Bond Mysteries #35: Chopper to Bits

edited July 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 38
No, it hasn't really been seven months since the last Bond Mystery, your internal body clock is just wrong.

It may seem like it, though...

So here's another one. A little ditty that has bugged me for many years. I'm sure the answer is down to 'Bond Villain Conventions' but, being the pedant I am, I love to query.

BOND MYSTERIES #35; Chopper to Bits

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Why transfer payment? To make it appear as if a deal has been done. I'm sure Stromberg can afford a helicopter of two.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 38
    Yeah, good point.
    You are clearly channeling your inner Bond Villain better than I am.
    Then again, cancelling the payment seconds after the accident is going to look mightily suspicious to the insurers...
    ...the insurers who are investigating why two top scientists were on Atlantis developing a nuclear submarine tracking system... :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I quite agree, though exploring that angle however intriguing would not make for an interesting Bond film.
  • He transfers the payment so they won't get suspicious that he's planning something. And besides, if you're a supervillain planning to restart humanity underwater, what's a helicopter?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    That looks a very interesting You Tube account channel there. I'll have to check out the other entries later. Well done.
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    That looks a very interesting You Tube account channel there. I'll have to check out the other entries later. Well done.

It's all an illusion. It's actually very dull.
    But thanks. :)
  • If anyone is interested, here's the music in full...
    Note submarine ping as cowbell...