The most ridiculous Bond theory you heard/read

edited August 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 14,816
I am talking here about theories you read on internet forums, or among your friends, or in the medias, or whatever. And try to find something else than the codename theory, although if you heard a twist to it I'd like to read about it. I have one or two for future posts.

Comments

• Most of those ventured about Severine immediately come to mind :-?
    The codename theory. /thread
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It isn't as much a theory as a statement, but I am annoyed by people who try to argue that Bond is a sociopath.
    It isn't as much a theory as a statement, but I am annoyed by people who try to argue that Bond is a sociopath.

Quite right.

I'm in the middle of having an argument with a member on another thread about this issue.
    There was one here that was brought up in a thread by a newbie who never showed up again: Gareth Mallory was in fact Blofeld. After the codename theory, this one is hard to beat.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The codename theory is the thing that upsets me most. People make such a big point of the whole continuity thing, they would do anything to get the holes filled.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494

Quite right.

I'm in the middle of having an argument with a member on another thread about this issue.

I feel the need to quote Craig- "Good luck with that" :)). Especially after said member has just admitted that he feels he is entirely in the right in how he views Skyfall.

Quite right.

I feel the need to quote Craig- "Good luck with that" :)). Especially after said member has just admitted that he feels he is entirely in the right in how he views Skyfall.

Yes his opinion is not OPINION. His opinion is FACT :-?

Alright. Since you obviously aiming at me. How exactly would you call someone who watches coldheartedly the killing of someone else (i am talking about the "Artdealer" here) when ALL it would take is a friendly "freeze you Bastard" (well,apart from unprofessional dumbhead)?

Quite right.

From a logical POV it is exactly that. Very well put,Sir !
    DarthDimi wrote:
    The codename theory is the thing that upsets me most. People make such a big point of the whole continuity thing, they would do anything to get the holes filled.

They don't see they create more holes than they fill them with the theory. For the codename theory to be possible, one would need to resort to science fiction or supernatural to make it stand. No wonder Tamahori was so fond of it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

They don't see they create more holes than they fill them with the theory. For the codename theory to be possible, one would need to resort to science fiction or supernatural to make it stand. No wonder Tamahori was so fond of it.

Yes, right up his cross-dressing street, I'm sure.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Quite right.

From a logical POV it is exactly that. Very well put,Sir !

Trust me, it was in no way a compliment.

Quite right.

Apparently so. Let's see if he has the cajones to debate me on his issues after offering the challenge. Ohhhh,Matttttttttty! I'm waiting on you over there. Prove you're not exactly made of the overinflated, holier than thou, egomaniacal opinion that you're so f'n great and know more about Bond and life than someone who's been in this thing for 45 years now. Or anyone else for that matter!

edited August 2013 Posts: 17,787

Quite right.

Yes, quite a few too many of those types knocking around on Bond forums these days, methinks.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Apologies for going right off topic for the moment but I couldn't find the answer to my question in another thread and it's been bugging me for the last 7/8 years:

Does anyone know who was/is responsible for the "danielcraigisnotbond.com" website all those years ago? I notice it's still up and running although I could swear it was originally taken down shortly after CR was released.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    #1. Code name theory. Yuk.
    #2. What was one during the making of Skyfall? Guns or CIA involved in smuggling something through the set ...?!
    #3. And a timeline that has to have true continuity between all films. (yeah, "Good luck with that!")
    That is so funny, WillyGalore. Your timing of that question, I mean.
    I think one of our current posters is a founding member of that. Though I am not sure; I thought I had read that somewhere ...
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,787
    #2. What was one during the making of Skyfall? Guns or CIA involved in smuggling something through the set ...?!
    #3. And a timeline that has to have true continuity between all films. (yeah, "Good luck with that!")

On Skyfall, I'd not heard of that. Could you elaborate, @4EverBonded?
    It was this topic that jarred my memory so whilst not a theory, it is still utterly ridiculous ;-)
    Dragonpol wrote:

Quite right.

Yes, quite a few too many of those types knocking around on Bond forums these days, methinks.

If it were up to me, they'd be removed and given a lifetime membership in the DCINB/I hate Craig Forum. Unfortunately, it's not up to me. But I'm sure Dimi and the other mods who don't agree with "borscht for brains" are going to notice the dissension and waste of people's time being caused.

@Willy- originally they had some hormonally overloaded Brosnan groupie having a fit over Craig's hire running that show. I don't know if it went down or not for a time, but the lot of them going off a Dover cliff on a Skyfall advertised bus wouldn't be a terrible thing. They're not real fans over there, a real Bond fan takes the good with the bad and looks for the good.
    Dragonpol wrote:

Quite right.

If it were up to me, they'd be removed and given a lifetime membership in the DCINB/I hate Craig Forum. Unfortunately, it's not up to me. But I'm sure Dimi and the other mods who don't agree with "borscht for brains" are going to notice the dissension and waste of people's time being caused.

