich library. Reminds me of an old Ken Adam set.

Quantum Headquarters anyone? :)

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Queen Sofia Palace of the Arts (Spain)

Kraljica-Sofija-1.jpg
    home_r1_c5.jpg

Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol.

For the only reason that I could watch the filming from my home ;-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,900
    @Perilagu_Khan Nice Ken Adam-style architecture, indeed.

Feel free to repost this in the location thread, which covers countries and architecture:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1489/location-location-location/p3
  • @Dimi- WOW! There's also an amazingly high and extremely posh hotel in Dubai I think that pictures were posted of at one time that future locations were mentioned. I wish I could remember the name. The interior lobby was beyond belief in color and scope. I looked at the locations thread but could not find that picture I saw.

For selfish reasons I would love to have a Bond film come to Philly, but it'll probably never happen.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    If you go to the thread QBranch suggested, or my other one What country would you like to feature in a Bond movie? (sorry, my computer won't let me post a link now) ,you'll see lots of great photos of places around the world, including that Dubai shot, Sir Henry.

I like the Queen Sofia Palace of the Arts, @DarthDimi, because I could see some sort of grand escape from it - rappelling down that amazing roof maybe!
  • Bond hasn't been in Canada, Mexico, or Australia. In Australia, I suppose the Sydney Opera House would have to feature. Canada could lead to a sequence on Niagara Falls. Not too sure about Mexico, though.

America sorely needs some time in a Bond movie, too. The last two times a Bond movie was set in America, all we got was Miami & the Florida Keys. I can't see Bond in much of the south or midwest, but a return to New York City would be great.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 418
    I'd like to see Bond visiting somewhere like Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Canada, some place where there's a Ski resort, and the first half of the adventure set in a winter, snow location. Maybe a Ski or taboggan/sled/Luge chase. Then for the second half of the film, Bond going somewhere sunny - South Africa or Austrailia, starting with location work in the city of Sydney, and finishing in the outback...
    m0011l.jpg

Alamillo Bridge, Seville, Spain

And let's keep in mind, this thread is not about countries or even cities. It is about specific buildings, structures, geographical formations and vistas you'd like to see in a future Bond film.
    m0011l.jpg

And let's keep in mind, this thread is not about countries or even cities. It is about specific buildings, structures, geographical formations and vistas you'd like to see in a future Bond film.
    Don't get me wrong; I agree with you completely.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,483
    table-mountain1.jpg

Table Mountain, South Africa
    TIVOLI-5.jpg

Nimb Hotel, Copenhagen, Denmark
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,900

The link provided earlier covers all of this. Do we really need a separate one?
    QBranch wrote:
    @Perilagu_Khan Nice Ken Adam-style architecture, indeed.

Feel free to repost this in the location thread, which covers countries and architecture:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1489/location-location-location/p1
    Murdock wrote:

If it stands as the library then a meeting place of Quantum rather than the headquarters.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

If it stands as the library then a meeting place of Quantum rather than the headquarters.

Yes. I always assumed Quantum were a more transitory, organic organisation. They don't seem to need or warrant an H.Q. It seems a tad old-fashioned and while they may have several locations they operate from, QoS seemed to suggest the whereabouts of their people is constantly in flux, to avoid detection.
    I think Quantum probably has headquarters of some sort, like many criminal or terrorist organisations do. But they must be in secluded places, hidden. Their meeting place being public in QOS I always thought a library would be perfect.
    Staglieno Cemetery Genoa Italy
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    I don't know if this would pertain, but with the opening long ago of the Iron Curtain, there are some places such as Budapest that have never been seen in a Bond film. I saw some footage of Budapest in a recent episode of "Royal Pains" (ok sue me, I like the show) and it seems like a beautiful city.

@4Ever-I still can't find those pics of the interior of that Dubai hotel and I did look in all the suggested threads. Perhaps it was another Arabic land, but I swear there's a picture here somewhere :)