@Willy- originally they had some hormonally overloaded Brosnan groupie having a fit over Craig's hire running that show. I don't know if it went down or not for a time, but the lot of them going off a Dover cliff on a Skyfall advertised bus wouldn't be a terrible thing. They're not real fans over there, a real Bond fan takes the good with the bad and looks for the good.

Indeed. A "Night of The Long Knives" may be required at some point to purge us of these deadwood members.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I don't have a problem with anyone not liking DC as Bond. It's a matter of opinion. But I had and still have a huge problem with people not liking DC before he'd even filmed a single bloody scene! Same as the shameful tabloid stories, which ran parallel at that time. Bet they all felt like right d***s when CR was released and DC received huge critical acclaim for his performance and his BAFTA nom! Reminds me of certain UK Councils who banned Life of Brian back in '79 despite the fact no one bothered to watch it first! It was a decision based purely on heresay.
    I don't have a problem with anyone not liking DC as Bond. It's a matter of opinion. But I had and still have a huge problem with people not liking DC before he'd even filmed a single bloody scene! Same as the shameful tabloid stories, which ran parallel. Bet they all felt like right d***s when CR was released and DC received his BAFTA nom! Reminds me of certain UK Councils who banned Life of Brian back in '79 despite the fact no one bothered to watch it first! It was a decision based purely on heresay.

Indeed. The Mary Whitehouse brigade of blue-rinsed ladies. Tabloids are of course very fickle here in the UK. We should all know that.

Quite right.

Apparently so. Let's see if he has the cajones to debate me on his issues after offering the challenge. Ohhhh,Matttttttttty! I'm waiting on you over there. Prove you're not exactly made of the overinflated, holier than thou, egomaniacal opinion that you're so f'n great and know more about Bond and life than someone who's been in this thing for 45 years now. Or anyone else for that matter!

Don't you dare to offer me a SINGLE logical scene in SF (right from the Moment Bond leaves the Istanbul Hotel)? Let me sweeten the Deal for you ( and anyone else of my ardent Fans). If you find anything that can be explained by Logic (and not sloppy writing at best) in SF I will never ever post here again (and probably nowhere else, since this Forum was the first Time ever I wrote something on net and that was only to defend some guys which got ridiculed for implying that SF was not really well written). And PLEASE no "Revenge is a Logical Motive" and such Things,that do nothing for or against a sound Storyline!!!
    I don't have a problem with anyone not liking DC as Bond. It's a matter of opinion. But I had and still have a huge problem with people not liking DC before he'd even filmed a single bloody scene! Same as the shameful tabloid stories, which ran parallel at that time. Bet they all felt like right d***s when CR was released and DC received huge critical acclaim for his performance and his BAFTA nom! Reminds me of certain UK Councils who banned Life of Brian back in '79 despite the fact no one bothered to watch it first! It was a decision based purely on heresay.

Oh speaking of which @Dragonpol and @SirHenryLeeChaChing, look who's back.

Timing is everything ;-)
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well, I never did read the original rumor. I just searched back and found our fun thread on The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards Final Voting For *Strangest ... Skyfall Rumor" and this was mentioned (by JWestbrook):

Definitely the CIA gun smuggling through the set of Skyfall. Definitely.

So I still haven't read it, and now I want to! Anybody else remember it? Sounds crazy.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Quite right.

Don't you dare to offer me a SINGLE logical scene in SF (right from the Moment Bond leaves the Istanbul Hotel)? Let me sweeten the Deal for you ( and anyone else of my ardent Fans). If you find anything that can be explained by Logic (and not sloppy writing at best) in SF I will never ever post here again (and probably nowhere else, since this Forum was the first Time ever I wrote something on net and that was only to defend some guys which got ridiculed for implying that SF was not really well written). And PLEASE no "Revenge is a Logical Motive" and such Things,that do nothing for or against a sound Storyline!!!

Are you saying that you need to have a logical storyline that fits together, everything realistic? In a Bond film? Really? I am surprised that the story of Skyfall was so jarring to you as to actually deter from your enjoyment of the film. But to each his own.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

M being "pressured" to take early retirement for making an absolute balls up of the Istanbul operation. All perfectly logical to me.

Goodbye! :-h
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well, I never did read the original rumor. I just searched back and found our fun thread on The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards Final Voting For *Strangest ... Skyfall Rumor" and this was mentioned (by JWestbrook):

Definitely the CIA gun smuggling through the set of Skyfall. Definitely.

So I still haven't read it, and now I want to! Anybody else remember it? Sounds crazy.

It does indeed. Thanks for sharing that little nugget. Also, the QoS set being haunted was the strange story of that film, just like the Daniel Craig can only drive automatic cars rumour for CR, which as his first film had a veritable cacophony of rumours surrounding it. I was glad to see Daniel rise above all of this dung and prove himself when CR was released.